AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 1 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 31st May 2018, where did the two-day thematic seminar on Water and Sanitation begin?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pune, Maharashtra
The seminar was hosted by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India along with Research and Information System (RIS) for Developing Countries as Knowledge Partner along with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA). This seminar is one among the eight events organized by the Ministry of Finance as a lead-up to the AIIB’s 3rd Annual Meeting which will be held in June 2018 in Mumbai. Discussions were held on efficient water management, drinking water, sanitation infrastructure and waste management, financing, regulatory etc.
- On 1st June 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched an Online Analytical Tool to enable better monitoring of the flow and usage of foreign contributions received by organisations registered or permitted under which act?
1.Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010
2.Foreign Revenue (Regulation) Act, 2012
3.Foreign Currency (Regulation) Act, 2010
4.Foreign Capital (Regulation) Act, 2013
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010
This tool helps decision-makers in different Departments of Government to examine the source of foreign funds and their actual use in India. It lets them make data-driven and evidence-based decisions related to compliance of the provisions of the FCRA, 2010. It consists of analytical features to perform big data mining and data exploration. Its dashboard will be integrated with the bank accounts of the FCRA-registered entities through the Public Financial Management System in order to update transactional data in real-time.
- On June 1, 2018, the Minister for Woman and Child Development Ms. Maneka Gandhi launched India’s first Advanced Forensic Lab in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Chandigarh
The lab is called ‘Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory’. This is being set up as a model DNA lab and will have replicas in different parts of the country. Capacity of Chandigarh lab will be increased to 2000 cases per year from the current 160 cases per year by the inclusion . 5 other labs would come up in : Mumbai, Chennai, Guwahati, Pune , Bhopal.
- On June 1, 2018, which state government announced that it will give allowance to the state’s unemployed youth?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
The Unemployment scheme will cater to the unemployed graduate youth. Each person will be given Rs. 1000 on a monthly basis. There are nearly 10 lakh youth in the state. The total outlay of the scheme is Rs.1200 crore. There will be no restriction on the number of people per family getting facilitated. The Upper Limit of the scheme is 35 years.
- On 31st May 2018, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu launched the 3rd year of ____ , in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh?
1.Chandramathi Bima Yojana
2.Chandranna Bima Yojana
3.Chinthamani Bima Yojana
4.Chintha Bhimanna Yojana
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chandranna Bima Yojana
The Chandranna Bima Yojana program was first launched on 2nd October 2016. It completed its second year on 31st May 2018. Aam Admi Bima Yojana, Pradhana Manthri Jeevana Jyothi Bima Yojana, Pradhana Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and the Individual Accident Bima Policy of the State government are a part of this insurance scheme. Chandrababu Naidu said that nearly 2.5 crores labourers in the unorganised sector will benefit from this scheme.
- On June 1, 2018, which state government launched a health insurance scheme for journalists?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Odisha
The name of the scheme is : ‘ Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana’. In the first phase 3233 working journalistswould be covered to upto Rs. 2 lakh a year. Under this scheme at least five members of the journalist’s family would be covered. Health insurance cards would be distribute by the district offices of the District Information and Public Relations Offices (DIPRO) .
- On June 1, 2018, which state government launched One-Stop centres for women affected by violence in all its districts?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Haryana
Presently there are 7 OSCs in some districts in Haryana and approval has been granted for 15 more OSCs . The Seven districts which already have the OSCs are : Karnal, Bhiwani, Gurugram , Faridabad, Hisar, Rewari and Narnual. The centres will provide integrated services to the women affected by violence . The services would include : police assistance, medical aid, psycho social counseling, legal aid and temporary stay for 5 days. One Stop Centres are completely funded by the Nirbhaya Fund by the centre.
- On June 1, 2018, the Ministry of Culture launched a new scheme called ____ to reimburse the central government of CGST and IGST to reduce the financial burden of the religious institutions who serve neccessities to the public / devotee free of cost without discrimination?
1.Seva Bhoj Yojana
2.Gram Seva Yojana
3.Seva Shiksha Yojana
4..Seva Sathya Yojana
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Seva Bhoj Yojana
The services include food, Prasad, langar (Community Kitchen). The charitable institutions include Temples, Gurudwara, Mosque, Church, Dharmik Ashram, Dargah, Matth, Monasteries who have been existing for at least 5years before the grant. They should serve at least 5000 people in a month and is under Societies Registration Act and under Income Tax Act (under section 10 (23BBA)). The institutions will be given renewed registration by the Ministry as per evaluation of their performance.
- On May 31,2018 , what rank did India secure in the Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”, which is a part of a report : ‘The Many faces of Exclusion’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.113
The index is a part of a report : ‘The Many faces of Exclusion’. The index a total of 175 countries to determine quality of childhood. In 2017 , India ranked 116 with a point of 754/1000 out of 172 countries and in 2018 India ranked 113 with total score of 768/1000 , with an improvement of 14 points . The cause of improvement is reducing Child marriage. India’s child mortality rate under five years (out of 1000 live births) was 43 which is quite high and so is child stunting (age from 0-59 months ) which is at 38.4%.
- Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has revised the ____ scheme, enabling wait-listed passengers who booked tickets from counters to choose the alternate train accommodation scheme?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.VIKALP
VIKALP or alternate train accommodation scheme (ATAS) was launched in 2015. This scheme was introduced only for tickets booked online. As per this scheme, wait-listed passengers of a train can opt for confirmed accommodation in alternate trains. The ministry has said that, if a passengers avails Vikalp scheme, he/she should mark his/her choice of alternate train departing within 12 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours.
- On 1st June 2018, India’s first superfast train, _____ express from Mumbai to Pune marked 88 years of service?
4.Queen of Western Ghats
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Deccan Queen
Deccan Queen express is also known as ‘Queen of Deccan’. The train began operations on 1st June 1930. This was the first deluxe train introduced by Indian Railways. The train reduced travel time between Mumbai and Pune by nearly one hour. This was the first train which had coaches with roller bearings, replacement of end on generation coaches with self-generating coaches with 110 volts system and first and second class chair cars.
- Who has been nominated in the category of persons who manage news agencies in the Press Council of India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ashok Upadhyay
The members of the reconstituted Press Council of India under the ‘Working Journalists-Editors’ category are:
• Chandramani Raghuvanshi
• Uttam Chandra Sharma
• Pradeep Kumar Jain
• Om Prakash Khemkarni
• Sayed Razza Husain Rizvi
• Baldev Raj Gupta
- On June 1,2018, the Income Tax Department issued revised ____, to increase public participation with the IT department to unearth black money and reduce tax evasion?
1.Income Tax Complaints Reward Scheme 2018
2.Income Tax Informants Reward Scheme 2009
3.Income Tax Intimation Reward Scheme 2018
4.Income Tax Informants Reward Scheme 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Income Tax Informants Reward Scheme 2018
This has replaced the reward scheme issued in 2007.. Under this scheme a person upon giving specific information about tax evasionto the Investigation Directorate of the IT department can be rewarded upto Rs. 50 lakhs. A reward of upto Rs. 5 crore would be given to people who would provide precise information about the black money tugged away in the foreign countries by individuals that come under Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015.
- A new reward scheme named ____ has been introduced by the Income Tax Department to encourage people to provide information about benami transactions and properties and also income earned on such properties by hidden investors and beneficial owners?
1.Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
2.Benami Transfers Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
3.Benami Transactions Complaints Reward Scheme, 2018
4.Benami Properties Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
This reward scheme aims to encourage people to provide information about benami transactions and properties and also income earned on such properties by hidden investors and beneficial owners. Under the Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018, a person can receive reward up to Rs. 1 crore for offering specific information in prescribed manner to the Joint or Additional Commissioners of Benami Prohibition Units (BPUs) in Investigation Directorates of Income Tax Department.
- On June 1, 2018, a co-founder of Citrus Mr. Satyen Kothari launched his new venture of an app that can sweep funds between bank a/cs and Mutual Funds. Name the app?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cube Wealth
The app is called ‘Cube Wealth’. Cube with Zerodhaand other asset management companies has come up with the solution of fund transfer services. Customers can retrieve money to their bank a/cs during emergencies however, this feature is only available to those whose initial amount of transaction is Rs. 50000. The platform will provide wealth advisors and will be available from June 5,2018.
- On June 1,2018, which Indian software company signed collaboration agreement with JDA Software for development, product support, go-to-market initiatives for JDA’s commerce, SofTechnics and pricing revenue management solutions?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.HCL
The agreement is in lines of development, product support, go-to-market initiatives for JDA’s commerce, SofTechnics and pricing revenue management solutions. The aim of the agreement is to provide a seamless customer experience. HCL will work on product development and inclusion of technology in supply chain and in retail applications for the JDA customers.
- On 31st May 2018, who took charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Amit Khare
Amit Khare is an IAS Officer of the Jharkhand cadre of 1985 batch. He replaces Narendra Kumar Sinha as Secretary in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. Earlier, Amit Khare was serving as Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Jharkhand. He has also worked as Principal Secretary, Finance & Planning Department, Government of Jharkhand.
- On 1st June 2018, Pakistan’s former chief justice ____ took charge as Pakistan’s seventh caretaker prime minister till general elections on 25th July 2018?
3.Ali Bhash Mahmood
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Nasirul Mulk
Nasirul Mulk’s duty as caretaker prime minister will be to oversee the general elections. Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain administered the oath to Nasirul Mulk. Nasirul Mulk is 67 years old. He was unanimously nominated for the post by the government and opposition.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the Vice Chief of Army Staff for the Southern Command?
1.Lieutenant General Arasu Kumar
2.Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu
3.Lieutenant General Karna Parbhu
4.Lieutenant General Amar Prakash
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu
On June 1, 2018, Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu has been appointed as the Vice Chief of Army Staff for the Southern Command. He was earlier the Commander for the Northern Command. Lt. General Ranbir Singh took over the northern command after the appointment
- On June 1, 2018, the Indian Super League (ISL) club FC Pune City appointed Brazilian ____ as their head coach?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Marcos Paqueta
He also guided the team of Saudi Arabia in 2006 World Cup. He has managed national teams of U-17 and U-20 of Brazil. He has an experience of 30 years.
- On 30th May 2018, India successfully performed the first test its new surface-to-air missile with nozzle less booster powered by SFDR technology, from launching complex-III of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) off Odisha coast. Expand SFDR?
1.Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
2.Solid Fuel Draining Racquet
3.Slow Fuel Draining Ramjet
4.Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
The missile has not been given a formal name yet. It has been indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It is said to be the fastest missile in its class. It has the capacity to neutralise fast moving aerial targets. The Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology was developed by India in collaboration with Russia. The missile flew in its intended trajectory at a speed of Mach 3 (three times the speed of sound). It performed as expected and perfectly validated the new indigenous technology.
- On 31st May 2018, Timothy Pereira, who passed away after a long term illness, in Mumbai, was a ____?
1.High Court Judge
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Football player
Timothy Pereira was 75 years old. He represented the Tata Football Club. He first played for Goan sports and State Bank. He played for India in 1967-68. He also played hockey and represented Catholic Gymkhana in the local league.
- When was Global Day of Parents observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.June 1
The Global Day of Parents is observed on 1st June every year. In 2012, the UN General Assembly declared June 1 as Global Day of Parents. This day honours parents all over the world. This day provides an opportunity to appreciate parents for their selfless commitment to children.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?Sanjay Mitra
- Where is Hazaribag Wildlife Sanctuary located?Jharkhand
- Who is the Chairman of Railway Board?Ashwani Lohani
- What is the tag line of Indian Overseas Bank?Good people to grow with
- Where is Konark Sun Temple located?Konark, Odisha