Manohar Parrikar the Union Minister for Defense presented Rakshamantri Award for excellence for year 2012-13 and 2013-14 in New Delhi. The awards were presented for three categories
- Institutional Award
- Best Performing Division /Factory/ Shipyard Awards and
- Group and Individual Award
These awards are presented in gratitude of excellent performance amongst Ordnance Factories and the nine Defense Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
Awards given are as follow
For year 2012-13
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) won the award for Excellence performance, Innovation and Indigenization.
- Award for Best performance in Exports was given to BEML
- For Best performing Shipyard award was given to GRSE
- Best performing Factory of OFB was given to Ordnance Factory, Kanpur
- Best Performing Division of DPSUs was given to BEL,(S&CS) Bengaluru
- Award for Systems of IACCS Networks was given to BEL, Ghaziabad
- Award for Indigenization of Special Tools Test Equipments & fixtures for Milan-2T warhead to Milan Group, BDL Hyderabad
For year 2013-14
- Award for Excellence in performance to BEL
- Award for Best performance in Exports to BEL
- Best Performing Division of DPSUs to HAL, Avionics Division Hyderabad
- Best performing Factory of OFB to Ordnance Equipment Factory Kanpur
- Best performing Shipyard to GRSE Kolkata
- Award for EOFCS – U1 for Control of Medium Calibre 76 mm Gun Mount and High Rate of Fire AK 630 Gun Mount to D&E, FCS/SBU-NS (Radar & FCS) Group – BEL Bengaluru.