Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, the type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1 – 5): Study the information given below and answer the given questions:
In a week, starting from Monday and ending on Sunday, seven lectures are to be scheduled. Only one lecture can be scheduled on each of the seven days.
Finance is scheduled either on Saturday or on Wednesday. Three lectures are to be taught between English and Finance. Two lectures are scheduled to be held between Computers and English. Lecture on Physics is to be scheduled on the day which is immediately next to the day when lecture on Marketing is scheduled. Lecture on Accounts is scheduled to be held after Mathematics (not necessarily after Mathematics). Lecture on Accounts is not scheduled for Saturday or Sunday.
- Which of the following lectures is scheduled on Sunday?
E) Data inadequateD) English
There is no definite arrangement given. So we will have to start with 2 tables taking Finance with Wednesday on the 1st table, and taking Finance with Saturday on the 2nd table. And then proceed. In the last the table which does not give any contradiction will be final arrangement.
Final arrangement is[su_table]
Subject Monday Mathematics Tuesday Accounts Wednesday Finance Thursday Computers Friday Marketing Saturday Physics Sunday English
- How many lectures are scheduled between Finance and English
E) More than threeD) Three
- Which of the following combination of day-lecture is not correct?
A) Sunday – English
B) Friday – Marketing
C) Monday – Mathematics
D) Thursday – Computers
E) Wednesday – PhysicsE) Wednesday – Physics
- Which of the following is/are scheduled between the lectures on Accounts and Physics?
A) Finance, Marketing
B) Mathematics, Computers
D) Finance, Computers, Marketing
E) None of theseD) Finance, Computers, Marketing
- If Finance is related to English and Mathematics is related to Marketing in a certain way based upon the given arrangement, then Accounts will be related to which of the following, following the same pattern?
E) None of theseB) Physics
Directions (6 – 10):
(A) only 1st follows
(B) only 2nd follows
(C) either 1st or 2nd
(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
(E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: Some sticks are lamps. Some jungles are lamps. Some lamps are nets.
I. Some sticks are jungles.
II. All nets are sticks is a possibility.(B) only 2nd follows
I is not definite.
II is a possibility a shown below:
- Statements: All erasers are pens. No eraser is duster. Some dusters are pencils.
I. Some dusters are pens.
II. Some pencils are pens.(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
Both are not definite.
- Statements: Some towers are flowers. Some flowers are papers. All papers are clips.
I. Some towers are papers is a possibility.
II. Some clips are flowers.(E) both 1st and 2nd
II is definite
I is a possibility as shown:
- Statements: Some palaces are forts. All forts are glasses. No glass is pot.
I. No fort is a pot
II. Some palaces are pots.(A) only 1st follows
I is definite because if any fort is pot, then glasses will be pots which is not possible (No glass is pot).
II is not definite
- Statements: Some jobs are vacancies. Some jobs are cheques. No cheque is a book.
I. All jobs are books is a possibility.
II. All books are jobs is a possibility.(B) only 2nd follows
I – If all jobs are books, then some cheques will be books which is not possible. So I does not follow.
II is a possibility as: