Skyroot Aerospace has signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on behalf of Department of Space (DoS), through which Skyroot Aerospace can use the facilities & technical expertise in ISRO centers for development of their Launch Vehicle Development Program.
- The NDA boosts the Skyroot Aerospace’s programme to launch India’s first-ever privately-designed and developed rocket, Vikram-1.
The agreement was signed by R Umamaheswaran, Scientific Secretary of ISRO on behalf of DoS & Pawan Chandana, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on behalf of the company.
- Vikram-1 is expected to be launched by December, 2021.
- Vikram-1 will be used for launching small satellites by ISRO & other space research organisations.
- Skyroot Aerospace is the 2nd Private Company after Agnikul Cosmos Pvt Ltd to sign an NDA with ISRO for utilizing its facilities & technical expertise.
- It is a startup founded by Former scientists of ISRO, it has raised USD 4.3 million and has set a target to raise USD 15 Million in 2021.
- It has investments from Mukesh Bansal (Founder of Myntra), Solar Industries (India’s largest explosives manufacturer & renowned Space & Defence Contractor), Vedanshu Investments & Angel investors.
- At present, India has around 50 space startups which are building rockets, satellites & Group Equipments.
- The Government of India has set up Indian National Space Promotion & Authorization Center (IN-SPACe) for promoting and fostering Indian private players to take part in the space programme.
- ISRO is encouraging private industries to manufacture small satellite launch vehicles & Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles so that they can focus on building next generation rockets, satellites & Deep Space Missions.
Recent Related News:
i.On December 3, 2020, the Department of Space (DoS) signed the first one of its kind Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd under which the latter can access the facilities and technical expertise ISRO for its launch vehicle development programme.
About Skyroot Aerospace:
CEO – Pawan Kumar Chandana
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana