On February 5, 2021, Ralf Heckner, Ambassador of Switzerland to India meets Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana. During the meeting, both sides agreed to share their expertise in the areas of Skill Training, Tourism & Dairy Sector.
- They also agreed to explore possibilities of signing MoUs for teacher-student & Cultural Exchange programmes.
- The MoU & Exchange programme will help in enhancing the bilateral ties between Switzerland and India, particularly with Haryana.
i.Ralf Heckner stated the importance of Haryana in the India-Switzerland bilateral ties
- Around 34 Swiss Companies are functioning in Haryana providing employment to around 16, 600 people.
- Approximately 10% Business of Swiss Companies is in Haryana.
- Haryana is one of the Five States in India where Swiss Companies have fully established their businesses.
ii.Ralf Heckner stated that Haryana has performed greatly in Ease of Doing Business & it is ahead of many other Indian states.
Note – India’s first Skill University has been set up at village Dudhola in district Palwal.
Recent Related News:
i.On June 25, 2020, According to the ‘Annual banking statistics, 2019’ released by Switzerland’s central bank Swiss National Bank (SNB), India is at the 77th position in terms of money parked by its citizens and enterprises with Swiss banks at the end of the year 2019
About Switzerland (officially Swiss Confederation):
President – Guy Parmelin
Capital – Bern
Currency – Swiss Franc (NHF)