Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Even though love as a constitutional right has never been expressly_______in Indian jurisprudence, this isn’t as_______a notion as one might think.
1) articulated, far-fetched
2) tacit, real
3) vocal, seen
4) clear, IntroduceAnswer – 1)
Explanation: articulated – express, उल्लेख
far-fetched – imaginative, अवास्तविक
- He noted how that document had inaugurated a certain conversation in the country,_______a move away from the language of homophobia towards a vocabulary of choice, of personal_______.
1) impede, autonomy
2) compelling, autonomy
3) deter, called
4) hinder, AutomaticAnswer – 2)
Explanation: compelling – forcing, मजबूर
- We like to salve our needlessly guilty conscience by__________a religious significance to these sculptures, but few people are__________by this mock spiritual argument.
1) agree, understand
2) renege, perceive
3) discredit, interpret
4) ascribing, deceivedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: ascribing – attribute, श्रेय देना
- India has transformed__________in__________ways in the last two decades.
1) usual, finite
2) unspectacular, definite
3) spectacularly, innumerable
4) regular, countableAnswer – 3)
innumerable – infinite, असंख्य
- Our mandate was paramount and_________to do all we could to save lives, and________food, fodder, drinking-water and migration distress.
1) unambiguous, mitigate
2) apparent, aggravate
3) distinct, incite
4) explicit, increaseAnswer – 1)
Explanation:unambiguous – Clear, सुस्पष्ठ
mitigate – lessen, कमी
paramount – dominant, सर्वोच्च
- We organised feeding centres for the_________, fodder stalls for cattle, and transported drinking water over long_________.
1) secure, warmth
2) rich, sympathy,
3) prosperous, friendliness
4) destitute, distancesAnswer – 4)
Explanation: destitute – helpless, असहाय
- Villagers said it was difficult to_________children to eat this but they had no option as there was nothing else for________to eat.
1) Prevent, its
2) persuade, them
3) Dejection, their
4) Hinder, thoseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: persuade – convince, मनाना
- Unlike in many other regions of_________farmer suicides, we heard of landless labourers and_________ farmers also ending their lives.
1) endemic, marginal
2) foreign, interior
3) different, central
4) distant, AreaAnswer – 1)
Explanation: endemic – native, स्थानिक
marginal – सीमांत
- Even more gravely, neither the Central nor the state government is serious about__________out the National Food Security Act that should lawfully have_________a year and a quarter ago.
1) fight, Prohibit
2) disagree, Tight
3) clash, Ban
4) rolling, commencedAnswer – 4)
commenced – start, शुरुवात
- Every once in a while, a discussion or debate starts on________. On a debated issue, precision is________.
1) incarceration, prelimit
2) malnutrition, coveted
3) Nutrition, Restrict
4) Food, StrictAnswer – 2)
Explanation: malnutrition – कुपोषण
coveted – desirable, वांछनीय