Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- A rising China and the anti-India_________of Kathmandu’s hill elite, however, have the potential to neutralise, over the longer term, some of Delhi’s natural_________advantages in Nepal.
2) good nature,unimportant
4) enjoyment,commonAnswer – 3)
Explanation : resentments,strategic
- Realists in India can’t object to a good neighbourly relationship between Nepal and China_________in Beijing know the dangers of moving too far and too fast and__________an Indian reaction.
3) evader,make happy
4) idealis,rudeAnswer – 1)
Explanation : Pragmatists,provoking
- As Beijing serenades Nepal’s Prime Minister K P Oli in China this week, should New Delhi be__________about the expanding partnership between our two northern__________?
1) avoided, differences
2) concerned, neighbours
3) ignored, unfriendly
4) neglected, distinctAnswer – 2)
Explanation : concerned, neighbours
- If India-Nepal relations are never too tidy, Beijing-Kathmandu ties are rich in their________of high principle.
4) conformationAnswer – 3)
Explanation : affirmation
- That significant differences remain, especially on the question of Madhesi rights in Nepal, was_________in the inability of the two sides to issue a joint statement at the end of Oli’s visit last month.
4) closeAnswer – 1)
Explanation : reflected
- Local BJP leaders here__________the religion card and made__________references to the 2013 riots.
1) played, disturbing
2) Does, Problems
3) Perform, Intermediate
4) Quit, AgainstAnswer – 1)
Explanation : played, disturbing
- One had hoped the party would use its stupendous_________in UP during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls – where it had won 73 of 80 seats – to highlight governance__________But the campaign pitch for the bypolls has been a bad omen for next year.
1) Conclusion, Causes
2) Role, Reasons
3) Performance, issues
4) Specially, RespectAnswer – 3)
Explanation : Performance, issues
- SP only managed to__________the Bikapur seat, losing Muzaffarnagar and Deoband to BJP and Congress respectively.
4) LoseAnswer – 2)
Explanation : Retain
- Three seats were__________in UP, all of which had been won by the ruling SP in the 2012 assembly elections.
4) ContestedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : Contested
- The surge in English__________propels it to third place after Hindi and Marathi, in terms of total number of Indian children being instructed in that language.
3) spare side
4) nominateAnswer – 2)
Explanation : enrolment