Cyberabad Police Commissioner C V Anand has been conferred with the Election Commission of India’s (ECI) National Special Category Award for the Best Electoral Practices in 2014.
He has been bestowed with this award for the measures taken by him in the area of ‘Expenditure Monitoring and Tackling Money Power’ during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. The ECI has conducted a country-wise analysis of best practices adopted by over 450 District DEOs/SPs in India.
Knowledge is Wealth
- According to the Election Commission’s Report, as on January 5, India has 83 crore voters.
- Hari Shankar Brahma is the current Chief Election Commissioner (CEC).
- The ECI was formed in the year 1950 and it’s HQ is New Delhi.
- The first CEC of India was Sukumar Sen (21 March 1950 – 19 December 1958).
- The first Woman CEC was V S Ramadevi (26 November 1990 – 12 December 1990).