The Jaipur Literature Festival, famously referred as Asia’s biggest literary festival has began at the Diggi Palace Hotel of Jaipur. It is an annual Literary festival taking place in Jaipur since 2006. The 2015 festival is the VIII edition and was inaugurated by the Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundra Raje.
Pulitzer-winning poet Vijay Seshadri, Sahitya Akademi Award winner Ashok Vajpeyi, Poet and translator Arvind Krishna Mehrotra, China-born British author Jung Chang, Nobel laureate VS Naipaul, and former President APJ Abdul Kalam are some of the participants at the festival.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The 2015 Literature festival will see three announcements,
- DSC Prize for South Asian Literature,
- The Ojas Art Award
- Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry.
- The Festival has sessions on 14 Indian languages.
- The 2015 festival will look at gender equity in India in a series titled ‘Women Uninterrupted’.