AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 2 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which Indian state ranked at top in the first ever Gender Vulnerability Index (GVI) released by child rights organisation ‘Plan India’?
5. KeralaAnswer – 4. Goa
Goa ranked at top and Bihar featured at the lowest in the first ever Gender Vulnerability Index (GVI) released by child rights organisation ‘Plan India’. GVI provides information on nature and magnitude of various problems affecting children, particularly girls, in difficult circumstances. Goa has topped the index with a GVI score of 0.656, whereas Bihar is at the bottom of the table with a GVI score of 0.410.
- Who is the chairman of recently reconstituted Inter-State Council?
1. Prime Minister
3. Finance Minister
4. CM of the respective states
5. RBI GovernorAnswer – 1. Prime Minister
The Inter-State Council, has been reconstituted with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as its Chairman and six Union ministers and all chief ministers as members. Inter-State Council investigates and advises on disputes between states.
- With which foreign country, the Assam government signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Terms of Reference (ToR) for skilling youth of the state?
5. ArgentinaAnswer – 2. Singapore
Assam government signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling youth of the state. The MoU and ToR for North East Skills Centre (NESC) was signed between Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department, of Assam and ITE Education Service, Singapore, in Guwahati, Assam.
- Which state government announced lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for Hindi Satyagrahis?
5. Uttar PradeshAnswer – 3. Haryana
the Haryana government announced lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for Hindi Satyagrahis and few more assistances. The announcements were made during closing ceremony of Swarna Jayanti celebrations at Mahabir Stadium, in Hisar, Haryana. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu was the chief guest. The Haryana government would provide lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for Hindi Satyagrahis which would continue to be provided to their widows after their death.
- Name the First Indian Dog Breed to be trained for Army Duty?
1. Pariah Dog
2. Rampur Greyhound
3. Tibetian Mastiff
5. Mudhol HoundAnswer – 5. Mudhol Hound
Karnataka’s Mudhol Hound, an Indian dog breed, is being trained to serve in the Indian Army, making it the First Indian Dog Breed to be trained for Army Duty. The Army’s Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC) centre is training the Mudhol Hound dogs. It has almost completed training six hounds.
- The Civil Aviation Ministry released draft norms for the unmanned aircraft systems(drones). According to the norms what does a drone require?
1. Unique Identification No
2. Radio Frequency tags
3. Anti-collision lights
4. None of these
5. All the aboveAnswer – 5. All the above
The Civil Aviation Ministry released draft norms for the unmanned aircraft systems that stated that, drones for civilian use will require a Unique Identification Number and Radio Frequency tags. As per the draft norms, Drones require Unique Identification Numbers Drones, Radio Frequency tags and return to home option and anti-collision lights. Nano drones (weighing below 250 g) are exempted from seeking one-time approval, including the unique number requirement. Mini Drones (weighing between 2 kg and 25 kg) need to comply with remote pilot approval requirement.
- For what purpose the Indian state Odisha imposes 7-month ban on fishing?
1. Since the sea is rough during winter season
2. Due to the breeding season of fishes
3. To protect Olive Ridley turtles
4. To increase the productivity
5. Because of the plan of new nuclear power plantAnswer – 3. To protect Olive Ridley turtles
The Odisha Government has imposed seven-months ban i.e. til May 2018, on fishing in the Puri coast in order to protect the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtle. This ban comes prior to arrival of Olive Ridley turtles for nesting in the winter season along the east coast of Odisha. Every year 5 lakh to 10 lakh Olive Ridley turtles come to the state during winters for mass nesting in Rushikulya river mouth and Gahirmatha marine sanctuary along Odisha coast.
- How many pacts are signed between India-Italy during the visit of Italy PM Paolo Gentiloni in India to deepen the co-operation in various fields?
5. 4Answer – 3. 6
Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni held extensive talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on issues such as terrorism, cyber crime, and ways to strengthen political and economic relations. After the meeting, India and Italy signed six pacts to deepen cooperation in the fields of railways sector safety, energy and promoting mutual investments. As per Indian trade data, Italy is India’s fifth largest trading partner in the European Union (EU). Bilateral trade between India and Italy stood at $8.79 billion in 2016-17.
- As per joint study by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India(ASSOCHAM) and Ernst & Young (EY), which country has the largest number of malnourished children in the world?
5. SaudiAnswer – 3. India
As per joint study by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India(ASSOCHAM) and Ernst & Young (EY), India has the largest number of malnourished children in the world. Nearly 40% of Indian children were reportedly undernourished in the year 2015. Although there has been an overall reduction in the infant mortality rate and under-five mortality rate in India during 2005-2015, India is still home to 50 percent of undernourished children of the world.
- What is the theme of the World’s third largest book fair, Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2017?
1. A World in My Book
2. Book is My World
3. Book, My Best Companion
4. Book For The Knowledge
5. Books For Better LifeAnswer – 1. A World in My Book
SIBF 2017 has been organised by Sharjah Book Authority (SBA). The fair will continue for 11 days. Theme of SIBF 2017 is ‘A World in My Book’. As United Kingdom is SIBF 2017 ‘Country of Honour’, a special programme will be held featuring elite British authors and prominent literary figures. The fair showcases more than 1.5 million book titles and 1650 publishing houses from 60 countries.
- Name the Indian state which signed sister-state agreement with Indiana, a State in the US?
5. TripuraAnswer – 2. Karnataka
Indiana, a State in the US, and Karnataka have signed an agreement to establish sister-state ties for cooperation in economic, educational and cultural fields. The agreement, was signed between Indiana Governor Eric J Holcomb and Priyank Khage, Karnataka Minister for IT, BT and Tourism. The Indiana delegation is on a tour in India and visited a few US companies.
- Prabal Dostyk- 2017 is the joint exercise between India and which country?
5. KazakhstanAnswer – 5. Kazakhstan
Indian and Kazakhstan armies began a 14-day joint exercise “Prabal Dostyk- 2017” in Himachal Pradesh, to strengthen bilateral relations and exchange skills and experience. This is the second joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan. The first edition of “Prabal Dostyk” was held in Kazakhstan in 2016. The joint exercise is aimed at improving the military relationship between India and Kazakhstan and achieving interoperability between the two armies.
- EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Ltd) receives $454 mn funding from which organisation for energy efficiency programs?
1. United Nations Environment
2. Global Environment Facility
3. Earth System Governance
4. Global Green Growth Institute
5. Green PeaceAnswer – 2. Global Environment Facility
Global Environment Facility (GEF), an international partnership of 183 countries, International development banks, United Nations agencies and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) will provide $454 million funding for energy-efficiency projects run by Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL). Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) is leading implementation of energy efficiency projects across India. It is promoted by four public sector firms in the energy sector viz.NTPC Ltd, Power Grid Corp. of India Ltd., Rural Electrification Corp. Ltd and Power Finance Corp. Ltd
- In which Indian city the Walmart India launched its first fulfillment centre?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 2. Mumbai
After signing a memorandum of understanding with the Maharashtra government, Walmart India on 2nd Nov 2017 has announced its plans to launch its Cash and Carry business in Mumbai to enable small businesses. The global chain recently signed an MoU with the Maharashtra government to build 15 Cash and Carry stores under the brand `Best Price’ in the state. Of these, two stores have already been set up. It is one of the globally fast adopting online retail services.
- Which is the Asia’s first stock exchange?
1. Bombay Stock Exchange
2. National Stock Exchange
3. Calcutta Stock Exchange
4. Madras Stock Exchange
5. Coachin Stock ExchangeAnswer – 1. Bombay Stock Exchange
About BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange):
Asia’s first stock exchange
MD & CEO – Ashishkumar Chauhan
- Name the Bollywood actress who has featured on the list of the world’s 100 most powerful women compiled by Forbes?
1. Deepika Padukone
2. Shradha Kapoor
3. Sonakshi Sinha
4. Priyanka Chopra
5. Divyanka TripatiAnswer – 4. Priyanka Chopra
ICICI Bank Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) Chanda Kochhar and Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra have featured on the list of the world’s 100 most powerful women compiled by Forbes. The overall list was topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She has retained the top position for the seventh consecutive year and 12 times in total. Other Indians on the list are Shobhana Bhartia, chairperson and editorial director for HT Media, at the 92nd place and Priyanka Chopra, at 97.
- Which of the below given venue was recently awarded the 2017 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation?
1. Humayun’s Tomb
2. Sangay National Park
3. Western Ghats
4. Royal Opera House
5. Crafts Of IndiaAnswer – 4. Royal Opera House
Royal Opera House in Charni Road, Mumbai, was awarded the 2017 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation. The Royal Opera House was closed to the public in 1993. It was reopened in 2016 after restoration It was originally inaugurated by Britain’s King George V in 1911 and completed in 1916. It is currently owned by Maharaja Joytendrasinhji Jadeja and Maharani Kumud Kumari Jadeja of Gondal, Gujarat.
- Who is the new CEO of Paytm Payments Bank?
1. Chanda Kocchar
2. Sudhanshu Jain
3. Shika Sharma
4. Aditya Puri
5. Rana KapoorAnswer – 2. Sudhanshu Jain
Paytm Payments Bank appointed former ICICI Bank executive Sudhanshu Jain as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Sudhanshu Jain has 14 years of experience across internal audit, finance and borrowing roles. He was earlier assistant general manager and head of borrowing at the foreign exchange desk at ICICI Bank.
- Who is appointed as High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Malta?
1. Shyam Srinivasan
2. Arun Jaitely
3. Rana Kapoor
4. Morgan Stanley
5. Rajesh VaishnawAnswer – 5. Rajesh Vaishnaw
Shri Rajesh Vaishnaw who was an IFS Officer in the year 1996, presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Malta. He is expected to take up his assignment shortly.
- Who is appointed as brand ambassador for Gatorade, sports drinks giant, in a partnership up to 2021?
1. Virat Kohli
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. P V Sindhu
4. Neeraj Chopra
5. Sakshi MalikAnswer – 4. Neeraj Chopra
Junior world record holder javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra was appointed as brand ambassador for Gatorade, sports drinks giant, in a partnership up to 2021. Neeraj Chopra is a 19 year old javelin thrower. He has been signed as brand ambassador for Gatorade. He would work with Gatorade India’s Gatorade Sports Science Institute during the period of the partnership till 2021 to better understand his training and match day nutrition.
- Which city was chosen to get India’s first black buck conservation reserve?
5. AllahabadAnswer – 5. Allahabad
Uttar Pradesh State cabinet took a decision to make India’s first conservation reserve for black buck in Meja Forest Division of Allahabad. Among five major decisions taken by Uttar Pradesh State Government during cabinet meeting on October 31, 2017, decision on black buck conservation reserve in Meja, Allahabad is considered as the most important one.
- Who won the 8th Swiss Indoors title, in Basel, Switzerland?
1. Roger Federer
2. Novok Djokovic
3. Rafael Nadal
4. Andre Agassi
5. Pat RafterAnswer – 1. Roger Federer
Roger Federer won 8th Swiss Indoors title, in Basel, Switzerland. Roger Federer defeated Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro by 6-7(5) 6-4 6-3 and won the eighth Swiss Indoors title, in Basel, Switzerland. This is Roger Federer’s 95th Overall title. Earlier Federer was beaten by Del Potro in consecutive Basel finals in 2012 and 2013.
- Which is the first Asian city to host the Gay Games in 2022?
5. Hong KongAnswer – 5. Hong Kong
Hong Kong has become the first Asian city to host the Gay Games in 2022. Hong Kong beat Mexico’s Guadalajara and Washington DC to host the 11th edition of Gay Games. The event is expected to attract 15,000 participants. It is organised by the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community. The Gay Games was founded by former Olympic decathlete Tom Waddell and first held in San Francisco in 1982.
- A gate at the Feroz Shah Kotla is dedicated to which of the following cricketer?
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. M S Dhoni
3. Ashish Nehra
4. Virat Kohli
5. Virender SehwagAnswer – 5. Virender Sehwag
A gate at the Feroz Shah Kotla dedicated to cricket legend Virender Sehwag was inaugurated by the Delhi and District Cricket Association. Sehwag said it was a huge honour for him to have a gate named after him at the Kotla – the ground where he started his journey to become a great. He also said that, this gate will act as a source of inspiration for young cricketers.