Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Mensuration that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- The area of a rectangular field is 3375 m2 and its length and breadth are in the ratio 5:3. Find the breadth ?
5x × 3x = 3375
15x2 = 3375
x2 = 3375/15 = 225
x = 15
3x = 3*15 = 45
- The perimeter of a square is twice the perimeter of a rectangle. If the perimeter of a square is 48cms and the length of the rectangle is 7cm. Find the breadth of the rectangle?
P of Square = 4a = 48
A = 48/4 = 12cm
P of rectangle = 48/2 = 24cm =2(l+b)
2(7+b) = 24
B = 12-7 = 5
- The area of a square is 7sqm less than half of the area of a rectangle. The length of the rectangle is 14m and breadth is 6m less than its length. What is the perimeter of the square ?
L = 14, b = 8
L*b = 14*8 = 112
Area of square = (112/2) – 7 = 56-7 = 49
A = 7
Perimeter = 4a = 4*7 = 28cm
- A cow is tethered to a peg with 7m long rope at the corner of a 35m long and 20m wide rectangular grass field, What area of the field will the cow graze ?
D) 40m2A) 38.47m2
Explanation :A = ¼(3.14r2) = (3.14*7*7)/4 = 38.47m2
- Inside a square plot a circular garden is developed which exactly fits in the square plot and the diameter of the garden is equal to the side of the square plot which is 14m. What is the area of space left out in the square plot after developing the garden ?
area of space left = 14*14 – (3.14*7*7)
= 196 – 153.86
= 42.14 = 42m2
- The length of a rectangular floor is twice its breadth. If Rs.624 is required to paint the floor at the rate of Rs.8 psm. What is the breadth of the floor ?
Area = 624/8 = 78 m2
2x × x = 78
x2 =78/2 = 39
- 5m radius and 12m height solid metallic cylinder is melted and recast into small spherical balls of radius 5m. Find the no of cubes that can be made ?
Volume of cylinder = volume of cube
(3.14*5*5*12) = N(4/3*3.14*5*5*5)
N = (12*3)/(4*5) = 1.8 = 2
- 2 cubes have their volume in the ratio 1:8, find the ratio of their surface area ?
a3 :b3 = 1:8
a:b = 1:2
Surface area = 6a2 : 6b2 = 1:4
- A square field has an area of 7396 sq m,find the cost of fencing around it at Rs.22 per meter ?
a2 = 7396
a = 86
length of wire = 4*86 = 344
cost = 344*22 = Rs.7568
- How many marbles of 10cm length and 7cm width are required to pave the floor of room 7m length and 4m breadth ?
Area of floor = 700*400 = 280000
Area of marble = 10*7 = 70
N = 280000/70 = 4000