Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In how many places in our country will implement a cleaning driving under Swachh Bharat Mission as a initial strategy?
Drinking Water, Sanitation & Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated a Two Day National Workshop on Special cleanliness of 100 Iconic Places of India in New Delhi. Central Government will implement a cleaning drive to clean 10 iconic places in our country.
- Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurates the BRICS Heads of ____________ Agencies Working Group Meeting in New Delhi.
D.Drug ControlAns: D.Drug Control
Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurates the second anti-drug Working Group meeting of Heads of Drug Control Agencies of BRICS countries in New Delhi. The meeting is being organized by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). The seventh BRICS summit was held in July, 2015 in Russia and India shall be hosting the eighth BRICS summit in October, 2016 in Goa.
- Which is launched by the Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh to monitor nearly 645 Krishi Vigyan Kendras across the country?
D.VKV portalAns: B.KVK portal
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh launched an online portal designed to monitor nearly 645 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) across the country. The KVKs also known as known as farm science centres which have a mandate to assess agri-technology and demonstrate to farmer’s application and capacity development, are being set up in rural districts.
- What is the name of survey launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu to collect socio-economic data of 1.48 crore households in the state?
D.SMART PULSEAns: D.SMART PULSE
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched the State government’s prestigious ‘Smart Pulse’ socio-economic survey at his residence in Undavalli, Guntur district on Friday. This survey is flagged off to collect socio-economic data of 1.48 crore households in the state. The first phase of the survey will commence on July 8 with enumerators collecting details of Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at his riverfront residence at Vundavalli near Vijayawada.
- In which country along with India is planned a partnership to set up an apparel training centre and textiles industry of the West African country?
India in partnership with Nigerian government is planning to set up an apparel training centre in Nigeria to support textiles industry of the West African country. This is a first of its kind centre in Nigeria. The centre has been built in Kaduna, Nigeria under the Cotton Technical Assistance Programme for Africa which is being implemented by the Indian Department of Commerce.
- In which country, India’s biggest gas importer Petronet LNG Ltd is planning to set up Rs 5000 crore LNG import terminal?
The company planned to construct 5 million tons per annum capacity LNG import terminal. The company also mulling to set up 1 MT LNG terminal in Sri Lanka to meet local demand. The company is at the forefront of India’s all-out national drive to ensure the country’s energy security in the years to come. The terminal, to be set up on the build-own-operate basis, will supply gas to power plants.
- In which place, Trade body National Association of Software and Services Companies unveiled India’s first centre of excellence focused on Internet of Things (CoE– IoT)?
Trade body National Association of Software and Services Companies unveiled India’s first centre of excellence focused on Internet of Things (CoE– IoT). The move will function as an enabler of funding, accelerating, and mentoring for start-ups and has the capacity to incubate up to 40 start-ups.
- What are two security softwares companies for $1.3 billion in a deal which is going to re-shuffle the security software deck?
A.Avast and AVG
B.Kaspersky and Norton
C.E-set node and Avast
D.Mc-afee and NortonAns: A.Avast and AVG
Avast Software will acquire AVG Technologies for $1.3 billion in a deal which is going to re-shuffle the security software deck. The deal gives Avast a substantial combined portfolio of security products. Founded out of Czechoslovakia in the early 1990s — initially called Grisoft — AVG has grown to become one of the biggest brands in desktop and mobile security apps. It also offers a range of related services, including AVG Cleaner for Android and Mac. The company is now headquartered in Amsterdam.
- Which government has decided to double the prize money of Unesco Kalinga Prize-2017 to $40,000?
D.West BengalAns: C.Odisha
The Kalinga Prize was established in 1951 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) with a generous grant from Biju Patnaik, the founder-president of the Kalinga Foundation Trust. The Kalinga Prize is given to a person(s) who make outstanding contribution to the interpretation of science and technology to the general public.
- Which company honoured Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal by gifting her the 1st anniversary edition of Indian Car of The year – Creta for her Australian Open Win?
Rio-bound Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal was honored by Hyundai Motor India Ltd by gifting her the 1st anniversary edition of Indian Car of The year – Creta. The vehicle was gifted to the Olympic bronze medalist celebration of her winning the Australian Open Championship in Sydney last month.
- Which senior civil servant has been named as the Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA)?
C.S K Kohli
D.Dalbir SuhagAns: C.S K Kohli
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has given its nod to Kohli’s empanelment for promotion to the post of CGDA. Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA) heads the Defence Accounts Department (DAD), operates under the Ministry of Defence of India is mandated to audit, payment and accounting of all charges pertaining to the armed forces, including bills for supplies and services.
- Which senior NCP leader will be formally re-elected as the Chairman of Maharashtra Legislative Council?
A.Gouranga Prasad Behera
D.Ramraje Naik NimbalkarAns: D.Ramraje Naik Nimbalkar
His current term came to an end his election to the post of Presiding Officer is a mere formality as he has the support of Congress too. The post lying vacant after the incumbent Vasant Davkare, of NCP, suffered a shocking defeat in the Council polls from the Thane local body constituency at the hands of Shiv Sena’s Ravindra Phatak last month.
- What is the name of NASA’s Next Airborne Mission unveiled to Study Earth Atmosphere?
In order to map the contours of the Earth’s atmosphere to discover how much pollution exists in the most remote corners of the planet and assess how the environment has changed, NASA is going to unveil a new airborne mission. The Atmospheric Tomography (ATom) mission is the first to survey the atmosphere over the oceans. Scientists aboard NASA’s DC-8 flying laboratory will journey from the North Pole south over the Pacific Ocean to New Zealand and then across to the tip of South America and north up the Atlantic Ocean to Greenland.
- Which hockey ground has received recognition from the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
A.Shivaji Hockey Stadium in New Delhi
B.Aishbagh Stadium in Bhopal
C.Dhyanchand Hockey Ground in Rajkot
D.Imphal Hockey Stadium in ImphalAns: C.Dhyanchand Hockey Ground in Rajkot
The Major Dhyanchand Hockey Ground in Rajkot, has received recognition from the International Hockey Federation (FIH). The ground owned by Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) that has become the first hockey ground in Gujarat to have the FIH approval. Besides Rajkot, there are only 30 grounds in the country that have FIH recognition. The local civic body spent around Rs 5 crore to develop the ground, which was built within a year.
- Which veteran music director passed away in Mumbai due to a brief illness at an age of 77?
B.Om Prakash Sonik
D.Achyut LakharAns: B.Om Prakash Sonik
Omi was the nephew of the blind music director Master Sonik and together they formed the noted Sonik-Omi team which provided music to nearly 125 Bollywood movies in the 1950-1980s. Till the end, he remained active with The Indian Performing Right Society Ltd, which ensures royalties for all performers. In the past few years, Omi largely remained away from Bollywood but composed certain non-film and private albums, religious music and other genres of music.