According to a study,‘Ultimate Military Strength Index’ by Defence Website ‘Military Direct’, India with 61 Points is the 4th Strongest Military Force in the World. China (82 Points) was rated as the World’s Strongest Military Force followed by the USA (74) & Russia (69).
- The index considers factors like – Budgets, number of inactive & active military personnel, total air, sea, land and nuclear resources, average salaries & weight of equipment.
- World’s Biggest Military Spender – USA (USD 732 Billion per year) followed by China (USD 261 Billion) & India (USD 71 Billion).
The study has also come out with hypothetical conflicts based on the assets owned by each country/military.
- China would win a Sea Conflict. As it has 406 Ships compared to Russia’s 278 & USA or India’s 202 ships.
- The USA would win an aerial war. As it has 14, 141 Airships compared to Russia’s 4, 682 & China’s 3, 587.
- Russia would win in a Land war. As it has 54, 866 vehicles compared to USA’s 50, 326 & China’s 41, 641 vehicles.
Recent Related News:
i.June 16, 2020, India ranked 6th as nuclear weapons increased since 2019, US tops: SIPRI’s Yearbook 2020
About Indian Armed Forces:
The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces.
Chief of Defence Staff – Bipin Rawat