Union Public Services Commission has announced the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 notification on 02/02/2022. Notification is out to fill 1011 Vacancies in the Indian Civil Service. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 02/02/2022 to 22/02/2022. Candidates waiting for the UPSC CSE 2022 notification can apply online using the online application link. Also view the eligibility criteria, selection process and previous year vacancy details in the below content. Aspirants can check UPSC CSE 2022 Syllabus here.
Name of the Post: UPSC Civil Services Exam
Post Date: 02/02/2022
No of Vacancies: 1011
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022:
Applications must be submitted in online mode only. Online application date and time are given in the table. Candidates must submit the application on or before the last date. Applications will not be accepted after the last date.
|Start Date of Online Application||02/02/2022|
|Last Date of Online Application||22/02/2022 till 06:00 PM|
|Preliminary Exam Date||05/06/2022|
Selected candidates will be posted in the below services. Check all the services given under.
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service).
- IPS (Indian Police Service).
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, (DANICS), Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Vacancy Details of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022:
The number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Civil Services 2022 examination is approximately 861 Posts.
Note: UPSC has decided to recruit 150 personnel in the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS), Group ‘A’ through the Civil Services Examination – 2022. UPSC has increased the vacancy count of the Civil Service 2022 Examination from 861 to 1011.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Civil Service Exam||1011|
The age limit for the Civil Services Examination 2022 is given below.
- The age limit of the candidates should be between 21 to 32 years on the 1st of August, 2022.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/08/1990 and not later than 01/08/2001.
Relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories such as SC, ST, OBC, PWD is as under.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast / Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC / ST||15 years|
Educational Qualification for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022:
- The candidate must hold a Graduate Degree from any Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC Civil Services 2022: Selection Process
The selection will be based on the
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination
Candidates must pay the application fee online / offline.
- Candidates pay online by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 21st February 2022 and the online payment mode will be closed on 22nd February 2022.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||100/-|
|2||SC / ST / Female / PwBD||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022:
- Candidates can apply Online by visiting the official UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I and Part II and Candidates are required to complete both.
- Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled up to 22nd Feb 2022 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Documents: photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates must pay the application fee.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the finally submitted application.