AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 16 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- ‘International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR)’ is celebrated on which date every year?
5.19th JuneAnswer –2.16th June
The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR), celebrated on 16 June, is aimed at recognizing the significant financial contribution migrant workers make to the wellbeing of their families back home and to the sustainable development of their countries of origin.
- Which states have been shortlisted by NITI Aayog under ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ (SATH) program, for Health Sector?
1.Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh
2.Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Karnataka and Gujarat
3.Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Telangana
4.Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, Karnataka and Gujarat
5.Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Karnataka and GujaratAnswer – 2.Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Karnataka and Gujarat
NITI Aayog has shortlisted five states under ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ (SATH) program for developing role model states in health and education. For Health Sector, the shortlisted states are Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Karnataka and Gujarat. For Education Sector, the shortlisted states are Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh.
- On June 15, 2017, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated the 16th North East Region Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (NERCPA) Conference in which city?
5.AizawlAnswer – 1.Imphal
The conference deliberated on themes such as ‘North East and Look East Policy’, ‘Special plan for development of railways and airways for speedy economic development of North East region’, and ‘Setting up of a chapter of Speaker’s Research Initiative (SRI) in the region’.
- Ajmer Singh Aulakh, who passed away on June 15, 2017, was:
1.A former minister from Punjab
2.Farmer association leader from Punjab
3.An eminent playwright
4.Wrestler from Punjab
5.An eminent painter from PunjabAnswer –3.An eminent playwright
All through his life, Ajmer Aulakh had been working to uplift the rural theatre with his wife Manjit Kaur and two daughters by his side. He focused mainly on small and marginal farmers and showcased the complexities of the rural life in his plays.
- On June 15, 2017, Shipping Corporation of India and Shipping Ministry organised “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sammelan” in:
On June 15, 2017, Shipping Corporation of India, in collaboration with Union Shipping Ministry organised ”Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sammelan” in Mumbai. The seminar was held to showcase the Government’s and Shipping Corporation of India’s achievements in last three years.
- Which state government signed a tripartite agreement with the Centre and Airports Authority of India under the country’s flagship programme UDAN On June 15, 2017?
The agreement will give a major boost to the local trade and industry, especially in Ludhiana, besides helping the state explore untapped commercial potential in the border areas to create huge job opportunities for the state’s unemployed youth.
- Central Government has made Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank accounts and for financial transactions of Rs ____________and above.
1.Rs. 50000 and above
2.Rs. 75000 and above
3.Rs. 100000 and above
4.Rs. 125000 and above
5.Rs. 150000 and aboveAnswer –1.Rs. 50000 and above
All existing account holders are asked to submit Aadhaar to banks by Dec 31, 2017, failing which accounts will become invalid. The government in Budget 2017 already mandated linking Aadhaar number with Permanent Account Number to avoid individuals using multiple PANs to evade taxes
- India has ranked ______ in environmental impact surveyconducted byUK-based Money Super Market.
The survey has been topped by Southern African country Mozambique as almost all its energy use comes from green sources. India ranked dismal 75th, with renewable energy making up only 15.2% of all energy used; only 2.2% of waste water being recycled, and municipal waste of 0.34 kg per person being generated daily.
- India won re-election To UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India has been re-elected for a ______ year term beginning January 1, 2018.
1.Two year term
2.Three year term
3.Four year terms
4.Five year term
5.Six year termAnswer –2.Three year term
India obtained 183 votes, the second highest after Japan in the Asia Pacific category. Including India, 17 other nations won election to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Belarus, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Japan, Malawi, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Spain, Sudan, Togo, Turkey and Uruguay are the other nations who have been elected for the three- year term beginning January 1, 2018.
- Which among the following tax portal has launched a Bill book software to help small and medium businesses (SMEs) in the country get GST-ready?
With this platform for small businesses in India, ClearTax plans to reach out to about 10 lakh SMEs across the country. The Bill book is a ready-to-use software platform that works both online and offline.
- Which private sector bank has launched India’s first Aadhaar based iris eye scan customer verification and fingerprint operated ATM in Telangana?
5.ICICI BankAnswer –2.DCB Bank
These services utilise a customer’s Aadhaar number, eye scan and fingerprint impression. The DCB ATM also can be used with the usual ATM/ Debit Card. Currently DCB Bank has 262 branches across 18 States and 2 Union Territories.
- How many Indian firms have featured in the top 100 of Nikkei Asian Review’s Asia300 companies list?
As many as 20 Indian firms have been named in the top 100 of Nikkei Asian Review’s Asia300 companies list. Nikkei Asian Review annual Asia 300 Power Performers Ranking is a compilation of the most powerful and valuable listed companies in Asia.
- Who among the following has won the Dorothy Arzner Directors Award for the film ‘Queen of Katwe’ at this year’s Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards?
5.Aparna SenAnswer –1.Mira Nair
Queen of Katwe’s lead actress Lupita Nyong’o presented the award. Elizabeth Banks won the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film and Tracee Ellis Ross won the Lucy Award for Excellence in Television.
- Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi is an eminent:
The Fifth Bhupen Hazarika National Award, 2017 has been conferred on eminent writer from Arunachal Pradesh, Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi. The prestigious Award, instituted by Sarhad, a Maharashtra-based organization, is honouring a person every year since 2012, who has rendered an outstanding literary work at national and international level.
- Which cricketer has signed a deal to be the brand ambassador and an investor in EazyDiner?
2.M S Dhoni
5.Ishant SharmaAnswer –3.Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh is investing an undisclosed amount in EazyDiner via his venture capital fund YouWeCan, and will receive stock options in return. The all-rounder cricketer will also be the face of the popular app.
- Which cricketer has become the quickest batsman to score 8000 runs in one-day international cricket?
2.AB de Villiers
5.Rohit SharmaAnswer –4.Virat Kohli
India captain Virat Kohli has become the quickest batsman to score 8000 runs in one-day international cricket, beating AB de Villiers’ mark in seven fewer innings. Kohli crossed the 8000-run mark in his 175th innings, during the course of his unbeaten 96 off 78 deliveries against Bangladesh in ICC Champions Trophy semi-final in Birmingham.
- P N Bhagwati, who passed away on June 15, 2017, was the:
1.Former Attorney General of India
2.Former Chief Election Commissioner of India
3.Former Chief Justice of India
4.Former Solicitor General of India
5.Former Governor of Uttar PradeshAnswer –3.Former Chief Justice of India
Justice Bhagwati was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court in 1973 and became the 17th CJI in 1985. He was the architect of a new concept – Public Interest Litigation (PIL) – for dispensing justice to the voiceless poor on whose behalf a third person could approach the Supreme Court or high courts.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.