Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The single emergency number ____ will be functioning throughout India from January 1, 2017.
D.112Answer – D.112
The purpose is to help people reach immediate services of police, ambulance and fire department. Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has approved the provision of a single number for various emergency services. It is similiar to ‘911’ all-in one emergency service being used in the US.
- __________________ in Tamil Nadu rail track to become first green corridor by the end of this month.
D.Madurai Junction-TiruchirapalliAnswer – B.Manamadurai-Rameswaram
To make rail tracks discharge free zones. Nearly 114 km route between Rameswaram and Manamadurai in Tamil Nadu by the end of this month. It forecast all trains passing on that particular route would have bio toilets which eliminate open discharge of waste on the tracks.
- Union Railways Ministry has launched the _________ Tourist train for pilgrims to visit and bookings are being done by IRCTC.
D.Bharat DarshanAnswer – D.Bharat Darshan
The visiting spot includes Shirdi, Tirupati, Jagannath Puri, Gangasagar, Baidyanath Dham and Jyotirlingams among others. The package includes train journey, road transportation, accommodation, sightseeing at tourist locations and on-board and off-board meals.
- Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti launches first trash skimmer for River _______ for skimming of solid waste material.
D.BrahmaputraAnswer – A.Yamuna
The money will be utilised to clean up the stretch of Yamuna from Wazirabad to Okhla. Delhi’s Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra was also present at the launch in New Delhi.
- Union Government mulling to provide mobile connectivity in 55,669 villages by_____ in a phased manner.
D.2017Answer – B.2019
To connect rural India through high-speed broadband it has completed laying of optic fiber in 48,199 gram Panchayats as on 2016. The government has taken up the BharatNet project to connect all 2.50 lakh gram Panchayats, which have over 600million people in rural areas.
- _________ government announced a government resolution (GR) granting minority status to the Jain community.
D.GujaratAnswer – D.Gujarat
The grant will benefit the poor among the Jain community as they can avail of various scholarships, government welfare schemes as per Article 30 of Indian Constitution. Under this announcement Jain institutions will get special status like those accorded to Christian and Muslim institutions.
- The __________ government signed a MoU with Sulabh International Social Service Organisation (SISSO) for construction and maintenance of hybrid toilet complexes in its nine cities.
D.SikkimAnswer – A.Odisha
The hybrid toilet complexes having 5,957 seats will come up in urban centres such as Bhubaneswar, and other cities which covered under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) yojna.
- _________ government to set up a monkey rescue and rehabilitation centre will come up in a large simian population bound Adilabad district of the state.
D.RajasthanAnswer – C.Telangana
The rehabilitation centre will be established as a pilot project at Chincholi, Hyderabad. The department of environment and forests issued orders to this effect. The centre to come up at a cost of Rs.2.21 crore including Rs.1.56 crore as non-recurring expenditure and Rs.65 lakh as recurring cost for the first year.
- The festival will be held ________ to mark the 155th birth anniversary of poet laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
D.LondonAnswer – C.Egypt
The Indian embassy in Cairo & The Maulana Azad Centre for Indian Culture. Tagore, who received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913, is known to Egypt. He visited Egypt as an adolescent in 1878 and later as a famous poet-philosopher in 1926 when he met King Fouad.
- India is ranked at …………….position in crony-capitalism with crony sector wealth accounting for 3.4 per cent of the gross domestic product (GDP).
D.ninthAnswer – D.ninth
As per the latest crony-capitalism index, the noncrony sector wealth amounts to 8.3 per cent of the GDP. Germany is the cleanest with least number of crony capitalists. Russia tops the list followed by Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore.
- India’s largest urban co-operative ______________ has donated of Rs one crore towards relief work drought conditions in various parts of Maharashtra.
C.Nutan Nagarik Sahakari Bank
D.Mehsana Urban Co-Op BankAnswer – A.Bank Saraswat
The bank’s Vice Chairman Gautam E Thakur handed over a cheque of Rs 50 lakh to Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis Of the 1 crore handed over another cheque of Rs 50 lakh to NAAM Foundation. The NAAM Foundation, an NGO started by actors Nana Patekar and Makarand Anaspure, specifically aimed at alleviating the impact of drought.
- The banks in Which state will provide 6000 crore rupees loans to the poor under Mudra Yojana this year to benefit about 8 lakh people for their small business.
D.KarnatakaAnswer – B.Telangana
Union Labour Minister Bandaru dattatreya informed this in the held a review meeting with bankers in Hyderabad. After the review meeting that Agriculture loans to a tune of 40 thousand crore rupees will be disbursed during the current year.
- The first global digital elevation model of _________has been released by the NASA’s Messenger Mission that provide the detail topography across the entire innermost planet.
D.MercuryAnswer – D.Mercury
The mission used for scientists to fully characterise Mercury’s geologic history in it more than 100,000 images were put to create the new model. This messenger findings discloses many interesting topographic features, including the highest and lowest points on the planet.
- Which one of the following browser becomes world’s No. 1 browser in the World.
D.Internet ExplorerAnswer – C.Google
The last week marks the first time Chrome was the No. 1 browser for a sustained period of one week. Exactly 31.88% of the world’s web traffic was done on Chrome, according to StatCounter, while IE is a close second at 31.47%.
- The World’s Biggest tech merger to be called ____________Technologies.
D.AcerAnswer – A.Dell
Dell Technologies will comprise the combined enterprise infrastructure businesses of Dell and EMC, the PC business and affiliated businesses including VMware, SecureWorks, Pivotal, Virtustream and RSA.
- India ranks ___ of 210 in access to electricity.
D.100Answer – A.137
According to SocialCops’ analysis of World Bank data, India ranks 137th of 210 countries on electrification with 78.7% of its population having access to electricity. There are 87 countries with 100% access to electricity, 40 countries with 90-99%, and 6 countries with 80-89%. Notably, of the bottom 20 countries (with 0-22% access to electricity), 18 are in Africa.
- The Almatti Dam is a hydroelectric project on which river?
D.NarmadaAnswer – B.Krishna
The Almatti Dam is a hydroelectric project on the Krishna River in North Karnataka, India which was completed in July 2005. It was recently in news due to fall of water level in the Dam.
- The Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary in ______ is rich in avifauna, reptilian and mammalian population.
D.AssamAnswer – C.Odisha
The mangrove forests in the sanctuary are also a good habitat for King Cobra, Water Monitor Lizard and Indian Python. An area of about 4 hectares is visited by a large number of water birds every year from June to October. The area near Suajore creek at the sanctuary is frequently visited by Asian Open Bill, Cormorants, Darters, Black Ibis, Egrets and many more.