Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CMS Recruitment 2023 notification on 19/04/2023. Combined Medical Service Exam Notification is out for filling up 1261 Vacancies. Candidates will be recruited through Combined Medical Service Examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 19/04/2023 to 09/05/2023. Aspirants can view the vacancy details and other eligibility criteria (i.e. selection process, applying method, fee structure, exam pattern and important dates) in the below content. Aspirants can also check UPSC CMS Syllabus here.
Name of the Post: Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer, Medical Officer
Post Date: 19/04/2023
No of Vacancies: 1261
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC CMS Recruitment 2023:
The online application date and time are given in the table. Candidates must submit the application on or before the last date. Applications must be submitted online only. Applications will not be accepted after the last date. Candidates can also check the UPSC CMS 2023 exam date.
|Start Date of Online Application||19/04/2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||09/05/2023|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CMS Recruitment 2023:
The UPSC CMS competitive examination is conducted annually by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit candidates for various posts in Medical Services. The vacancy details for the UPSC Combined Medical Service 2023 Exam are given below. Stay updated on this page to check the latest vacancy updates. Find vacancy updates in the below table.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Medical Officers Grade in General Duty Medical Officers Sub-cadre of Central Health Service||584|
|2||Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||300|
|3||General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council.||01|
|4||General Duty Medical Officer in East Delhi, South Delhi, North Delhi Municipal Corporation||376|
The Pay Scale and other allowances will be applicable as per UPSC rules.
Age limit (as on 01/08/2023):
Candidates should have the following age limit as on 01/08/2023. The age limit for the Combined Medical Services Examination is given below. Candidates satisfying the age criteria are eligible to apply for the post.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1991.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||Maximum Age Limit|
|1||Assistant Divisional Medical Officer / General Duty Medical Officer / Medical Officer||32 years|
Age relaxation is applicable as per UPSC rules. Relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable for different categories, check age relaxation in the below table.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST) / Ex-servicemen||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
|3||Defence Services personnel||03 years|
- Candidates should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or yet to appear for the Final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply.
The selection will be based on
- Written Examination
- Personality Test / Interview
Candidates can pay the application fee either online or offline. The online fee must be paid on or before 09/05/2023 and the offline fee must be paid on or before 08/05/2023. Fee can be paid by remitting the money to any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / PWD / Female||Nil|
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
How to Apply for UPSC CMS Recruitment 2023:
- Candidates should apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click ->Apply Online.
- Candidates should register using a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Login using the generated registration number and password.
- Fill in all the necessary details asked in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of required documents.
- The applications can be filled up to 09/05/2023 till 6:00 PM.
- Click on final submit.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a printout of the finally submitted application.
Candidates should submit self-attested copies of the following documents:
- Age proof certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Economically Weaker Sections and Other Backward Classes where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/fee concession, where applicable.
- Certificate in support of being Person with Benchmark Disability Certificate (where applicable).