Gujarat government has topped the list of states with most investment potential that has been according to the survey from New Delhi based think tank National Council of Applied Economic Research (NACER).
- However the ranking released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in September last year that emphasizes the success rate of states in implementing 98 regulatory reforms is offset with the NACER data.
- The list of 21 states that kept on survey, Gujarat, New Delhi and Tamilnadu as the top destinations for making investments.
The Hurdle before the Investors
Three hurdles faced by the investors which hindering investments are
- Corruption in Local level
- Delay in Getting Approval
- Environment Clearance
Top Five Destinations among Investors:
- New Delhi
- Andhra Pradesh
The survey was conducted in 20 states and in one Union Territory Delhi, it was based on key aspects including Labour, Infrastructure, economic climate, governance and political stability also 51 sub indicators.
- Industries ranked Uttarakhand (32.5%) as the least corrupt state and Tamil Nadu as the most corrupt with 100% of the survey participants voting against it. The bottom three parameters where industries have least concerns are availability of unskilled labour, availability of water and labour relations.
- Gujarat is leader in governance and political stability and perception,New Delhi topped in infrastructure and economic climate, Kerala is ranked first in Labour issues.