Prestigious award, ”Top Civilian Supervisor of the Year”, was presented to the 44 year old Indo-American policemen, Harkeert Singh Saini in a function that took place at Hyatt Regency Hotel recently in Houston. He was conferred with this award for his efficient services to Houston Police department, in the Texas state of USA.
- He received this award from Mayor of Houston Anise Parker and Chief of Police Charles A McClelland.
- Harkeert Singh belongs to Hoshiarpur district of Punjab, who completed his graduation from Deshbandu College in New Delhi.
- He settled in Houston,Texas in 1998 and joined Houston Police Department in the year 2000.
- He was promoted as office supervisor in his 15years of dedicated service.
- Senior police officer Muzaffar Siddiqi told saini was worthy enough to be awarded this prestigious award and felt proud of Saini’s achievements.
- Many community leaders including Gurdip Singh Buttar,Gurnam Singh Sandar,Ajinder singh Dutt were present and congratulated Harkeert Singh Saini’s achievement.
Some facts about Houston Police Department or HPD
- It is a major law enforcing agency serving the city of Houston,Texas.
- It was established in the year 1841.
- Its headquarters is at Downtown,Houston.
- The main aim of this HPD is to increase the quality of life in Houston by working with the public within USA constitution in order to enforce the laws.
- Reduce fear and provide great deal of safety for publics are its other objectives.
- The present Agency executive is Charles McClelland .
City of Houston- some facts and figures
- Houston is 4th most populous city in USA with population about 2.2million people in 2013.
- It was founded in the year 1836 and was incorporated as city in the year 1837.
- Houston forms the most populous city in the state of Texas.
- It is beginning or end point of numerous oil,natural gas and product pipelines.
- Houston is also the largest city in Southern United States.