New Delhi World Book Fair 2018 began on January 6, 2018 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Highlights of 45th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair:
This fair is being jointly organised by the National Book Trust (NBT) and India Trade Promotion Organisation(ITPO). It is spread over 30000 sq m space and has more than 1500 stalls.
- ‘Environment and Climate Change’ is the main theme of New Delhi World Book Fair 2018. The theme pavilion (made from environmental-friendly material like bamboo, cane and jute) highlights various environment-related issues like global warming, climate change, water pollution and other relevant matters.
- European Union (EU) is the Guest of Honour for this edition of New Delhi World Book Fair. Being the Guest of Honour, EU member states will exhibit select publications in English and other European languages. Besides, EU member states will also organise panel discussions, workshops, talks, children’s activities, special photo exhibits, screening of short films as well as cultural and musical performances during the course of this book fair.
- Nearly 40 countries including Canada, Belgium, China, Egypt, Denmark, France, Germany, United Kingdom and Pakistan are participating in this book fair
- 800 publishers from across India are participating in this book fair.
- The fair will also have an author’s corner featuring prominent literary faces like Rakshanda Jalil, Ruskin Bond, Seema Mustafa, Jerry Pinto, Paro Anand, Michael Creighton, Bulbul Sharma, Prerna Bindra, Gillian Wright and many others.
- New Delhi Book Fair 2018 will end on January 14, 2018.
Quick Facts about New Delhi World Book Fair:
- New Delhi World Book Fair is an annual event (previously biennial) held since 1972.
- The first edition was inaugurated by V. V. Giri, the then President of India.
- Until 2012, it was organised by National Book Trust (NBT). Since 2013 it is being jointly organised by NBT and ITPO.