Cookbook author and food blogger Nimi Sunilkumar has bagged the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for 2015-16.
She was conferred with this award for her cookbook “4 o’clock Temptations of Kerala”.
The cookbook is enriched with photos and details of 54 recipes from Kerala and each of these recipes are said to be specific to each district.
It was chosen for the award in the ‘Best Indian Cuisine Cookbook’ section
Nimi Sunilkumar has won award for the second time and earlier in 2013, her Lip-smacking Dishes of Kerala was selected third ‘Best Local Cuisine Book in the World’ category.
It is noted that the snacks include ‘unnakkayi’ (plantain rolls), ‘kumbilappam’ (steamed rice cones) to ‘kozhiyada’ (chicken pancakes) and ‘andiputtu’ (cashew and rice balls). The book, with 54 recipes, was exhibited at the Frankfurt World Book Fair in Germany in October 2015.
- She is a culinary teacher and dietician at Tata High Range School, Munnar.
- She had started her food blog ‘Nimi’s Culinary Ventures’ in 2009.
- She began offering ‘Lip-smacking cooking classes,’ on traditional Kerala cooking to tourists in 2012.
- She has taught traditional Kerala cooking to her students from US, Australia, and UK.
About Gourmand World Cookbook Award:
♦ It is famously known as the Oscar award in the field of cookery. This is the only international award in this particular field. The award is organized to honour the best food and wine books either printed or digital.
Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
Nicknames – God’s Own Country, Spice Garden of India, Land of Coconut Trees
CM – Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor – P. Sathasivam.
Language – Malayalam.
Some Wildlife Sanctuaries in Kerala:
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary
- Begur Wildlife Sanctuary, Wayanad
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Idukki
- Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Thiruvananthapuram
- Parambikulam Tiger Reserve, Palakkad
- Peechi-Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chimmony Wildlife sanctuary
- Malabar Wildlife Sanctuary