PepsiCo Chairman Indra Nooyi and Hindustan Times Group chairperson Shobhana Bhartia have been presented with the 2015 Global Leadership Award of the US India Business Council (USIBC), for their commitment to driving a more inclusive global economy and their roles as women leaders.
- The first India-US Strategic and Commercial Dialogue held in Washington DC.
- The Council’s mission is to promote bilateral trade relations between India and the United States through pro-growth policies that will advance commercial partnerships from $100 billion to $500 billion by the end of the decade.
- The U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) was formed in 1975 as a business advocacy organization to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States to enhance investment flows
- USIBC currently has twelve Executive Committees, covering every major business sector
- Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
- Recently Cisco’s John Thomas Chambers replaced Ajay Banga as Chairman of USIBC
- Mukesh Aghi is the President of the U.S.-India Business Council.
SHOBHANA BHARTIA (58)
- Born in 1957, Kolkata is a daughter of Krishna Kumar Birla
- Chairperson and Editorial Director of the Hindustan Times Group and also the Pro-Chancellor of the Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences.
- Holds the credit of raising Rs 400 Crore via public equity launch of the HT Media group in the year 2005.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- National Press India Award was given to Shobhana in the year 1992.
- Global Leader of Tomorrow from the World Economic Forum, Davos 1996
- Entrepreneur of the Year, 2005 from Ernst and Young,
- Awarded with the Padma Shri outstanding contribution in journalism in 2006
- Businesswomen of the Year, in the year 2007 by The Economic Times,
INDRA NOOYI (59)
- She is business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo
- Nooyi was considered one of “The TopGun CEOs”.
- PepsiCo 2014 Profits were 6,513 Millions$
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Forbes magazine ranked Nooyi on the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 lists of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Fortune magazine has named Nooyi number one on its annual ranking of Most Powerful Women in business for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2015
- In 2008, Nooyi was named one of America’s Best Leaders by U.S. News & World Report
- Forbes ranked her at the 3rd spot among ‘World’s Powerful Moms’ list