On the occasion of statehood day (Rajyotsav) of Chhattisgarh i.e. on November 1, 2020, the state’s Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel virtually launched welfare initiatives for their people which include two key schemes viz. distribution of fortified rice through Public Distribution System (PDS) and Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme.
- The day was celebrated in two virtual phases. In the first phase, former All India Congress Committee (AICC) Chief Rahul Gandhi virtually attended the function, while the second phase was graced by state Governor Anusuiya Uikey as the chief guest.
- The CM also felicitated 30 individuals and three organisations with ‘Rajya Alankaran Samman’ (state awards) for their exemplary contribution in 24 different disciplines.
- Notably, Chhattisgarh came into existence on November 1, 2000 after the bifurcation of Madhya Pradesh (MP).
Fortified Rice Distribution Scheme
The fortified rice distribution scheme will be launched on pilot basis in Kondagaon district of the state which will aid in checking malnutrition and anemia. It will be distributed through fair price shops (FPS).
- The fortified rice is a mixture of iron, vitamin B-12 and folic acid enriched fortified rice kernel (FRK), which meet the nutritional requirements in the diet and thereby help in controlling malnutrition and anemia.
Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme
The CM also inaugurated Rs 130 crore Swami Atmanand Government English Medium School Scheme for setting up of English medium schools which aims at providing education in English to the children. Initially, 52 schools will be started.
- Along with the state-of-the-art library and lab, computer and science lab, these schools also have the facility of online education.
–The CM virtually dedicated five newly-built tourist resorts as part of the Tribal Tourism Circuit in different districts.
–He inaugurated Mukhyamantari Shahari Slum Swasthya Yojana.
–He also performed e-bhoomi pujan (ground breaking ceremony) of development and beautification works at Rajim and Shivrinarayan under Ram Van Gaman Path tourism circuit project
–He dedicated 132/33 KV Power Sub Station in Bijapur district and 87.5-km long 132 KV Barsur- —-Bijapur electricity line which will ensure electricity supply to 23 remote villages in the naxal-affected district
–CM also released the third installment of Rs 1500 crores under Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojna to 18.38 lakh farmers.
–A mobile hospital-cum-laboratories was also launched in 30 areas under Chief Minister Urban Slum Health Scheme.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 14, 2020 Chanesh Ram Rathiya, Veteran Congress leader and former Chhattisgarh minister, passed away at the age of 78 due to COVID-19 at a hospital at Raigarh, Chhattisgarh. He was a prominent leader from the tribal society of north Chhattisgarh.
ii.On September 20, 2020 The first-ever India Happiness Report 2020 was released by Professor Rajesh K Pillania, which ranks all 36 States and Union Territories(UTs) on the basis of their happiness quotient. Mizoram tops the ranking followed by Punjab and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Odisha, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh were least happy states.
National Parks– Guru Ghasidas National Park, Kanger Valley National Park