AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- World Environment Day is celebrated annually worldwide on ____ and to support it this year , the Union Minister of Culture and Environment Mr. Mahesh Sharma announced the ‘Taj Declaration to Beat Plastic Pollution’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.June 5
The declaration is called ‘Taj Declaration to Beat Plastic Pollution’. Under this declaration, Agra residents would take pledge to keep 500 m around Taj Mahal plastic free and reduce the use of polythene and plastic products in the vicinity. This decision was taken by the Union and State government and applies to the 100 ‘Adarsh’ monuments across the country. The pledge was taken in the presence of Erik Solheim, executive director of UN Environment Programme and UN goodwill ambassador and actress Dia Mirza.
- On June 4, 2018, how many Indian beaches will be given Blue Flag certification for being clean and environment friendly as announced by Project head of SICOM Mr. Arvind Nautiyal in a five day conference ahead of World Environment Day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.13
The 13 beaches are : Chandra Bhaga beach of Odisha (first to get the flag in the lot), konark coast; Maharashtra’s Chiwla and Bhogave beaches; one beach fromPuducherry, Goa, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands . The Indian beaches are being developed by the Society for Integrated Coastal Management(SICOM), an environment ministry’s body working for the management of coastal areas. These beaches are being developed in accordance with the Blue Flag beach standards under a Unified Coastal Areas Management Programme.
- On June 4, 2018, Ministry of Agriculture announced the launch of ____ from June 1 2018 till July 31st 2018 to help , advise, assist farmers to improve their farming techniques and increase their income?
1.Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan
2.Srishti Kalyan Abhiyaan
3.Samriti Kalyan Abhiyaan
4.Krishi Seva Abhiyaan
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan
This is in line with PM Modi’s vision of doubling the farmers’ income by 2022. The krishi kalian abhiyaan will take place across 25 villages (with more than 1000 population each ) in Aspirational Districts identified by the Ministry of Rural Development with the help of NITI Aayog. The overall coordination and implementation in the 25 villages of a district is being done by Krishi Vigyan Kendra of that district by appointing 111 officers in charge of each district . The various departments associated are : Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Animal Husbandry Dairying & Fisheries (DAHD&F) and Department of Agricultural Research & Education (DARE-ICAR).
- On June 4, 2018, a volunteer workforce of 427 trained volunteers have been given the task to boost the biodiversity and raise awareness among the states along which river to educate , motivate and ensure protection of the biodiversity of aquatic species?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.River Gangan
The group is called ‘Ganga Praharis’. They will work along the ganga basin spreading across the states of : Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhanad, Jharkhanad, Bihar and West Bengal. It is a part of a project named ‘ Biodiversity Conservation and Ganga Rejuvination’ of the Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun sponsored by National Mission of Clean Ganga (NMCG). Activities of the Praharis are : Ghat Cleaning, Awareness Campaigns, Shram Daan, Plantation drives and coordinating with the local self governments . Each Prahari should work on the model of ‘Each One make Ten’ .
- On 4th June 2018, where was the State Environment Ministers Conference in the run-up to World Environment Day held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan delivered the inaugural address at the conference. He said that, 25, 000 tonnes of plastic waste is generated every day. Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Erik Solheim, Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, Mr. Sushil Kumar Modi, Secretary, MoEF&CC, Mr. C.K. Mishra, Director General, Forest & Special Secretary, MoEF&CC, Mr. Siddhanta Das, Additional Secretary, MoEF&CC, Mr. A.K Jain, etc. also addressed the gathering. E.K. JanakiAmmal National awards on taxonomy were also presented on the occasion. The awards comprises Rs. 5 lakh cash, a scroll and a medallion.
- On 4th June 2018, Minister of State of Railways, Rajen Gohain flagged off a new Antyodaya train named 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly) from _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kolkata
The coaches of the Antyodaya Express are fully unreserved LHB second class coaches. They have the following additional facilities:
• Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats
• Additional hand holds in doorway area
• J-Hook near longitudinal luggage racks
• Multiple Unit cables at both ends of the coach
• Vestibuled ends for internal movement of the passengers
• Potable Drinking water dispenser
• Mobile charging points
• Fire Extinguisher with anti-theft lock
• FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) Modular Toilets
• Pleasing interior colour scheme
• Toilet Occupation indication display board
• LED Lights
• SS Slip-free flooring at Doorway & Gangway
• Anti-Graffiti coating for exterior painting
- On 4th June 2018, Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan released ‘Status of Environment Report, India 2015′ at the state environment ministers’ conference held in New Delhi, as per which, India’s forest cover was ____% in 2015?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.21.34
Forests and tree cover jointly contribute nearly 24.16 % of India’s geographical area. According to the recent estimate by Forest Survey of India (FSI), in 2015, the forest cover was 21.34 % of India’s total geographical area. This is an increase of 1.29 % from 20.05 % in 2009. Mizoram with 89 % has the highest forest cover compared to other states and Union territories in India. It is followed by Lakshdweep (84.56 %), Andaman and Nicobar Islands (82 %), Arunachal Pradesh (80 %).
- On 4th June 2018, 15 projects were approved under TIES scheme of commerce ministry to develop infrastructure for promoting exports. Expand TIES?
1.Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme
2.Transport Infrastructure for Expenditure Scheme
3.Trade Import Export Scheme
4.Technolgy and Infrastructure for Export Scheme
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme
In 2017 the commerce ministry introduced the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) to create required infrastructure for development and growth of exports by engagement of central or state agencies. The total scheme outlay is Rs 600 crore. Out of this Rs 80 crore was provided in 2017-18. During then current fiscal year another Rs 80 crore will be offered.
- On June 4, 2018, according to a report released by ASSOCHAM and NEC , India is among the top ____ nations in producing e-waste?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.5
The other countries besides India are : China , US, Japan and Germany. Out of the total e-waste generated in 2016, only 20% (8.9 MT) has been recycled and the rest has no records. Among the states Maharashtra ranks first with 19.8%, Tamil Nadu ranks second with 13% , Uttar Pradesh 10.1%, West Bengal 9.8%, Delhi 9.5%, Karnataka 8.9%, Gujarat 8.8% ,Madhya Pradesh 7.6%.The global volume of E-waste would rise to 52.2 million tonnes or 6.8 kg per person on an average by 2021 from 47.7 MT from 2016 at an annual growth rate of 20%
- On June 4, 2018, Minister of Commerce and Industry , Mr. Suresh Prabhu attended an informal meeting of the commerce ministries in World Trade Organisation in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Paris
There were commerce ministers from 28 member states and Director General of WTO were present. He stressed the need of political engagement for the trade. There is a Work Programme in Ecommerce in which India is an active member. He stressed that working multilaterally with the developing and Least developed countries would help in boosting trader and addressing the challenges faced by WTO.
- On June 4, 2018, RBI supplied _____ for the implementation of Telengana Government’s investment program ‘Rythu Bandhu’ launched in May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.5400 crore
Under the scheme the state govt. will give 4000 per hectare for two seasons by cheques . The Govt. has allotted 12000 crore as the budget in the scheme. The amount of total Rs.5400 crore was given to the banks and the State Financial Department. A total of 59 lakh cheques has been dispatched by the banks headed by SBI. For the current season total requirement for the scheme is Rs.5700 crore.
- On June 4, 2018, the government is planning merger of 4 banks : Bank of Baroda, Central Bank , IDBI bank, and which other bank?
3.Indian Overseas Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Oriental Bank
These four banks has a combined loss of Rs. 21,646.38 crore in the financial year end of March 31. The Government is planning to merge and create 4-5 global sized lenders like SBI. This will create India’s second largest bank after SBI having combined asset of Rs 16.58 trillion . The share of bad loan has increased . The total quantum of bad loans – loans where corporate borrowers are not repaying their dues to banks- has crossed Rs 10 lakh crore. This includes the Rs 8.9 lakh crore share of government owned banks.
- On June 4, 2018, who was selected as the Secretary and CEO of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation(RGF) and the Director of Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies (RGICS)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Vijay Mahajan
He is a social entrepreneur and the co-founder of NGO PRADAN which encourages the young entrepreneurs to work for the betterment of livelihoods of the poor in the country and the Basix Social Enterprise Group that helps 3 million poor households with microfinance. He has worked on the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) , the Rangarajan Committee and Raghuram Rajan Committee earlier.
- Name the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IDBI Bank who has been appointed as fourth RBI Deputy Governor for a 3 year term, on 4th June 2018?
1.Mukesh Kumar Jain
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mukesh Kumar Jain
He was CEO of IDBI since March 2017 and previously he was CEO of Chennai based Indian Bank. He will be replacing SS Mundra whose tenure ended in July 2017. As per RBI Act , there are 4 deputy governors : 2 from within the bank , a commercial banker and an economist. The other current Deputy governors are : i. Shri B. P. Kanungo , ii. Dr. Viral V. Acharya , iii. Shri N.S. Vishwanathan.
- On 4th June 2018, Madagascar’s Prime Minister _____ announced his resignation?
2.Olivier Mahafaly Solonandrasana
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Olivier Mahafaly Solonandrasana
Madagascar has been witnessing violent protests since 21st April 2018. The protests initially opposed the new laws the opposition claimed to bar their candidates to take part in the upcoming elections. The Constitutional Court has ordered Madagascar President Rajaonarimampianina to form a government of national unity with a consensus prime minister. As per this, the current government had to resign and the president was ordered to name a new prime minister by 12th June 2018. New Prime Minister has not yet been named.
- NASA, has said that, MarCO-A and MarCO-B, have successfully oriented towards which body?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mars
In the last week, two CubeSats named MarCO-A and MarCO-B fired their propulsion systems to guide themselves toward Mars. This process is called a trajectory correction manoeuvre. It enabled the spacecraft to refine its path to Mars after launch. MarCO-A and MarCO-B successfully completed this manoeuvre. These two CubeSats comprise the Mars Cube One (MarCO) mission. They were launched on 5th May 2018 along with the InSight lander. They were designed to follow InSight on the way to Mars.
- On 3rd June 2018, who became the first player from Thailand to win the 73rd US Women’s Open at the Shoal Creek, Alabama course, United States?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ariya Jutanugarn
Ariya Jutanugarn is 22 years old. She hails from Bangkok. She has become the first player from Thailand to win a US Women’s Open title. She finished with a one-over 73 and a 72-hole total of 11-under 277. She was followed by South Korea’s Kim Hyo-joo in the second position. Spain’s Carlota Ciganda secured third place. American Danielle Kang was in fourth position.
- When was the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.June 4
On 19 August 1982, the UN General Assembly declared 4 June as the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression. This day is observed to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. The six most common violations faced by children are: use of children in war, killing, sexual violence, abduction, attacks on schools and hospitals, and denial of humanitarian access.
- When was the 29th Anniversary of Tiananmen Massacre observed?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 4
Over 10,000 activists gathered in Hong Kong to commemorate the 29th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square crackdown in Beijing. This year’s observance focused on freeing “dissidents imprisoned or under home arrest” and pushing for greater democracy in mainland China. The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 is also known as the June Fourth Incident in China. On this day in 1989, students held demonstrations in Beijing. The protests were forcibly suppressed after Chinese Premier Li Peng declared martial law. This is referred as the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of Vijaya Bank?A Friend You Can Bank On
- Where is Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary located?Bihar
- Who is the President of Madagascar?Rajaonarimampianina
- The Panchet Dam has been constructed on which river?Damodar River
- Where is Kutch Museum located?Bhuj, Gujarat