Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample insentence correction, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- In the case of the TNPSC, the high court had noted that_________no process had preceded the appointments, including of a former district judge who had not been offered the two-year_________that is given on merit to district judges on their reaching the age of 58.
1) tractable, compression2) restricted, abridgment
3) circumscribed, curtailment
4) absolutely , extension
5) accountable, contractionAnswer – 4)
Explanation : absolutely , extension
- He was_________as an administrator, presiding over the suppression of dissent by arresting and executing several_________liberals and leftists.
1) indulgent, obscured
2) ruthless , prominent
3) lenient, depressed4) benign, inconspicuous
5) benignant, invisibleAnswer – 2)
Explanation : ruthless , prominent
- To build confidence in a less-cash economy, people_________into a new way of life need clarity and_________in policy along with a visible road map to secure their confidence.
1) tender, erraticism
2) pitiful, incongruity
4) nudged , consistency
5) clement, irregularityAnswer – 4)
Explanation : nudged , consistency
- In a situation where people are cash-strapped and the government is_________them towards _________, the uncertainty of the sort created at fuel pumps should be avoided as it could lead to a crisis of confidence.
1) humanitarian, restraint2) tenderhearted, obligation
3) softhearted, constraint
4) nudging , alternatives
5) condoning, compulsionAnswer – 4)
Explanation : nudging , alternatives
- The Railways, public sector _________and others have been asked to offer discounts or charge lower rates for cashless transactions; so more such spats could occur, although the Centre has promised to foot the bill for some of these_________.
1) generous, scrape
2) beneficent, pestle3) insurers , subventions
4) liberal, disintegrate
5) sympathetic, raspAnswer – 3)
Explanation : insurers , subventions
- After the_________exercise began, the government had waived the service tax on the MDR surcharge from December 8 for card-based payments up to ₹2,000 and got banks to_________the MDR charges on debit cards till December 31, 2016.
1) gracious, crumple
2) easygoing, atomize
3) pardoning, kibble
4) demonetisation ,waive
5) humane, crumbleAnswer – 4)
Explanation : demonetisation ,waive
- The rise of hacking and fake news thus is,_________, a source of deep fear for liberal governments across Europe,_________on the brink of elections and facing the prospect of a Brexit-style sweep in some cases.
1) charitable, attenuated
2) forgiving, pulverized
3) justifiably, poised
4) gentle, shiverd
5) pitying, granulatedAnswer – 3)
Explanation : justifiably, poised
- The second concern that the hacking episode throws up is that Mr. Trump’s _________reaction of the intelligence report could send a_________signal to Russia that it could carry out more such shadow campaigns with a sense of impunity.
1) retiring, untroubled
2) dismissive , dangerous
3) deferential, careful
4) blushing, guarded
5) obsequious, unhazardouAnswer – 2)
Explanation : dismissive , dangerous
- There is, of course, some_________in the intelligence report given the unparalleled record of the U.S. in_________in the elections of other nations, including in almost all of South America and even in Russia, in 1996.
1) irony , interfering
2) consideration, eliminate
3) deference, brighten
4) complaisance, meliorate
5) capitulation, extricateAnswer – 1)
Explanation : irony , interfering
- The high court could not even go into the_________of the material on the basis of which the Governor made the appointments, _________as there was no ,bar candidates’ resumes.
1) impotence, ethereal
2) ineffectiveness, incorporeal
3) invalidity, intangible
4) weakness, mental
5) relevance , materialAnswer – 5)
Explanation : relevance , material
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification