The 5th International Pars Wushu Cup concluded successfully at Azadi Sports Complex, Tehran, Iran from 18th – 21th September, 2015. More than 200 Wushu athletes took part in this championship.
- The Indian wushu team fetched a rich haul of one gold, four silver and seven bronze medals at the 5th International Pars Wushu Cup in Tehran
Nineteen teams from 18 countries took part in this championship.
- L. Budhachandra Singh won a gold medal in the 56kg category, beating Masod Ansari of Iran in the final. Mukesh Choudhry lost his final against Asian Games gold-medallist Mohsen Seifi, while Rajani Deori went down to Sajas Abbasi of Iran in the summit clash.
- In the last edition, the Indian team won two silver and three bronze medals in the tournament at Zenjan, Iran
- Wushu sport is of China origin and also called Kung fu, CMA, WS
- The term wushu is Chinese for “martial arts”
- Composed of two disciplines – taolu and sanda
- International Wushu Federation (IWUF), which holds the World Wushu Championships every two years