14th Gnanashyam Binani Children Bravery Awards were presented to six children below the age of 16 at a ceremony that took place on Monday the 11th of May 2015 in Mumbai. Two of these children are posthumous winners.
- Cash prize of Rs 51,000 to be used for their education, silver medal and a certificate of recognition and citation are those for which the children are entitled.
- Totally 74 nominations were received from all over India.
- Akshay Tambe, Victor Lalbeiseia,Ashwini Ugadhe, Mhonbeni Ezung.
- Shaurya Veer Singh and Rhea Chaudhary got the award posthumously.
- Shaurya got the award for the fight he put up when three criminals barged into their house for stealing. Inspite trying hard to save his mother, he was killed by those criminals.
- Rhea was alone studying inside her home when she heard of commotion outside where her parents and uncle were surrounded by armed criminals firing at them.
- Rhea then lost her life when she took a bullet on her chest to save her dad .
Regarding Gnanshyam Binani Foundation
- It is a non profitable charitable organization of Braj Binani Group.
- It started in the year 1958 to help the needy and support for a good cause.
- Its founder Chairman is late Seth Govardandas Binani and late Gnanshyam Binani was Vice Chairman.
- Foundation mainly focuses on education, health.
Gnanshyam Binani- the man responsible for this foundation
- Gnanshyam Binani was born in 1932.
- He was a businessman with interests in non ferrous metals trading .
- He has been president of Indian Non-Ferrous Metals Manufacture Association.
- Binani died in the year 1998.
Other related awards in bravery- National Bravery Award
- These awards are annual awards given to 24 Indian children for their great act of bravery.
- These awards are given by Government of India and Indian Council of Child Welfare.
- The first award was given in the year 1957.
- Especially for children of the age six to eighteen these awards are given.