AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) announced a target of Rs. 15 lakh crores for construction of Roads in India in the next 2 years.
Which are the points that are correctly related to India’s road infrastructure projects?
A) India’s National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) project is targeted to be completed by 2025
B) 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is allowed in the Road construction sector
C) For FY 2021-22, MoRTH set a target of constructing 40Km road per day
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-2) All A, B & C
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) set a target of road construction of worth INR 15 Lakh Crore in the next 2 years.
i.Under the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP), around 7, 300 projects worth INR 111 Lakh Crores are set to be implemented by 2025.
ii.The Government has also permitted 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the road sector.
iii.MoRTH is set to achieve its target of constructing highways of 40 Kms per day in FY 2021-22.
- In 2020, Online sales accounted for 19% of the overall global retail sales with _________ as the largest contributor as per the report released by ____________ in May 2021, t.
1) India; World Trade Organization
2) South Korea; World Trade Organization
3) USA; Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
4) India; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
5) South Korea; United Nations Conference on Trade and DevelopmentAnswer-5) South Korea; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) released the Report – ‘Estimates of Global e-commerce 2019 and preliminary assessment of covid-19 impact on online retail 2020’.
The report identified that Online Sales accounted for 19% (from 16% in 2019) of Overall Retail Sales in 2020. The increase in online sales has been due to the pandemic.
South Korea with 25.9% of Online purchase holds the highest share of retail trade in 2020.
- In May 2021, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting instituted a new award, __________ Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema.
1) Mrinal Sen
2) Satyajit Ray
3) Dadasaheb Phalke
4) K. Balachander
5) Rishi KapoorAnswer-2) Satyajit Ray
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has instituted the “Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema” during the centenary celebration of the Birth anniversary of Satyajit Ray at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2021.
- In May 2021, the International Olympic Committee appointed _________ from India & Michelle Li from __________ as the athlete ambassadors of its “Believe in Sports” Campaign.
1) Hima Das, Japan
2) P.V. Sindhu, China
3) Dutee Chand, Canada
4) Hima Das, China
5) P.V. Sindhu, CanadaAnswer-5) P.V. Sindhu, Canada
Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Champion and Olympic medal winner PV Sindhu and Michelle Li, a Canadian badminton player have been named the athlete ambassador for International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s “Believe in Sports” Campaign.
The Believe in Sports Campaign was launched by the IOC in 2018 to raise awareness about the threat of competition manipulation among the athletes, coaches and officials.
- Where was the new species of white-toothed shrew ‘Crocidura narcondamica’ discovered?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Andaman & Nicobar
5) KeralaAnswer- 4) Andaman & Nicobar
Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) Scientists have discovered a white-toothed shrew, a new species of insectivorous mammal from Narcondam Island (volcanic island) of the Andaman and Nicobar group of islands and named the species as Crocidura narcondamica
- ______________ won the 2021 World Snooker Championship that was held in _________.
1) Pankaj Advani, Germany
2) Pankaj Advani, England
3) Shaun Murphy, England
4) Mark Selby, Germany
5) Mark Selby, EnglandAnswer-5) Mark Selby, England
Mark Selby, an English professional Snooker Player won the 2021 World Snooker Championship by defeating Shaun Murphy. This is his 4th World Championship. The Championship was held in Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, England.
- Famous Indian ___________ singer, Farid Sabri, passed away in May 2021.
5) QawwaliAnswer-5) Qawwali
Qawwali singer Farid Sabri, of the Sabri Brothers duo, passed away at the age of 58 due to a severe case of pneumonia in Jaipur.
- What is the theme of 2021’s World Asthma Day which is annually observed across the globe on the 1st Tuesday of May?
1) You Can Control Your Asthma
2) Allergy and Asthma
3) Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions
4) STOP for Asthma
5) Enough Asthma DeathsAnswer-3) Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions
World Asthma Day is observed every year on the first Tuesday of May. This year it falls on May 4. The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) in collaboration with health care groups and asthma educators, to spread awareness and care around the world.
Theme for the year 2021: “Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions”.
- What does the acronym ‘ECI’ of RBI stand for?
1) External Commercial Service
2) Exchange Currencies & Securities
3) Electronic Credit Statistics
4) External Credit Service
5) Electronic Clearing SchemeAnswer-5) Electronic Clearing Scheme
Electronic Clearing Scheme or ECS was launched by the RBI for facilitating bulk transfer of funds from one bank account to another bank account.
- What is the acronym of NETRA, in the NETRA Software developed by DRDO?
1) Network Traffic Algorithm
2) National Trade Algorithm
3) Network Traffic Analysis
4) National Tariff Analysis
5) National Tariff AlgorithmAnswer-3) Network Traffic Analysis
NETRA (NEtwork TRaffic Analysis) is a software network developed by DRDO, for the use of Indian Intelligence Agencies for identifying possible threats through the Internet by continuously monitoring Internet traffic.