Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for the IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System). We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- An Integer variable that is used to manage concurrent processes is called…..
(D) None of the above(B) Semaphore
- Dijkstra’s banking algorithm for resource allocation is used for
(A) Deadlock detection
(B) Deadlock prevention
(C) Deadlock avoidance
(D) Deadlock recovery(C) Deadlock avoidance
- In UNIX, cached disk blocks are managed by the Kernel and referred to as…..
(B) Disk Cache
(C) Buffer Cache
(D) None of the above(C) Buffer Cache
- …… is the smallest unit for processing that consists of a program counter, a stack & a set of registers.
(D) None of the above(B) Thread
- Which of the following services is not supported by the OS?
(A) I/O Operation
(D) None of the above(C) Compilation
- Which of the following is used to remove deadlock?
(B) Mutual Exclusion
(C) Circular Wait
(D) None of the above(A) Preemption
- First Come First Serve (FCFS) Scheduling is…….
(A) used to reduce waiting time
(B) easy to understand and implement
(C) impossible to implement
(D) None of the Above(B) easy to understand and implement
- ……… is a system call of OS that is used to create a new process?
(D) Thread(C) Fork
- Which of the following is an example of Cooperative Multi-Tasking OS?
(A) Lynx OS
(B) Mac OS
(C) MS DOS
(D) None of the above(B) Mac OS
- The performance of Round Robin(RR) scheduling depends on……
(D) None of the above(A) quantum