For the prestigious Radcliffe fellowship by Harvard University, two Indians Shivani Agarwal and Maharaja Pandit have been selected. They are one among 50 scholars,scientists and artists and they would be starting their one year fellowships at Radcliffe Institute in September 2015 .
- Shivani Agarwal from Indian institute of sciences IISc Bengaluru, is selected as William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Fellow for learning to make choices in big data
- Maharaja Pandit has been selected as Hardy fellow for his project life in Himalaya and he is from University of Delhi.
- It is considered as one of the most prestigious honors for faculty, only 3% of applicants were accepted this year.
- Radcliffe Institute Dean Lizabeth Cohen said that it was great honor to give time,space and intellectual stimulation to these innovative thinkers, to carry out their work.
Radcliffe Fellowship– some informations
- Radcliffe Fellowship by Harvard University is considered one of the prestigious honors for faculty.
- It is instituted by Radcliffe institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University.
- The fellowship is for creating and sharing ideas across arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- The fellowship supports the work of 50 leading scholars and artists all over the world.
Some details regarding Harvard University
- Harvard University is a private research university.
- Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Established in the year 1636.
- Its President is Drew Gilpin Faust.
- She was the first women president of Harvard.
- As per Academic Ranking of World Universities or ARWU, Harvard University is first rank since 2003 and also as per World Reputation Rankings since 2011.
- Some notable alumni from this university are Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg,Crown prince of Denmark,Gabe Newell, Benazir Bhutto etc
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru OR IISc– some information
- IISc is a public university for scientific research and higher education.
- It was established in the year 1909 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The institutes present director is Mr Anurag kumar. The institute ranks 11th in the world.
- Jamshedji Tata was the founder of IISc.
- The library of IISc is regarded as best Scientific and Technical libraries in India.
- Annual budget of this library is over Rs 100 million.