AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 2 December 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- In which state/UT, ‘the 1st-ever Tribal Winter Festival’ was held on 30th November 2022?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Jammu and KashmirAnswer-5) Jammu and Kashmir
On 30th November 2022, Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora hosted the 1st-ever Tribal Winter Festival of Kashmir Valley which was held at Ketson village in the Aloosa area of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
• The festival aims to educate people about homestays, horseback riding, hotel management, etc.
i. District administration Bandipora, in collaboration with the Department of Tourism and Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India (GoI), organised a one-day Tribal Winter Festival.
ii. The 2 tribal communities performed the ‘gatka’, portraying the fighting spirit of the Gujjars amid all geographic, social and political odds.
- Which organization recently (November 22) published a report titled “Climate Investment Opportunities in India’s Cooling Sector,” with the key finding that over 160-200 million Indians could be exposed to lethal heat waves annually?
1) World Bank
2) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
3) United Nations Environment Programme
4) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
5) World Health OrganizationAnswer-1) World Bank
According to the World Bank (WB) Report titled “Climate Investment Opportunities in India’s Cooling Sector,” India is experiencing increasing temperatures every year, and by 2030, over 160-200 million people across the country could be subjected to severe heat waves every year.
i. Due to productivity declines brought on by heat stress, 34 million people in India would lose their jobs. Food loss due to heat during transportation currently costs close to USD 13 billion per year.
• There will be a need for a new air conditioner every 15 seconds by 2037 and hence the demand for cooling is projected to be 8 times more than it is in 2022.
• If temperatures in India continue to rise owing to climate change, keeping places cool with alternative and novel energy-efficient technology can create a USD 1.6 trillion investment opportunity by 2040.
• This would result in an expected increase of 435 % in yearly greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions over the following 20 years.
- Name the Bank that has recently (in Nov ‘22) authorized by RBI to undertake government business.
1) Yes Bank
2) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) Dhanlaxmi Bank
5) Kotak Mahindra BankAnswer-2) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) authorised Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMBL) to undertake government business on behalf of RBI.
• An agreement appointing TMBL as an ‘agency bank’ of RBI to undertake government agency business was signed by the bank and RBI in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
i. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) modified guidelines on digital lending that was issued in September 2022 to protect customers from exorbitant interest rates by certain entities and also check unethical loan recovery practices, effective from 1st December 2022.
- In November 2022, the SEBI reduced the timeline for the listing of debt securities issued through private placement to T+3 days from the current timeline of T+4 days, with effect from ___________.
1) 1st February 2023
2) 1st January 2023
3) 1st December 2022
4) 1st March 2023
5) 1st April 2023Answer-2) 1st January 2023
In an attempt to enhance the availability of securities for trading by investors, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reduced the timeline for the listing of debt securities issued through private placement to T+3 days from the current timeline of T+4 days. (T refers to issue closure date).
• The new guidelines will take effect on January 1, 2023.
i. To give further clarity and standardization in the process of issuing and listing such securities on a private placement basis, SEBI has specified the steps involved in pre-listing and post-listing, as well as relevant deadlines, both through the Electronic Book Provider (EBP) platform and otherwise.
- Name the payment bank that has recently (in Nov ‘22) partnered with Protean eGov Technologies to expand Permanent Account number (PAN) card issuance services in India.
1) Paytm Payment Bank
2) India Post Payment Bank
3) Fino Payments Bank
4) Airtel Payment Bank
5) NSDL Payment BankAnswer-3) Fino Payments Bank
Fino Payments Bank partnered with Protean eGov Technologies (formerly NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited) to expand Permanent Account number (PAN) card issuance services in India, especially in rural areas.
i. Protean eGov Technologies accepts and processes PAN applications on behalf of the Income tax department.
ii. Under the partnership, Fino payments bank will act as PAN Service Agency (PSA) of Protean and facilitate paperless PAN issuance services.
- As per the National Statistical Office (NSO) Data, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) decreased to ___________ for the Q2FY23 (July-September).
5) 8.4%Answer-4) 6.3%
The National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, (MoSPI) released the Estimates of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the Second Quarter (July-September) 2022-23 or Q2FY23.
i. As per it, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the Q2FY23 slowed to 6.3% as compared to the expansion of 8.4% in Q2FY22. It was 13.5% in the April-June quarter of FY23 (Q1FY23).
ii. However, the Indian economy is on track to achieve 8-7% GDP growth in FY23.
• The next release of quarterly GDP estimates for the quarter October-December, 2022 (Q3 FY23) will be on February 28, 2023.
- In which place, the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has recently (in Nov ‘22) commissioned a New Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk-III squadron, 840 Squadron?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Porbandar, Gujarat
5) Chandipur, OdishaAnswer-1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The Director General of Indian Coast Guard (ICG), VS Pathania, commissioned 840 Squadron (840 Sqn (CG)), an ICG Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk-III squadron, at ICG Air Station, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
i. The commissioning of 840 Sqn (CG) highlights the achievements towards self-reliance in the field of helicopter manufacturing, in line with “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” vision.
ii. ALH Mk-III helicopters are indigenously manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Which organisation/Institute has recently (in Nov ‘22) discovered a new species of head-shield sea slug, named ‘Melanochlamys bengalensis’, from the coast of the Bay of Bengal?
1) Zoological Survey of India
2) Wildlife Institute of India
3) Geological Survey of India
4) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
5) Kerala Forest Research InstituteAnswer-1) Zoological Survey of India
The scientists of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) have discovered a new species of head-shield sea slug, named Melanochlamys bengalensis, from the coast of the Bay of Bengal near Digha (West Bengal) and other locations such as Bakkhali, Tajpur, New Digha Udaipur in West Bengal and Talsari, Chandipur, and Kanika Islands in Odisha.
i. It is small, with lengths from 12 millimetres (mm) to 14mm, black in colour, has a shell inside its body, has no backbone (invertebrate), and normally crawls on the intertidal zone.
- What is the theme of UN’s World Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) Day 2022 that was observed across the globe on 1st December 2022?
1) Know your status
3) End Inequalities. End AIDS. End Pandemics
4) Global Solidarity
5) Communities make the differenceAnswer-2) Equalize
The United Nations (UN)’s World Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) Day 2022 was observed across the globe on 1st December 2022 with the theme of “Equalize”.
i. UNAIDS – United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS has been campaigning for World AIDS Day since its creation in 2004.
ii. Universal Symbol: The Red ribbon is the universal symbol of AIDS awareness and support for people living with HIV.
iii. The UNAIDS released its World AIDS Day Report 2022 – “Dangerous Inequalities”, an analysis by the UN ahead of World AIDS Day 2022 states that inequalities are obstructing the efforts to end AIDS.
- Which state has recently (in Nov ‘22) launched the “One District One Sport” (ODOS) to promote indigenous sports?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister (CM) of Uttar Pradesh(UP) launched the “One District One Sport” (ODOS) to promote indigenous sports in UP. The scheme aims to revive the indigenous sports that are losing their presence in the field.
i. The Department of Sports, Uttar Pradesh is set to prepare the blueprint of the scheme and identify popular sports for each district.
ii. The ODOS scheme was started in line with the One District one product(ODOP) scheme, which promoted local items of each of the 75 districts of UP.
- In which state/UT, ‘the 1st-ever Tribal Winter Festival’ was held on 30th November 2022?