The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is set to launch the portal ‘MCA21 Version 3.0’ during the Fiscal Year 2021-22. The portal will be the 1st Mission Mode e-Governance project of Government of India (GoI).
- MCA21 portal is used by companies for submitting various documents as part of compliance requirements under the company law.
- It is set to be driven by Data Analytics and will have additional modules for e-Adjudication, e-Consultation and Compliance Management.
- The portal will be equipped with Micro-services architecture for advanced analytics & emerging digital technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Language (ML).
- To Strengthen enforcement & transform Corporate regulatory environment in India
- Promote Ease of Doing Business
- Enhance user experience
- Facilitate seamless integration and data exchange among regulators
Key Components of MCA21 Portal:
- MCA is set to establish a Central Scrutiny Cell for inspecting some Straight Through Process (STP) Forms filed by Corporates on the MCA21 registry.
- The cell will flag companies which require in-depth scrutinies.
- For managing the rising volume of adjudication proceedings by Registrar of Companies (RoC) & Regional Directors (RD).
- Will ensure complete digitisation of the adjudication process.
- Will serve as a platform for conducting online hearings with concerned parties.
- To automate and enhance the process of public consultation on proposed amendments & draft rules.
- It will also help in AI driven sentiment analysis, consolidation and categorization of stakeholders’ inputs & creation of reports on the basis.
Compliance Management System (CMS):
- It will assist MCA to identify non-compliant companies/Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) and issue e-notices to the defaulters.
- It will also raise alerts for internal users of MCA about defaulters.
- It will serve as a technology platform/solution for performing rule based compliance checks & undertaking enforcement drives of MCA (issuing e-notice prepared by MCA for administration of corporates).
- Establishment of a MCA Lab consisting of corporate law experts for evaluating the efficacy of CMS, e-consultation modules & all others.
MCA21 V3 will also have a cognitive chatbot enabling helpdesk, mobile apps, interactive dashboards, enhancing user experience using UI/UX technologies & continuous data dissemination through Application Programming Interface (APIs).
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA):
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman (Rajya Sabha Member – Constituency – Karnataka)
Minister of State – Anurag Singh Thakur (Lok Sabha Member Constituency – Hamirpur(Himachal Pradesh))