Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the Blanks, which is common for all the IBPS/SBI/RRB/SSC CGL/LIC/LDC exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete in the contest of the sentence.
- Mahajan has reportedly suggested two options for an alternative building: either a new building within the existing Parliament_________ or a new one nearby, across Rajpath in the heart of Lutyens’ Delhi.
D. AreaB. 2 complex
- DDCA affairs were in such a mess that the India-South Africa Test match earlier this month was organised, on orders from the Delhi high court, under the________of Justice (retired) Mukul Mudgal.
D. complainedA. 1 supervision
- While the political tu-tu-mai-mai goes on, at a very basic level, this case once again highlights the mess in our sporting federations and politicians getting_________ due to the oversight functions they exercise.
D. entangledD. 4 entangled
- What works against Kejriwal is that the charges against Jaitley came just after CBI_______Kejriwal’s principal secretary Rajendra Kumar.
D. raidedD. 4 raided
- Three major stakeholders among developed countries, the US, EU and Japan, have begun to stitch together far reaching________trade deals.
D. personalC. 3 regional
- Both the US and UK have given juvenile justice courts the flexibility to waive their jurisdiction in favour of adult courts for_______crimes, India should do so as well.
D. disgustA. 1 heinous
- At the heart of the new bill is an amendment to create district-wise juvenile justice boards that will determine whether a juvenile________will be sent for rehabilitation or tried as an adult.
D. offenderD. 4 offender
- It called for stringent_______, time-bound tenures for office bearers and builtin safeguards against the perpetuation of personal control in the highest ranks of sport bodies.
D. difficultyB. 2 transparency
- On the AAP versus BJP front, while Parliament was disrupted over demands for the finance minister’s______, the prime minister said that Jaitley, like L K Advani after hawala charges, would “come through with flying colours”.
D. prohibitionA. 1 resignation
- India’s legislative building is young compared to many peers: the United States Capitol has been in use since 1800 and London’s Palace of Westminster has been home to the British Parliament for_______.
D. longerA. 1 centuries