AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which state government planned to launch ‘Roko-Toko’ campaign for those who do not wear masks?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Government of Madhya Pradesh has announced to launch a campaign ‘Roko -Toko’, which means stop and campaign for those who do not wear masks. It is to ensure that all wear masks as the usage of masks is made mandatory in all public places in the state. Under ‘Jeevan Shakti Yojana’ the selected organizations will be provided 100 masks on credit.
- The Smart City Mission (SCM) opened the registration for India Cycles4Change Challenge to promote cycling. The SCM functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat RajAnswer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Smart City Mission of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs opened the registration for India Cycles4Change Challenge launched by Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State Housing and Urban Affairs on 25th June 2020. During the event a brief description of the challenge was given and the online portal for application submission of the participating cities was launched.
- Which organization has presented India’s second Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the United Nations High-level Political Forum on sustainable development 2020?
1) Finance Commission (FC)
2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
4) National Development Council (NDC)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog presented India’s second Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the United Nations High-level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development, 2020, which is being held virtually from July 7, 2020 to July 16, 2020, under the aegis of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). The theme of HLPF is “Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”. The India’s 2nd VNR 2020 report titled ‘Decade of Action: Taking SDGs from Global to Local’.
- Which bank partnered with Visa to deploy visa secure to the bank’s cardholders.
1) Bandhan Bank
2) Federal Bank
3) Dhanlaxmi Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) Catholic Syrian BankAnswer-2) Federal Bank
Visa, enters into partnership with Federal Bank to deploy Visa Secure to the bank’s cardholders. Visa Secure will provide additional authentication layers for issuers and merchants to combat online frauds. In addition to this, the upgraded technology provides a quick and smooth checkout experience to consumers. This partnership will also enhance the focus of the bank on customer-centric digital solutions that make online shopping experiences seamless.Visa Secure is a global authentication program that uses the latest standards of the EMV (Europay, Mastercard, and Visa) 3DS (3D Secure) protocol.
- What will be India’s annual median Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth in FY 21 as per Economic Outlook Survey of FICCI?
1) (-) 4.5%
2) (-) 5%
3) (-) 3.5%
4) (-) 1.5%
5) (-) 5.5%Answer-1) (-) 4.5%
In accordance with the latest round of Economic Outlook Survey of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), India’s annual median Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for FY2020-21 has been declined to (-) 4.5% with a minimum and maximum growth estimate of (-) 6.4% and 1.5% respectively.As per the survey, there is a possibility of V-shaped recovery with government expenditure as in the current situation.
- Which country is the India’s top trading partner in 2019-20, according to the data of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry?
1) United Kingdom
3) United States
5) ChinaAnswer-3) United States
In accordance with the data of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the United States (US) remained India’s top trading partner for the second consecutive fiscal in 2019-20 as bilateral trade between the US and India stood at USD 88.75 billion as against USD 87.96 billion in 2018-19.
- Name the company which announced $10 Billion digitalization fund in India.
5) IBMAnswer-4) Google
Alphabet Inc. Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai announced an investment of $10 billion (Rs 75,000 crore) in India through the “Google for India Digitisation Fund” which will be utilized in another five to seven years to digitize the Indian Economy. The fund will be used to accelerate Google’s effort through a mix of Investments, partnerships, operations, infrastructure, and ecosystem investments.
- Which technological giant company set enter into partnership with CBSE to promote online education in India (July 2020)?
5) InfosysAnswer-2) Google
Google will partner with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and provide new initiatives to digitize classrooms. Google grants $1 million to the Kaivalya Education Foundation through Global Distance Learning Fund which is a part of google.org, aims to help teachers in delivering virtual education. Google to allow one million teachers in 22,000 schools in India by the end of 2020.
- Which organization has signed MoU with National Crime Records Bureau to access centralized online database that links around 14,000 police stations?
1) Import Exports Datasets (IED)
2) Aadhaar Metadata (AM)
3) National Portal of India (NPI)
4) National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID)
5) Open Government Data (OGD)Answer-4) National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID)
The National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) to access the centralized online Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) database for getting details of First Information Reports (FIRs) and stolen vehicles. The project aims to go live by December 31, 2020. CCTNS database is a platform that links around 14,000 police stations. All State police are mandated to file First Information Reports (FIR) in the CCTNS.
- BSE signed MoU with IIT Alumni Council to encourage startups listing recently. Who is the MD & CEO of BSE?
1) Ashishkumar Chauhan
2) Nayan Mehta
3) Neeraj Kulshrestha
4) Kersi Tavadia
5) Sameer PatilAnswer-1) Ashishkumar Chauhan
BSE(formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) informed that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IIT Alumni Council to encourage the listing of startups and develop a ‘High Investor Depth’ platform for those startups. The MD&CEO of BSE is Ashishkumar Chauhan.
- Andrzej Sebastin Duda has won the presidential election of which country?
5) IcelandAnswer-2) Poland
Andrzej Sebastin Duda of the Law and Justice (PiS) party won the Presidential Election of Poland with 51.2% of votes leaving behind Warsaw Mayor Rafał Trzaskowski (Almost 49%).
- Who has been named as recipient of the 2020 Von Karman Award by International Academy of Astronautics (IAA)?
1) Jayant Narlikar
2) A S Kiran Kumar
3) Kailasavadivoo Sivan
4) G. Madhavan Nair
5) Satheesh ReddyAnswer-3) Kailasavadivoo Sivan
The International Academy of Astronautics(IAA) has announced Dr. Kailasavadivoo Sivan, Chief of Indian Space Research Organization(ISRO) as the recipient of the 2020 Von Karman Award, the highest distinction of the IAA. The award will be presented to Dr. K. Sivan in March 2021 at Paris. He is the 3rd Indian to receive the award.
- Find the PSU which has won CII-ITC sustainability award 2019 under the category corporate excellence for Outstanding Accomplishment.
5) NTPCAnswer-5) NTPC
NTPC Limited(formerly- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) wins CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019 under the category Corporate Excellence for Outstanding Accomplishment. In addition to this, it has also received a Commendation for Significant Achievement in the category of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR).
- Which state’s Mukhyamantri (Chief Minister) Darpan portal & mobile app has received the Elites Excellence Awards 2020 presented by the Elites Technomedia?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-1) Chhattisgarh
The Chief Minister (Mukhyamantri) Darpan Portal and Mobile app, which contains the details of the schemes of the Government of Chhattisgarh like Suraji Gaon Yojana received the Elites Excellence Awards 2020 under the government category for the innovation for monitoring important schemes of the government by the IT institution Elites Technomedia under the Digital India Initiative.The portal and the mobile application for the Chief Minister (Mukhyamantri) Darpan was developed by the Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society(CHiPS).
- Who has bagged ‘Top Publicist’ honor in the Global Humanitarian Awards 2020?
1) Pankaj Kulshrestha
2) Gopal Krishnan
3) Sachin Awasthi
4) Manoj Sinha
5) Fatmir SejdiuAnswer-3) Sachin Awasthi
Sachin Awasthi, the president of National Media Club and Founder of Shri Ram Seva Mission was honored with the “Top Publicist” award in the Global Humanitarian Awards 2020 held as a webinar over a virtual platform in London.
- How much percentage of Jio platforms’ stake was bought by Qualcomm Ventures for Rs. 730 Crores?
5) 2.42%Answer-1) 0.15%
US-based Qualcomm Ventures, the investment arm of chipmaker Qualcomm Incorporated to invest upto Rs 730 crore in Reliance Industries Limited(RIL)’s Jio Platforms for 0.15% stake. With this investment Jio Platforms has raised a total of Rs 1,18,318.45 crore.
- What is the rebranded name of Google plus which was relaunched recently?
1) Google Currents
2) Google Tech
3) Google Power
4) Google Media
5) Google FlowsAnswer-1) Google Currents
Google, an Internet search giant has relaunched Google plus (shutdown on April 2019) as Google Currents, it helps to exchange documents and have meaningful discussion by enabling leaders and workers to exchange ideas across the organization and collect valuable feedback & input from other people.
- Who has won Styrian Grand Prix in Spielberg, Austria (July 2020)?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-2) Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes Driver won the Styrian Grand Prix(GP) in Spielberg, Austria with this win Hamilton has won at least one race of his 14-year career on the circuit.
- Padma Shri Awardee Nagindas Sanghvi who passed away in July 2020 is a renowned _____.
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Veteran Gujarati journalist, columnist, writer, political analyst and Padma Shri Awardee(2019) Nagindas Sanghvi passed away at 100 in Surat due to a brief illness. He was suffering from acute asthma. He was born on March 10, 1920 in Burma(Myanmar).Awards– ‘VyoshresthaSamman’ from Government of India in 2017.
- Jack Charlton who passed away recently is associated with which sport?
5) FootballAnswer-5) Football
Jack Charlton, nicknamed “Big Jack”, the former central defender and a part of England’s Football World Cup winning team, passed away at the age of 85 in his residence in Northumberland in northeast England. He was born in Northumberland colliery village of Ashington, London, United Kingdom on 8 May 1935.
- When was world Malala day celebrated annually?
1) July 11
2) July 12
3) July 10
4) July 14
5) July 16Answer-2) July 12
The United Nations(UN) designated 12th July of every year as Malala Day, to commemorate the birthday of Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist and the youngest recipient of the Nobel prize for peace. In 2013 first “Malala Day: An Education for All Children” was celebrated. HarperCollins India, documents a book about the challenges faced by 25 brave girls for their right to education.
- Name the start-up company which developed “ATL App Development Module”, a free online course for school students and teachers along with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission.
5) Devaditek InnovationsAnswer-4) Plezmo
As a part of Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) initiative of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has launched pan India “ATL App Development Module”, a free online course for school students and teachers on the lines of the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s vision of AtmaNirbhar Bharat. Developed by NITI Aayog’s AIM and Indian startup, Plezmo, this course will comprise six project-based learning modules and online mentoring sessions.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the youngest recipient of Noble prize?
1) Malala Yousafzai
2) Nadia Murad
3) Kailash Satyarthi
4) Barack Obama
5) Kim Dae-jungAnswer-1) Malala Yousafzai
Education activist Malala Yousafzai, who won the Peace prize in 2014, is the youngest-ever across categories. She was just 17 when she won.
- What is the capital and currency of Poland?
1) Berlin & Euro
2) Kyiv & Hryvnia
3) Warsaw & Zloty
4) Bratislava& Euro
5) Prague & KorunaAnswer-3) Warsaw & Zloty
The capital and currency of Poland are Warsaw and Polish Zloty respectively.
- Where is the HQ of International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) located?
2) New Delhi
4) Washington DC
5) GenevaAnswer-3) Paris
The HQ of International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) located at Paris, France.
- What is the constituency of Union minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal?
1) Gujarat (RS)
2) Maharashtra (RS)
3) Himachal Pradesh (RS)
4) Karnataka (RS)
5) New Delhi (RS)Answer-2) Maharashtra (RS)
The Union minister of Commerce and Industry& Railways,Piyush Goyal is the Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra.
- Pench national park is located in which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
The Pench national park is located in Madhya Pradesh.
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport is located in which country?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-5) Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has claimed that India on his government’s request has decided not to seek a joint venture with it to run the Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in the country. The USD 210 million facility, 241km south-east of Colombo, is dubbed the “world’s emptiest airport” due to a lack of flights.