AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 10 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The project VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme comes under which ministry?
1. Union Ministry of AYUSH
2. Union Ministry of Science and Technology
3. Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs
4. Union Ministry of Earth Sciences
5. Union Ministry of FinanceAnswer – 2. Union Ministry of Science and Technology
Central Government has received 260 applications from foreign scientists for Visiting Advanced Joint Research (VAJRA) Faculty scheme. Out of these 260 applications, 70 will be shortlisted for this year. VAJRA Faculty scheme is a pilot project by the Department of Science and Technology (Under Union Ministry of Science and Technology) which was launched in May 2017.
- Which Indian state becomes the first state to slash VAT on petrol, diesel?
1. Madhya Pradesh
5. MumbaiAnswer – 2. Gujarat
Gujarat state government announced a 4 per cent reduction in VAT (Value Added Tax) on petrol and diesel. It has thereby become the first state to cut VAT on fuel. On account of this decision, petrol will get cheaper by Rs 2.93 and diesel by Rs 2.72 across Gujarat from the midnight of Oct11th and 12th .
- Central Government has approved Rs 2,000 crore for setting up Aadhaar centers in _____________, because of several complaints against private vendors are filed such as petty, corruption and attempted frauds.
2. Post offices
3. Educational Institutions
5. MunicipalitiesAnswer – 2. Post offices
Government approved Rs 2,000 crore to set up Aadhaar units in post offices, with an aim to gradually phase out private contractors from the data collection process in Aadhaar enrolment. This decision has been taken as Government received several complaints against private vendors such as petty corruption and attempted frauds. Moreover Supreme Court too had highlighted reports of alleged leakage of Aadhaar data.
- What is the Theme of India Water Week 2017?
1. Water conservation and production
2. Water and resources to nurture Humans
3. Water for well-being of people
4. Water, Energy and other resources for better life
5. Water and Energy for Inclusive GrowthAnswer – 5. Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth
Theme of India Water Week 2017 is ‘Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth’. It is held from 10thto 14thOctober, 2017. India Water Week 2017 is a platform to discuss ideas with global-level decision makers, politicians, researchers and entrepreneurs in the field of water resources for mutual benefit.
- Under whose leadership Standing Committee on External Affairs headed by was formed to examine the India-China relations?
1. Bhupender Yadav
2. Sathyanarayan Jatiya
3. Naresh Gujral
4. Anand Sharma
5. Shashi TharoorAnswer – 5. Shashi Tharoor
The Standing Committee on External Affairs headed by Shashi Tharoor, Congress member of the Lok Sabha, was formed to examine the India-China relations.
This committee will examine the issue of cooperation between India and China in international organisations. This move has been made after Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi demanded Prime Minister Narendra Modi to explain the resumed road-construction by the Chinese near the Doklam plateau.
- Which Indian state government implemented the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS)?
1. Himachal Pradesh
5. AssamAnswer – 1. Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh government implemented the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS), in Shimla. SCHIS has been introduced to provide easy access to curative old age related health care services through additional cover. The scheme would increase coverage of Rs.30,000 per senior citizen to all existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) smart card holders.This would be in addition to the basic coverage of Rs.30,000 in Trust and Society mode.
- What is the theme of 3rd International Conference on Yoga 2017?
1. Yoga as Medication
2. Yoga for Good Health
3. Yoga for Mental Fitness
4. Yoga for better thinking
5. Yoga for WellnessAnswer – 5. Yoga for Wellness
Vice President, Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the two days ‘International Conference on Yoga for Wellness’ at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi. This is the 3rdInternational Conference on Yoga organized by the Ministry of AYUSH. About 500 delegates, including 69 from overseas countries attended the conference.
- Which Indian state has planned to make its airport with Aadhaar-enabled entry and biometric boarding system?
5. KolkataAnswer – 4. Bangalore
The Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has planned to make Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) as India’s first airport to have complete Aadhaar-enabled entry and biometric boarding system. The process would verify a passenger within 5 seconds at every checkpoint, completing the screening process in 10 minutes compared to the average 25 minutes.
- . In which part of Andhra, its Chief Minister Mr.N.Chandrababu Naidu inaugurates Blockchain Business Conference?
2. West Godavari
5. VizianagaramAnswer – 1. Vishakhapatnam
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr.N.Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated a two days International Blockchain Business Conference, at Fintech Valley Vizag, in Vishakapatnam. The International Blockchain Business Conference is hosted by Fintech Valley Vizag. It is hosted with the support from Ministry of Electronic and IT. This will connect government bodies, startups and corporates working on Blockchain technologies to create more business and investment opportunities. It will have sessions on Blockchain in banking, insurance and capital markets.
- Which Indian state has become the leading Indian tourist source market for Australia with over 59,000 tourists having visited Australia in the year ended in June 2017?
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 3. Maharashtra
Maharashtra ranks as the leading Indian tourism source market for Australia. According to the data compiled by Tourism Australia, Maharashtra contributed to a growth of 18 % in tourist entries and 41 % in spend for the year ended in June 2017. Maharashtra was followed by Delhi with 32,000 travelers, then by Karnataka (30,000), Tamil Nadu (20,000), Punjab (18,000) and Gujarat (17,000).
- Which of the following factor is considered as the violation of the RBI guidelines?
1. Altering Repo and Reverse Repo rates
2. Arbitrary adjustment of spreads
3. Inflating of base rate
5. 2 &3Answer – 5. 2 &3
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) panel on an external benchmark rate for banks headed by Janak Raj, Principal adviser of Monetary Policy Department has submitted its report. As per the report, several disconcerting banking practices, including violation of the RBI guidelines, inflating of base rate and arbitrary adjustment of spreads are prevalent among major banks in India.
- What is the abbreviation of MCLR?
1. Marginal Cost of Funds Based Lending Rate
2. Maximum Cost of Funds Based Lending Rate
3. Minimum Cost of Funds Based Lending Rate
4. Marginal Cost of Funds Based Leading Repo Rate
5. Marginal Capture of Funds Based Lending RateAnswer – 1. Marginal Cost of Funds Based Lending Rate
Marginal Cost of Funds Based Lending Rate (MCLR), introduced by RBI from April 1, 2016 is the minimum interest rate of a bank below which it cannot lend. MCLR was introduced to replace the base rate mechanism. However only around 40 per cent of the corporate portfolio and one-fourth of retail portfolio are currently under the MCLR regime.
- Which private Bank has committed a financial assistance of Rs 10 crore to the Indian Armed Forces?
1. HDFC bank
2. Corporation bank
3. ICICI bank
4. Federal bank
5. Axis bankAnswer – 3. ICICI bank
As a part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative, ICICI Bank has committed a financial assistance of Rs 10 crore to the Indian Armed Forces, which will be utilised for welfare activities and betterment of the families of ex-servicemen who have lost their lives on duty.
- Andhra Pradesh State Government and international digital payments company Visa announced a tie up for Visakhapatnam Digital Dhan Sankalp Project, to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first ____________ city.
1. More money
2. 100% electrified
4. Highly educated
5. Less cashAnswer – 5. Less cashExplanation
Digital Dhan Sankalp project, is an initiative to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first ‘less cash’ city. The range of digital payment services included under the project are payment of water and property tax at Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC), bus services run by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC), iconic tourist locations at Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority (VUDA), and utility services of Eastern Power Distribution Company of AP Ltd (EPDCL). These services are now accessible to 90% of population in Visakhapatnam.
- Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Monaco?
1. Kuldeep Yadav
2. Akshay Kumar
3. Vinay Mohan Kwatra
4. Ali Yavar Jung
5. Shilendra Kumar SinghAnswer – 3. Vinay Mohan Kwatra
Vinay Mohan Kwatra is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of the batch 1988.He is presently Ambassador of India to France. He has been concurrently (at the same time) appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Monaco. His residence is in Paris. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Who will be the new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PepsiCo form Nov 2017?
1. Kumar Birla
2. Antony Jenkins
3. Rich Lesser
4. Pierre Nanterme
5. Ahmed El SheikhAnswer – 5. Ahmed El Sheikh
Shivakumar, the former CEO has been replaced by Ahmed El Sheikh, Senior Vice President and General Manager for PepsiCo Egypt and Jordan. Ahmed will take charge as PepsiCo Chairman on 1st November, 2017. Shivakumar will stay with PepsiCo till 31stDecember 2017 as part of the transition process. Ahmed, who held leadership roles in both foods and beverages businesses, led the Egypt business previously.
- Who became the full-time Chairman of Kolkata Port Trust?
1. Vinit Kumar
2. S K Sadangi
3. Vinay Mohan Kwatra
4. J J Biswas
5. Rebecca DasAnswer –1. Vinit Kumar
Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE) officer, Vinit Kumar, took over as full-time Chairman of Kolkata Port Trust. For almost 18 months, Vizag Port Trust chairman M T Krishna Babu was in charge of Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT) in an interim arrangement. Kumar is an IRSEE officer of 1993 batch. Before taking up his new role, Kumar was Chief Electrical Engineer in Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd and was looking after the World Bank-funded Mumbai Urban Transport Project.
- Where is the Headquarters of NABARAD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) located?
5. DelhiAnswer – 2. Mumbai
Headquarters – Mumbai. Rural financial institution National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has bought an additional 7% stake in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for Rs900 crore from IDBI Bank Ltd. This is the largest investment made by NABARD so far.
- How many satellites are launched by SpaceX for Iridium mobile network?
5. 15Answer – 4. 10
SpaceX launches 10 satellites for Iridium mobile network. These 10 satellites are part of Iridium satellite constellation which provides voice and data coverage to satellite phones, pagers and integrated transceivers over the Earth’s entire surface. The Iridium constellation is spread around the globe in six orbital planes, and thereby provides worldwide coverage.
- Which country launched a remote sensing VRSS-2 satellite for Venezuela from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gobi desert?
5. USAAnswer – 1. China
China launched a remote sensing VRSS-2 satellite for Venezuela from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gobi desert. VRSS -2 Satellite was launched by China’s Long March-2D carrier rocket. Venezuela will use this satellite for environmental protection and disaster monitoring, as well as land resources inspection, crop yield estimation and city planning.
- By defeating whom, the Indian pair win gold at World Archery Youth Championship 2017?
5. RussiaAnswer – 5. Russia
The Indian pair Ningthoujam and Bhakat, defeated their Russian opponents by 6-2 in the finals.Jemson Ningthoujam and Ankita Bhakat pair won the recurve team gold medal. This mixed team gold is India’s fourth World Archery Champion title across all disciplines. Ningthoujam also won a silver medal along with Shukmani Gajanan Babrekar and Atul Verma at the recurve junior men’s team event.
- Which is the smallest country to qualify for 2018 FIFA World Cup?
5. NorwayAnswer – 3. Iceland
Iceland, the smallest county, has qualified to participate in FIFA World Cup 2018 by defeating Kosovo by 2-0 in the finals. Iceland finished the group with 22 points from their 10 games. Iceland would participate in its first finals of FIFA World Cup 2018, in Russia. It was a remarkable achievement for a country which has a population of about 3,50,000. Iceland team is coached by part-time dentist Heimir Hallgrimsson. Iceland’s seven wins in the group included all five of their home matches. It has defeated previous World Cup semi-finalists Croatia and Turkey.
- BCCI makes ________ tests compulsory criterion for Team India selection.
2. Fitness test
4. Energy level
5. CapabilityAnswer – 3. YO-YO
In a bid to make India Cricket team one of the fittest sides in world cricket, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has made it mandatory for cricketers to pass the ‘yo-yo’ endurance test. In a yo-yo test, players have to pace themselves to and fro between two rows of cones kept 20 metres apart. For every round the player has to sync his sprint with the beeps that are played. Duration between beeps progressively shorten as the test proceeds.
- On which date “World Day against the Death Penalty” celebrated?
1. 10th oct
2. 11th oct
3. 12th oct
4. 13th oct
5. 14th octAnswer – 1. 10th oct
On 10th October 2017, the World Day against the Death Penalty is observed all over the world. The theme for World Day against the Death Penalty 2017 is ‘the death penalty and poverty’. The World Day against the Death Penalty aims at raising awareness about the reasons why people living in poverty are at a greater risk of being sentenced to death and executed.
- Ajeetesh Sandhu won Asian Tour title at the USD 500,000 Yeangder Tournament Players Championship (TPC) at Taipei.He was an Indian__________.
5. Cricket playerAnswer – 4.golf player
Indian golfer 28-year-old Ajeetesh Sandhu won Asian Tour title at the USD 500,000 Yeangder Tournament Players Championship (TPC) at Taipei.
- On 10th oct. World Mental Health Day is celebrated. What is the 2017 theme of World Mental Health Day?
1. ‘Mental health in the publicplace’
2. ‘Mental health in the studies’
3. ‘Mental health – Unemployment’
4. ‘Mental health in the workplace’
5. ‘Mental health in the homesick’Answer – ‘Mental health in the workplace’
On 10th October 2017, World Mental Health Day is observed all over the world. Mental health in the workplace’ is the theme of World Mental Health Day 2017. Its objective is to raise awareness of mental health issues and mobilize efforts in support of better mental health. World Mental Health Day was first celebrated in 1992. It is observed on 10 October every year.
- Who won the 2017 Japanese Grand Prix ?
1. Nico Rosberg
2. Max Verstappen
3. Lewis Hamilton
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Sebastian VettelAnswer – 3. Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes finished the race 1.2 seconds ahead of Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.Another motorist from Red Bull, Daniel Ricciardo finished third.