[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – May 15 2015
- Presidential awards for Classical Tamil conferred by Indian President
- World’s first fully warm-blooded fish discovered
- Six children receive Ghanshyam Binani Children’s Bravery Award for 2014
- Bronze medal for Gagan Narang in the World Cup
- M.J. Joseph appointed as controller general of accounts in the Finance Ministry
- ISRO to commission new multi object tracking radar (MOTR) to trace space debris
- Govt to disinvest 5 % in NTPC and 10 % in Indian Oil
MHRD Gave Nod For Setting Up IIIT in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) gave an in-principle approval for setting up an IIIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology) in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- It will be the first IIIT to be set up in the state.
- The IIIT will join a batch of national institutes which are set to come up in the city, namely the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
- The setting up of these higher educational institutions in Nagpur is aimed at improving educational infrastructure in the backward Vidarbha region.
India pavilion inaugurated by Rajyavardhan Rathore at Cannes 2015
- MoS for Information and Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Singh, inaugurated the India pavilion at the 68th session of the film festival.
- It will showcase Indian cinema’s cultural and lingual diversity through trailers,etc. and aims to boost co production opportunities between India and foreign nations.
- The unveiling of the 46th IFFI,2015 Regulations and launching of India film guide was also done by him.
Two Indian films- Chauthi Koot by Gurvinder Singh and Masan by Neeraj Ghaywans are the Indian entries in Cannes.
E-visas for Chinese Nationals
- PM launched this facility at Tshingua University, through which Chinese applicants can apply for visas online, a few days before they plan to travel.
- This seeks to boost MoU on tourism cooperation as 2015 & 2016 have been chosen as Visit India & Visit China years respectively.
- Less than 2 lakhs Chinese visited India last year.
Indian origin boy working with Microsoft, developing braille printers
- 13 years old- California based, Shubham Banerjee, who is credited with the invention of a low cost Braille printer with his Lego toys, is now working with Microsoft.
- They plan to integrate the printer with Windows so as to make it accessible to the target users. They plan to launch the product commercially in November.
- By his invention he had reduced the price of braille printers by 82% and further targeted a price of $500 or less.
New MD and CEO of Syndicate Bank
- Arun Shrivastava assumed charge as the new MD and CEO of Syndicate Bank.
- Prior to this, he was the Executive Director of Bank Of India and looked after the foreign subsidiaries – BOI of Indonesia and Botswana.
- He is a certified member of Association of Indian Institution of Banks ( AIMB ).
B B King, the king of Blues, dies at 89
- B B King, the Blues legend who redefined an era with classics like ‘The Thrill Is Gone,” “Please Love Me,” and “My Lucille,” has died at the age of 89.
- Riley B King, better known to his fans around the globe as B B King, was born September 16, 1925, on a plantation in Itta Bena, Mississippi.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification