AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Indian Govt. has approved (in Feb’21) for the creation of 8 toy manufacturing clusters at a cost of Rs 2,300 crore. Which organisation(s) will be developing the toy clusters?
1) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
4) Only 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-4) Only 1 & 2
On February 22, 2021, the Central Government approved 8 toy manufacturing clusters at a cost of Rs 2,300 crore viz. three clusters in Madhya Pradesh, two in Rajasthan, and one each in Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. Planned under “National Action Plan for Indian Toy Story” that seeks to reduce import dependence of toys which was around $1.5 billion in FY2020 of which 90% of imports was from China and Taiwan. Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) will develop toy clusters.
- Where is India’s 1st Digital University located?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) New Delhi
On February 20, 2021, the state government of Kerala, on the line of its Digital Transformation Initiatives announced in Budget 2021, has launched India’s first Digital University, Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology (KUDSIT) in Technocity at Mangalapuram in Thiruvananthapuram by upgrading its two-decade old Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Kerala (IIITM-K), a center of excellence in information technologies.
- Union Minister Harsh Vardhan, launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 expanding the immunization coverage across the country in February 2021. When was Mission Indradhanush launched?
On February 23, 2021, Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) virtually launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0. The focus of the IMI 3.0 is to reach children and pregnant women with the 12 Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) under Universal Immunisation Programme (UIP) who have missed these vaccine doses during the COVID-19. Launched in 2014, Mission Indradhanush aims to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to children aged under 2 years and pregnant women.
- Recently (in Feb’21) Kotak Standard Multicap Fund has been renamed as Kotak Flexicap Fund, as Mulitcap funds are required to invest 65% of assets in equity and equity-related investments as per the guidelines of _____________.
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India
3) Association of Mutual Funds in India
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Answer-4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
On February 17, 2021 Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC) announced that Kotak Standard Multicap Fund is being renamed as Kotak Flexicap Fund. This is in line with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)’s Modification in Multi-Cap Mutual Funds Category, where multicap funds are required to invest at least 25% of their corpus in large, mid and small cap stocks each and 65% of assets in equity and equity-related investments.
- Which Bank was recently (in Feb’21) bought under RBI’s regulatory purview, making the bank comply with Banking Regulation Act 1949 and the Companies Act?
1) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
2) Jammu and Kashmir Bank
3) State Bank of Sikkim
4) China Merchants Bank
5) DBS Bank
Answer-3) State Bank of Sikkim
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has brought the State Bank of Sikkim under its regulatory purview. The bank only operates within Sikkim and is wholly-owned by the state government. The bank is also responsible to handle the treasury function of the State. With this regulatory purview, the ownership structure of the bank will not be changed and will be regulated by the RBI on a par with other banks. Previously, the Banking Regulation Act 1949 and the Companies Act do not extend to Sikkim or the residents of Sikkim and they are not subject to Income Tax.
- Who featured in RBI’s twitter campaign on awareness towards cyber frauds, as a part of ‘RBI Kehta Hai’: Jaankar Baniye, Satark Rahiye! campaign?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Kapil Sharma
5) Aamir Khan
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has roped in Punjabi Singer-Rapper Viruss to drive its public awareness campaigns on cyber frauds. On February 19, 2021 RBI in its official twitter handle, launched the campaign, featuring Viruss. This is part of its awareness campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’: Jaankar Baniye, Satark Rahiye! (RBI Says: Be knowledgeable, Be cautious) that was launched in 2016 and has been running in social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. The Campaign was launched by RBI in 14 languages.
- Recently (in Feb’21) PM Modi chaired the 6th meeting of NITI Aayog. Which among the following regarding NITI Aayog is NOT true?
1) CEO is appointed by PM
2) CM of States are members of the governing council
3) Does not have power to allocate funds
4) Focuses on Top Down planning approach
5) It’s the Think Tank of India
Answer-4) Focuses on Top Down planning approach
The Central Government has reconstituted the governing council of the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as its chairperson. The PM Narendra Modi virtually chaired the 6th meeting of NITI Aayog. Notably, this met saw the entry of Ladakh for the first time, along with participation of Jammu and Kashmir as a UT.
Key points of NITI Aayog:
CEO is appointed by Prime Minister
It replaced Planning Commission to act as the Think Tank of India
It follows Bottom Up Planning Approach
Does not have power to allocate funds
CM of States are members of the governing council
- Where is the 2nd Edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) – 2021 planned to be conducted?
1) Bangalore, Karnataka
2) Dispur, Assam
3) Leh, Ladakh
4) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
5) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Answer-1) Bangalore, Karnataka
Karnataka is set to host the 2nd Edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) in 2021. The games will be hosted in Jain University, Bengaluru and other venues in Karnataka in collaboration with Association of Indian Universities (AIU). KIUG is the largest University level sports competition in India. The KIUG 2021 will see the addition of 2 new native sports namely ‘Yogasana’ & ‘Mallakhamb’ in the medal events.
- When is the UN’s International Mother Language Day observed annually?
1) 18th February
2) 15th February
3) 21st February
4) 24th February
5) 25th February
Answer-3) 21st February
The United Nations(UN)’s International Mother Language Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st February to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism. The day recognizes the importance of the languages and multilingualism towards advance inclusion and Sustainable Development Goals(SDG). The UNESCO observed the 1st International Mother Language day on 21st February 2000. The theme of the 2021 International Mother Language Day is “Fostering multilingualism for inclusion in education and society”.
- Who won the 2021’s Australian Open Men’s Singles Trophy?
1) Daniil Medvedev
2) Novak Djokovic
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Dominic Thiem
5) Stefanos Tsitsipas
Answer-2) Novak Djokovic
The 109th Edition of Australian Open (53rd in Open Era) took place from February 8-21, 2021 at the Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Australia. Chronologically, it is the First Grand Slam event (out of 4) of each Year in both the Men’s & Women’s Tour. It takes place on a Hard Court. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) defeated Daniil Medvedev (Russia) to win the 2021 Australian Open Men’s Title (The Men’s Singles Trophy of Australian Open is also known as Norman Brookes Challenge Cup). It is Djokovic’s 9th Australian Open Title & overall 18th Grand Slam Title. Djokovic’s first Australian Open Title came in 2008.