Karnataka Government led by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana for free treatment to accident victims for the first 48 hours in the nearest hospital be it Government or Private Hospital.
- The accident victims treatment scheme Mukhyamantri Scheme Harish Yojana has been named after Nanjappa who donated his eyes minutes before he passes away seeking help after severely injured in a mishap in the city.
Santwana Harish Yojana Highlights:
- The Scheme emphasizes to provide immediate medical relief would be provided to the victim during the Golden Hour with financial aid up to Rs. 25, 000 during the first two days.
- The Accident Victims could be treated in nearest government or Private hospital.
- Under this Scheme 200 hospitals have been empanelled for the scheme for which Rs 10 crore had been allocated in 2015-16.The Health Department has asked the Chief Minister to offer Rs 75 crore in the 2016-17 Budget.
- A software covering hospital registration, patient registration, claims submission and packages will be installed for the proper implementation of the scheme.Emergency toll free helplines will also be set up to help accident victims.
- Capital: Bangalore
- Chief Minister: Siddaramaiah
- Governor: Vajubhaivala