[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – May 19 2015
- Harkeert Singh Saini- Indo-American wins Prestigious Police Award in Texas
- Mumbai KEM Nurse Aruna Shanbaug died after 42-years in coma
- SBI Monthly Composite Index for the Month of May released
- Federal Bank Launches Co- Branded Credit card in partnership with SBI Cards
- 18-nation military exercise in Jordan
- 12th International Water Expo to be held in Mumbai
- GMR infra and GIIC ink MoU for Kakinada SEZ
- IMD inks MoU with POSOCO
Shanmuganthan to be sworn-in as new Governor of Meghalaya
- Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganathan was today sworn-in as the Governor of Meghalaya at the Raj Bhavan.
- Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court Uma Nath Singh administered the oath of office to Shanmuganathan at a solemn ceremony attended by Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and most of his cabinet colleagues.
- Shanmuganathan was appointed as the new Governor on May 12.
BJP MP S.S. Ahluwalia to head joint panel on Land Acquisition Amendment bill
- Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) MP Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia has been appointed as the chairman of a Joint Committee of Parliament that will look into the provisions of the Land Acquisition Amendment Bill, 2015.
- The joint committee will comprise of 30-members- 20 members from Lok Sabha and 10 from the Rajya Sabha.
Reliance Jio inks pact with Huawei for sourcing 4G devices
- Huawei will supply RJio with 4G devices which include smartphones, tablets and mifi dongles.
- This agreement will play an important role in RJio ambitious plans to launch 4G service by 2015 in around 5,000 towns and cities in India.
- It is mandatory for RJio and other Indian telecom companies to roll out the 4G services who had won broadband wireless access (BWA) spectrum in 2010 by August 31, 2015 as per the licensing agreement.These services must be rolled out in at least 90 per cent of the service areas, failing which the Department of Telecom (DoT) have the right to withdraw the radiowaves.
Livspace acquires Dwll.in
- Home design service provider Livspace today announced the acquisition of Dwll.In, a curated online network for interior designers.
- With this acquisition, Livspace aims to create a catalogue of designer looks for homeowners and the largest curated community marketplace of home designers.
Endo to acquire Par Pharma for $8 bn
- Irish pharma major Endo International Plc has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the US-based privately-held Par Pharmaceutical Holdings Inc from TPG in a transaction valued at $ 8.05 billion, including assumption of Par debt.
Himachal Pradesh to host Paragliding World Cup 2015
- Himachal Pradesh will host the Paragliding World Cup from 23 October to 31 October 2015 at Bir Billing in Kangra valley. The world cup will be held under the aegis of Para-gliding World Cup Association, France.
- This is for the first time that India will be hosting the Paragliding World Cup which will see participation from over 50 countries.
Yuki Bhambri, No.1 among Indian men
- Yuki Bhambri has a lot to celebrate. For the first time ever, the 22-year-old Delhi lad played the final of a clay court Challenger.
- The effort helped him reach 158 in the latest world rankings.
- the best for an Indian at the moment, ahead of Somdev Devvarman (172) and Saketh Myneni (196).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification