We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 2 September 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Indian Navy Signed Contract with BEL for India’s 1st Indigenously Developed NADSThe Indian Navy has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the manufacture and supply of India’s 1st indigenously developed Naval Anti Drone System (NADS) with both ‘hard kill’ and ‘soft kill capabilities.
- The NADS has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by BEL.
- Different units of BEL, DRDO Labs along with the Indian Navy were involved in the making of NADS, as a part of the Atmanirbar Bharat to counter drone threats of adversaries.
- NADS uses the Radar, Electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensors, DRDO’s Radio Frequency (RF) /Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) detectors to detect and jam the micro drones.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
It is a Navratna PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) under the Ministry of Defence.
Establishment – 1954
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
Additional Charge, CMD & Director – Anandi Ramalingam
>>Read Full News
India virtually hosted 8th meeting of Agriculture Experts of BIMSTEC countries 2021On August 31, 2021, India virtually hosted the 8th Meeting of Agriculture Experts of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Countries 2021 Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The meeting was chaired by Dr Trilochan Mohapatra, Director General (DG) of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Secretary (Department of Agricultural Research-DARE).
- It was co-chaired by Thanda Kyi, Deputy Director General, Department of Planning, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation, Myanmar.
i.The discussions were held on the transformations that are happening in the agriculture and food systems globally.
- The cooperation in the areas of high impact transboundary diseases of livestock and poultry; aquatic animal diseases and biosecurity in aquaculture and digitalization to promote precision farming was also discussed in the meeting.
ii.Agricultural Experts from member countries favoured the strengthening of cooperation in the in agriculture and allied sectors for food and nutritional security.
iii.It should be noted that India offers six slots of scholarships each for Master and PhD programmes in agriculture and its other initiatives for capacity development and training.
iv.The UN (United Nations) Food System Summit 2021 was also highlighted during the meeting which will be held virtually during the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in New York, United States (US) on September 23, 2021.
The senior officials of DARE and ICAR Headquarters, and representatives of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) along with experts of Agricultural Ministries from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand participated in the meeting.
BIMSTEC is a link between South and South-East Asia on 14 priority areas with 5 countries from South Asia viz. Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka and 2 countries from South-East Asia viz. Myanmar and Thailand.
Hardeep Singh Puri Chairs 40th Meeting of National Capital Region Planning Board and Launch of Pariman Geo-PortalHardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs and Petroleum and Natural Gas chaired the 40th meeting of the National Capital Region Planning Board(NCRPB) through video conferencing
- Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Combined Reciprocal Common Transport Agreement (CRCTA) for the carriage facilities among the governments of Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. It will boost the seamless movement of passenger vehicles in the NCR.
- Facility of Single point of taxation for all motor cabs, taxis, autos, buses, etc. This move will help in decongesting the traffic.
- The Draft Regional Plan-2041 (DRP- 2041) was discussed, which aims to enhance the inter state connectivity, trade and services and transportation.
- Online geo portal- “Pariman” based on remote sensing and GIS technology developed by NIC for NCR( National Capital Region) Planning Board was launched
About NCR (National Capital Region)
NCR is the metropolitan region that covers the entire Delhi territories and many adjacent districts from the surrounding states of UP, Rajasthan & Haryana.
Under- National Capital Region Planning Board Act, 1985
>>Read Full News
Dubai gets Ain Dubai, World’s largest & Tallest Observation Wheel
The World’s largest and tallest observation wheel named ‘Ain Dubai’ is set to be opened in Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE) on 21st October 2021. The ain Dubai is located at Bluewaters Island.
Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Starneth Engineering were the primary design and construction contractors of Ain Dubai.
The Ain Dubai is around 2 times taller than the London Eye, which will take the visitors to a hight of 250 meters.
BANKING & FINANCE
PayNearby launched first-of-its-kind ‘NeoDukaan’ in partnership with RASCIPayNearby has partnered with Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI) to launch ‘PayNearbyNeoDukaan’, first-of-its-kind holistic store management tool, for the digital empowerment of its retail partners and retail stores.
- It will provide multiple digital payment options like digital ledger for credit management, online wholesale procurement options, among others.
i.Retailing is India’s largest industry, accounting for over 10% India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and 8% of employment.
ii.PayNearby has digitally enabled more than 38 lakh plus retailers across 17,600 plus PIN (Postal Index Number) codes.
- Its target is to digitally upgrade 100 million retailers by 2025.
About PayNearby Technologies Pvt. Ltd (PayNearby):
It is a Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Certified Fintech Company registered under The Startup India program of the Government of India
Establishment– April 2016
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Anand Kumar Bajaj
About Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI):
It functions as the Apex Skill Development Council for the Retail Industry.
Chairman– Avijit Mitra
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
BharatPe Partners with Axis Bank for its POS BusinessBharatPe, the fintech company for merchants, and Axis Bank, the 3rd largest private sector bank in India, entered into a strategic partnership.
- Under the partnership, Axis Bank will act as the acquiring bank for BharatPe’s point of sale (PoS) business ‘BharatSwipe’ and provide acceptance of debit and credit cards for merchants associated with BharatPe.
- With an installed base of over 652,026 PoS terminals across India, Axis Bank is the 3rd largest PoS acquiring bank in the payments acceptance business in India. It currently processes about Rs 19,000 crore of payments per month.
- BharatSwipe: It was launched by BharatPe in 2020 as India’s 1st zero rental and zero Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) POS machine.
Headquarters – New Delhi
CEO, Co-Founder – Ashneer Grover
>>Read Full News
EXIM Bank provides USD100mn loan to Africa Finance Corp for Infra Developmenti.For the revival of COVID-19 impacts Africa’s economies, the Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has extended a line of credit of USD 100 million (Rs 730 crore) on behalf of the Indian government to the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC).
ii.This credit line will be utilized to develop infrastructure in the continent and boost economic betterment.
iii.Its tenure will be 10 years.
About Export-Import Bank of India:
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
NSO: India’s GDP in Q1 FY22 Grow by 20.1%; Fiscal Deficit in April-July 2021 Reached 21.3% of BEAs per the data of the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the first quarter of the financial year 2021-22 (Q1 FY22) (i.e. April to June 2021) grew by 20.1 percent as compared to a contraction of 24.4 (-24.4) percent in Q1 FY21.
- GDP at Constant Prices (2011-12): It is estimated at Rs 32.38 lakh crore in Q1 FY22, as against Rs 26.95 lakh crore in Q1 FY21 (a growth of 20.1 percent).
- Gross Value Added (GVA) at Constant Prices: It is estimated at Rs 30.48 lakh crore in Q1 FY22, as against Rs 25.66 lakh crore in Q1 of FY21 (a growth of 18.8 percent).
Fiscal Deficit in April-July 2021 Reached 21.3% of BE
As per data released by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), India’s fiscal deficit during April – July 2021 (i.e. the 1st 4 months of FY22) stood at Rs 3.21 lakh crore or 21.3 percent of the budget estimate (BE) at the end of July 2021.
- The fiscal deficit for FY22 was estimated by the center at Rs 15.07 lakh crore.
About Controller General of Accounts (CGA):
i.CGA, in the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, is the Principal Accounting Adviser to the Government of India.
ii.The Annual Appropriation Accounts (Civil) and Union Finance Accounts are submitted by CGA to Parliament under Article 150 of the Constitution.
iii.Current CGA – Deepak Das (25th CGA, from August 1, 2021)
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Bangladeshi Vaccine Scientist Firdausi Qadri and 4 Others Awarded for Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021
Bangladeshi scientist Firdausi Qadri, who developed a cheap oral vaccine against cholera won the Ramon Magsaysay award 2021 which is also called Asia’s Nobel Prize. Along with her, the other recipients received the award for the year 2021.
2021 other awardees are:
- Muhammad Amjad Saqib (Pakistan) – for helping people through social entrepreneurship.
- Steven Muncy (Southeast Asia) – for extending humanitarian and peace-building efforts across borders.
- Filipino fisher and community environmentalist Roberto Ballon from philippines.
- Watchdoc Indonesia (Indonesia) – for emergent leadership and for using journalism and filmmaking to give voice to the people.
About Firdausi Qadri
i.Dr. Qadri is 70 years old senior scientist and working on projects for creating affordable vaccines to combat cholera and typhoid at the Mucosal Immunology and Vaccinology Unit at the International Centre for Diarrheal Disease Research in Dhaka,Bangladesh.
ii.She is also working to enhance efforts of mass vaccination in Rohingya refugee camps.
iii.She played a key role in providing affordable Oral Cholera Vaccine (OCV) and Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (ViTCV) in the region.
iv.She was awarded the L’oreal-UNESCO Award 2020 for outstanding work in science to prevent infectious diseases among children.
About Muhammad Amjad Saqib
Saqib is 64 years old, Pakistani activist who has developed the first interest free Microfinance Program- Akhuwat. It uses a place of worship to provide zero-interest loans.
Ramon Magsaysay Award–
Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award established to perpetuate former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay of his integrity in governance, courageous service to the people, and pragmatic idealism within a democratic society.
Established – April 1957
Location – Manila, Philippines
NTPC-Ramagundam won the CII Energy Leader Award-2021The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Ramagundam (Telangana) won the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Energy Leader Award-2021 at the 22nd National Award Ceremony for Excellence in Energy Management 2021 hosted by the CII.
- The awards were presented during the virtual CII energy summit held between 25th to 27th August 2021.
- This is the 3rd consecutive year for NTPC Ramagundam unit to win this top award in power category. It is also the only station of NTPC to win this award.
- NTPC-Ramagundam received the prestigious award for its exemplary performance and contribution in the area of energy efficiency and environment protection and implementation of energy management system as per ISO 50001 standards.
Nabha Power, Subsidiary of L&T won 2 CII Awards:
i.Nabha Power, a wholly owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won 2 awards at the 22nd National Award Ceremony for Excellence in Energy Management.
ii.Nabha Power was adjudged as the National Energy Leader 2021 for its performance for the 3rd consecutive year in energy management and Excellent Energy Efficiency Unit Award for outstanding achievements in Energy Efficiency.
iii.Nabha Power supplies power to Punjab at one of the lowest variable cost of Rs.2.93 per unit among Integrated Power Producers (IPPs) in Punjab.
About CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management:
i.CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2021 is the 22nd edition of the awards which recognises all types of industrial sectors in India.
ii.The award recognises and award excellence in energy management among the industrial sector and to enable the sharing of information on best practices and technologies.
iii.The criteria for different awards are,
- Excellent energy efficient unit
- Energy Efficient unit
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Alar Karis Elected as the President of EstoniaAlar Karis, Director of the Estonian National Museum has been elected as the 5th President of Estonia. He will be succeeding Kersti Kaljulaid, the first female president of Estonia. He will assume office on 11th October 2021.
- He won the second voting by securing 72 out of the 101 votes of the Parliament.
- He was the only presidential candidate in both rounds.
About Alar Karis:
i.Alar Karis hails from Tartu, the 2nd largest city of Estonia.
ii.He is a molecular geneticist and developmental biologist who has served as a professor and then headed the University of Tartu between 2007-2012.
iii.He has served as the Auditor General of Estonia in 2013 to 2018.
Parliament of Estonia:
i.The unicameral parliament of Estonia is known as ‘Riigikogu’.
ii.101 members of Parliament are elected at general elections for a term of 4 years.
President of Estonia:
i.The role of the President of Estonia is ceremonial while the Prime Minister has the major power.
ii.The President has the authority to veto laws, appoint government ministers and serve as the supreme commander of the Armed forces of Estonia.
Prime Minister– Kaja Kallas
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI Approves the Acquisition of TVS Supply Chain Solutions Pvt Ltd by T.S. Rajam Rubbers & Dhinrama Mobility SolutionThe Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of certain shareholding in TVS Supply Chain Solutions Private Limited by T.S. Rajam Rubbers Private Limited and Dhinrama Mobility Solution Private Limited under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- This transaction will be carried out through a secondary purchase from CDPQ Private Equity Asia Private Limited(CDPQ), an existing shareholder.
i.T.S. Rajam Rubbers Private Limited and Dhinrama Mobility Solution Private Limited are the wholly owned subsidiaries of TVS Mobility Private Limited, owned and controlled by Shri TS Rajam Family.
ii.The members of the RS Rajam Family are the promoters of TVS Supply Chain Solutions Private Limited.
South African Cricketer Dale Steyn Retires from All forms of Cricket
South African Cricketer & Right-arm fast bowler, Dale Willem Steyn has announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket (ODIs, T20Is) at the age of 38. He had retired from Test cricket in 2019.
- The Right arm bowler has played 93 Tests, picking 439 wickets at an average of 22.95. Steyn ranks 8th in the all-time list of Wicket-takers in Test cricket.
- In One Day Internationals (ODIs), he has played 125 ODIs, picking 196 wickets & 47 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) by taking 64 wickets.
- Steyn has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) & Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League (IPL)
- He was born in June 1983 in Phalaborwa, South Africa.
i.He was named one of the Wisden Cricketers of the year in 2013 & Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World for 2013.
ii.He was featured in Wisden Cricketers of the Decade in 2019.
iii.Steyn was included in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Team of the Decade at the end of 2020.
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Princepal Singh Becomes 1st Indian to be a Part of NBA Championship Roster
Princepal Singh Bajwa from Punjab became the first Indian to be part of an NBA title winning team (at any level of the NBA) when his team Sacramento Kings won the 2021 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in United States against the Boston Celtics.
- He signed a professional contract with NBA G League Ignite and became the 1st NBA Academy global alumni to sign a G League Contract and 1st ever NBA Academy India alumni to sign a professional contract.
- The win made the Sacramento Kings the only franchise to win multiple summer league titles.
Eminent Bengali Author Buddhadeb Guha Passed Away Eminent Bengali Author Buddhadeb Guha, a professional chartered accountant and a noted classical singer and a proficient illustrator has passed away at the age of 85 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was born on 29th June 1936 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
His wife Ritu Guha, an eminent Rabindra Sangeet exponent passed away in 2001.
About Buddhadeb Guha:
i.Buddhadeb Guha is well known for his novel ‘Madhukari’ which is considered as one of the milestones in Bengali literature.
ii.He is well known as the creator of the fictional characters in Bengali literature – Rijuda, a hunter turned conservationist and Ribhu.
iii.He has been honoured with various awards including the Ananda Purashkar in 1976, Shiroman Purashkar and Sharat Puraskar.
iv.The award-winning Film(Bengali) ‘Dictionary’ was based on his novels ‘Baba Howa’ and ‘Swami Howa’.
v.His other notable books include Koeler Kachhe; Sobinoy Nibedon; Jangalmahal; Charibeti, etc.
National Nutrition Week 2021 – 1st to 7th SeptemberNational Nutrition Week(NNW) has been annually observed across India in the first week of September since 1982. The day aims to create awareness about the benefits of eating a nutritious diet and the importance of nutrition in maintaining better health, which impacts national development.
- The National Nutrition Week(NNW) 2021 is observed from 1st to 7th September 2021.
- The theme of National Nutrition Week(NNW) 2021 is ‘feeding smart right from start’.
Background:i.The National Nutrition Week (NNW) was initiated in 1982 as a Mass Awareness Campaign by the Food and Nutrition Board under the Ministry of Women and Child Development(MWCD), Government of India.
ii.The first NNW was observed from 1st to 7th September 1982.
About Ministry of Women and Child Development(MWCD):
Union Minister– Smriti Zubin Irani(Constituency- Amethi, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai (Constituency- Surendranagar, Gujarat)
>>Read Full News
First-ever International Day for People of African Descent – 31st August 2021The United Nations(UN)’s first-ever International Day for the people of African Descent was observed across the globe on 31st August 2021. The day aims to promote the contributions of the African diaspora across the globe and to eliminate all forms of discrimination against the descents of Africans.
The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/75/170 on 16th December 2020 and proclaimed the 31st August of every year as the International Day for People of African Descent.
Costa Rica led the efforts to establish the International Day for People of African Descent.
Other Related observances:
International Decade for People of African Descent: 2015 to 2024:
The UNGA adopted the resolution A/RES/68/237 on 23rd December 2013 and proclaimed the decade 2015 to 2024 as the International Decade for People of African Descent.
International Year for People of African Descent – 2011:
The UNGA adopted the resolution A/RES/64/169 on 18 December 2009 and proclaimed the year 2011 as the International Year for People of African Descent.
>>Read Full News
Meghalaya Govt Signed an MoU to Ease Financial Services in Rural AreasThe Finance Department of Meghalaya and Meghalaya Rural Bank(MRB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to provide support to 600 Business Correspondents (BCs) in the state.
- It was signed between Dr D. Vijay Kumar, Commissioner and Secretary, who represented the Finance Department of the state and Tshering Deki, Chairperson of Meghalaya Rural Bank, Naingkhangvung Guite, General Manager of OIC NABARD.
- It will help to resolve the problem of access to finance in the rural remote areas. The support will be provided by the Business Correspondent Agents (BCA) of Meghalaya State Rural Livelihoods Society (MSRLS), Integrated Village Cooperative Societies (IVCS), Common Service Centre(CSC).
- The state government will deploy around 600 BCs in different MRBs across the state.
- The micro ATMs facility will also be provided. It will help in dispensing cash and making cash payments at the door of the customer, focusing on Unbanked Village Employment Councils(VEC).
i.It will boost the financial inclusion and digitization as BCs will be responsible for opensong bank accounts and promoting banking services in the rural areas.
ii.It will make it easy for withdrawal and deposition of savings and making payment of MGNREGA works , old age pensioners, PM KISAN beneficiaries etc.
Zoological park- Lady Hydari park, Nehru park Cum Mini Zoo
Airport- Shillong Airport, Baljek Airport
Festivals- Shad Suk Mynsiem, Nongkrem, Behdeinkhlam festival
Rajasthan Govt nominates Shooter Avani Lakhera as Brand Ambassador for ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ ProjectThe government of Rajasthan nominated Gold Medalist of Tokyo Paralympics, shooter Avani Lakhera as the brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ project under the Department of Woman and Child Development.
- Avani Lakhera is 19 years old and belongs to Jaipur, Rajasthan.She survived from spinal cord injury.
- She became the first Indian woman to secure gold medal in 10m Rifle (Class SH-1)at games and also made a world record equalling total of 249.6 points which is a new paralympic record.
- She along with Devendra Jhajharia and Sundar Gurjar, who won medals in Tokyo Paralympic Games, have been appointed by the State Government as Assistant Conservator of Forests in the Forest Department on out-of-turn basis.
About Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
Aim-To promote gender equality and the significance of educating girls.
Ministries involved- Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Education.
Launched– January 2015
Goa becomes 1st Indian state to give Free Water upto 16k lts to PeopleOn August 31, 2021, the Chief Minister (CM) of Goa Pramod Sawant has launched ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme under which state households will not be charged for water consumption up to 16,000 litres. With this move, Goa becomes the first Indian state to supply water free of cost to its citizens w.e.f. September 1, 2021.
i.With this scheme, 60% of the households will get zero bills. Those living in flats or complexes will be able to utilise the scheme as water consumption of one meter will be divided among the total number of flats in the complex.
ii.Small businesses and restaurants will be billed as per commercial rates instead of industrial rates in order to take them under the benefits of the scheme.
iii.The state government also extended the one-time settlement scheme (OTS) for water bill defaulters by two months.
Governor– P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, and Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary
Zoological Park– Bondla Zoological Park
Ladakh Declared Snow leopard, Black-necked crane as its State Animal and BirdThe government of Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh has declared ‘Snow leopard’ (Panthera uncia) as its state animal and ‘Black-necked crane’ (Grus nigricollis) as its state bird.
- Earlier (prior to the administrative division) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) had the black-necked crane and Kashmir stag (Hangul) as its state bird and animal.
- Black-necked crane: Eastern Ladakh is the only known breeding ground in India for Black-necked cranes outside China. It is listed in Schedule I of the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972 and as Near-threatened on the IUCN Red List.
- Snow leopard: It is found native to the mountain ranges of Central and South Asia. It is listed in Schedule I of the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972 and as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List.
Governor – Radha Krishna Mathur
Airport – Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
Heritage Site – Tso Kar Wetland Complex, Tsomoriri
>>Read Full News
Mizoram Govt Launched Online Payment System in Transport DeptTransport Minister of Mizoram, Pu TJ Lalnuntluanga has launched an online payment system in the Transport department of the state.
- The payment system was developed by the State Transport Department in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and State Bank of India (SBI) to make a shift from physical to digital mode payment.
- Background: On June 5, 2021, the Transport Department of the Government of Mizoram signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the SBI and NIC to develop the online payment system.
Two Components of Online Payment System:
i.The system was divided into 2 components viz, Vahan and Sarathi.
ii.Vahan: It deals with new vehicle registration, permits renewal, issue of a duplicate permit, tax payment, issue of special permit, fitness renewal fee, ownership transfer fee, issue of No Objection Certificate (NOC), registration renewal, duplicate registration certificate.
iii.Sarathi: It is a platform for submission of applications such as learner licence, driving licence, conductor licence, licence renewal, change of name, address and photos, duplicate driving licence, etc.
Governor – Hari Babu Kambhampati
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Khawnglung Wildlife Sanctuary, Tawi Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve – Dampa Tiger Reserve
Delhi Tops Forbes India’s List of World’s Most Surveilled Cities
Delhi tops the the Forbers India Report on the Most Surveilld Cities in the World with 1,826.6 CCTV cameras per square(sq) mile. Delhi is followed by London with 1,138 and Chennai with 609.9 CCTV Cameras per sq miles in 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.
Mumbai, Maharashtra has secured 18th spot with 157.4 cameras per sq miles.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 2 September 2021|
|1||Indian Navy Signed Contract with BEL for India’s 1st Indigenously Developed NADS|
|2||India virtually hosted 8th meeting of Agriculture Experts of BIMSTEC countries 2021|
|3||Shri Puri launches Combined Reciprocal Common Transport Agreement signed by all NCR States for seamless movement of passenger vehicles|
|4||Dubai gets Ain Dubai, World’s largest & Tallest Observation Wheel|
|5||PayNearby launched first-of-its-kind ‘NeoDukaan’ in partnership with RASCI|
|6||BharatPe Partners with Axis Bank for its POS Business|
|7||EXIM Bank provides USD100mn loan to Africa Finance Corp for Infra Development|
|8||NSO: India’s GDP in Q1 FY22 Grow by 20.1%; Fiscal Deficit in April-July 2021 Reached 21.3% of BE|
|9||Bangladeshi Vaccine Scientist Firdausi Qadri and 4 Others Awarded for Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021|
|10||NTPC bags CII Energy Leader Award|
|11||Alar Karis Elected as the President of Estonia|
|12||CCI Approves the Acquisition of TVS Supply Chain Solutions Pvt Ltd by T.S. Rajam Rubbers & Dhinrama Mobility Solution|
|13||Dale Steyn announces retirement from all forms of cricket|
|14||Princepal Singh becomes first Indian to be part of NBA championship roster|
|15||Eminent Bengali Author Buddhadeb Guha Passed Away|
|16||National Nutrition Week 2021 – 1st to 7th September|
|17||First-ever International Day for People of African Descent – 31st August 2021|
|18||Meghalaya Govt Signed an MoU to Ease Financial Services in Rural Areas|
|19||Rajasthan Govt nominates Shooter Avani Lakhera as Brand Ambassador for ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ Project|
|20||Goa becomes 1st Indian state to give Free Water upto 16k lts to People|
|21||Ladakh Declared Snow leopard, Black-necked crane as its State Animal and Bird|
|22||Mizoram govt launches online payment system in Transport Dept|
|23||Delhi Tops Forbes India’s List of World’s Most Surveilled Cities|