AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation signed a Statement of Intent (in Apr’21) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to promote innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem in India’s public systems?
1) National Initiative for Development and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI)
2) Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS)
3) Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI)
4) Technology Development Board (TDB)
5) Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
Answer-2) Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS)
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) & the Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS) have signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) for promoting innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem in India in the area of public systems.
· It also proposed to create an Innovation Learning Management System (iLMS) to promote innovative learning among students.
· It is also expected to strengthen the AIM Mentor of Change program.
- Which organisation signed an MoU with Spices Board India (in Apr’21) to enhance the transparency in supply chain in the “e-Spice Bazaar” portal using blockchain-based traceability interface?
1) World Trade Organization (WTO)
2) World Bank
3) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
Answer-3) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
On April 5, 2021, Spices Board India under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry & UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) India’s Accelerator Lab signed an MoU for developing a blockchain-based traceability interface for Indian Spices to enhance transparency in supply chain and trade.
· UNDP and Spices Board India are working towards integrating the Blockchain Traceability Interface with the “e-Spice Bazaar portal”.
· Spice Board of India was constituted on 26th February 1987.
- As per the, ‘The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021’, Corporate debtors can initiate Pre-Packaged Insolvency Resolution Process (PIRP) on ____________ with maximum default of __________.
1) Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), Rs. 10 crore
2) Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Rs. 10 crore
3) Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC), Rs. 1 crore
4) Micro Finance Institutions, Rs. 10 crore
5) Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Rs. 1 crore
Answer-5) Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Rs. 1 crore
The government of India has promulgated an Ordinance – ‘The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021’ to allow ‘Pre-Packaged Insolvency Resolution Process (PIRP)’ to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
· Corporate Debtors of the MSME can initiate PIRP on MSMEs with a maximum default value of INR 1 Crore.
· Insolvency proceedings include 90 days to submit a resolution plan & 120 days for the entire process.
- ________ released guidelines to Asset Management Companies for setting-up Limited Purpose Clearing Corporation (LPCC) in Mutual Funds with a share capital of _________.
1) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Rs. 200 crore
2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Rs. 250 crore
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Rs. 150 crore
4) Mutual Fund Advisory Committee (MFAC), Rs. 250 crore
5) Mutual Fund Advisory Committee (MFAC), Rs. 150 crore
Answer-3) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Rs. 150 crore
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) modified its framework relating to the guidelines on contribution to set up Limited Purpose Clearing Corporation (LPCC) by Asset Management Companies (AMCs) of Mutual Funds(MFs).
· AMCs were required to contribute ₹150 crores as share capital for setting up of LPCC by mutual funds.
- What was the growth rate projected for India in FY-22 as per the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s “World Economic Outlook” report?
International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its biannual World Economic Outlook report has hiked its growth projection of India for FY22 by 1% to 12.5% from 11.5% of its January 2021 estimation, due to the normalization of economic activity.
· GDP forecast for FY23 was revised to 6.9% from 6.8%.
· Global economy to grow at 4.4% in 2022.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF):
Headquarter – Washington, USA
Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
- As per the Forbes’ 35th Annual world’s Billionaires list, ___________ is the World’s Richest personality, while __________ is the richest in Asia.
1) Jeff Bezos, Mukesh Ambani
2) Elon Musk, Jack Ma
3) Elon Musk, Jack Ma
4) Jeff Bezos, Gautam Adani
5) Elon Musk, Mukesh Ambani
Answer-1) Jeff Bezos, Mukesh Ambani
Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com Inc topped the Forbes’ 35th Annual world’s Billionaires list with a net worth of 177 billion USD followed by Elon Musk CEO of SpaceX and Tesla
· Ranked 10, Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd became Asia’s richest person, replacing Jack Ma. Ambani was followed by Gautam Adani.
· With 140 billionaires, India has the 3rd highest number of billionaires in the world.
- President of India appointed Justice __________ as the _____ Chief Justice of India in April 2021.
1) Vineet Saran, 48th
2) Uday Lalit, 51st
3) N V Ramana, 51st
4) Uday Lalit, 49th
5) N V Ramana, 48th
Answer-5) N V Ramana, 48th
On 6th April 2021, the President of India Appointed Justice N V Ramana, Judge of the Supreme Court, as the 48th Chief Justice of India (CJI).
· He will take over as the CJI from Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde on 24th April 2021.
· The Chief Justice of India is appointed by the President of India under clause (2) of Article 124 of the Constitution.
- Who was appointed (in Apr’21) as the new Chairman & Managing Director of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for a period of 3-years?
1) U. B. Pravin Rao
2) S Ramann
3) G.R. Chintala
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) Suneet Sharma
Answer-2) S Ramann
S Ramann, the Chief Executive officer(CEO) of National e-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL), has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for a period of 3-years.
Headquarters- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Established – 2nd April 1990
- Which organisation acquired (in Apr’21) Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL) for $1 billion?
1) ALLEN Career Institute
Byju’s, an online education startup recently acquired Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL), a provider of test preparation services, for $1 billion (about Rs 7,300 crore).
· Previously, Unacademy made close to six acquisitions in the test prep space.
- In April 2021, Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan launched India’s digital disease surveillance platform, “Integrated Health Information Platform” (IHIP).
Which of the following points is/are correct with respect to IHIP?
A) India is the World’s 1st Country to have an Advanced Digital Disease Surveillance System “IHIP”
B) IHIP was developed in National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in partnership with World Bank & World Health Organisation
C) IHIP is capable of tracking real time data of 18 diseases
1) Only A & B
2) Only B
3) Only B & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only A
Answer-5) Only A
Union Minister, Harsh Vardhan virtually launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP), an integrated Digital Platform for Disease Surveillance in India.
i. India became the 1st Country in the World to adopt an Advanced Digital Disease Surveillance System.
ii. National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), World Health Organization (WHO) were associated with the development of the platform.
iii. IHIP is capable of tracking 33 diseases (previously it was 18) & provides real-time data in digital mode, to identify any potential outbreak of Endemic diseases.