[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – May 20 2015
- Anti-Submarine Warefare ship Kavaratti launched in kolkata
- Indian PM gifts woven pashmina stoles to Korean President
- International Clinical Trials Day – May 20th 2015
- Economist Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri passed away
- Hungarian author Laszlo Krasznahorkai wins Man Booker International Prize
- Delhi government to launch Pay and Play scheme to promote sports
- Prestigious Radcliffe fellowship by Harvard university- Shivani Agarwal and Maharaja Pandit selected
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates 50th anniversary of India’s first historic climb of Mt. Everest in 1965
- President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 50th Anniversary of India’s first historic climb of Mt. Everest in 1965 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- This function was organized by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) to celebrate the historic climb of Mt. Everest in 1965 by an Indian team led by Captain Mohan Singh Kohli.
- On this day in 1965, Indian team of 21 mountaineers led by Captain M S Kohli of Indian Navy had successfully climbed world’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8848 m) after a series of three unsuccessful attempts in five years.
Tathagata Roy sworn-in as 16th Governor of Tripura
- Tathagata Roy on 20 May 2015 was sworn in as the 16th Governor of Tripura in Agartala.
- Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court Mr. Jc. Deepak Gupta administered the oath of office to him as per the provisions of Article 159 of Constitution of India.
- He replaced Padmanabh Balkrishna Acharya, Governor of Nagaland, who had held the additional charge of Tripura.
SBI inks pact with Amazon for payment
- State Bank of India today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with e-commerce player Amazon to develop payment and commerce solutions for customers and small businesses.
- The idea of the MoU is that we can try and give customers a good experience in both buying and selling,” SBI Chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya told reporters.
Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- Apple Inc. has acquired Coherent Navigation, a Bay Area Global Positioning System (GPS) startup, in an apparent effort to boost its mapping technology and services.
- A number of Coherent’s key employees, including its CEO Paul Lego, also recently began working for the Cupertino-based technology giant.
Bachchans invest in Ziddu.com
- Actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek Bachchan have invested $125,000 each in Ziddu.com, a Singapore-based website owned by Meridian Tech Pte Ltd.
- The $250,000 investment will fetch them a small, minority stake in the company whose valuation is around $ 71 million.
- A free cloud storage and e-distribution and micro payment platform founded by Venkata Srinivas Meenavalli, it has a development centre in Hyderabad.
12th South Asian Games 2015 to be held in Kerala
- 12th South Asian Games 2015 to be held in Kerala in November-December this year.75
- The Indian Olympic Association has allotted the 12th South Asian Games 2015 to Kerala to be held in November-December this year
- Kerala also hosted 35th National Games, which was held between January 31 to February 14.
South Asian Games –
- The South Asian Games (SAF Games, SAG, or SA games, & formerly known as South Asian Federation Games) are a bi-annual multi-sport event held among the athletes from South Asia.
- The governing body of these games is South Asian Sports Council (SASC), formed in 1983.
- At present, SAG are joined by eight members namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India,Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- The first South Asian Games were hosted by Kathmandu, Nepal in 1984 and have since been held every two years except for some occasions.
Actress Sudha Shivpuri passed away
- Veteran actress Sudha Shivpuri, who became a household name after essaying the role of ‘Baa’ in popular TV show “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, passed away.She was 77.
- She began her acting career at an early age in 1977 with Basu Chatterjee’s film Swami.
- She also acted in films like Hamari Bahu Alka, Insaaf Ka Tarazu, Vidhaata, Sawan Ko Aane Do, Burning Train, Maya Memsaab and Pinjar based on Amrita Pritam’s famous partition novel.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification