We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 5 & 6 January 2020, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2020 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs January 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
171 hospitals de-empanelled & Rs 4.5 cr fine imposed for fraud under Ayushman Bharat scheme
On January 03, 2020 the National Health Authority(NHA) which is the apex body regulating and implementing Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme, Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB- PMJAY) has de-empanelled a total of 171 hospitals and also imposed penalty of Rs 4.5 crore on hospitals for committing fraud and indulging in malpractices under the Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme.
- 6 hospitals in Uttarakhand and Jharkhand have been lodged and FIR (Firs Information Report).
- Violations detected by NAFU: The National Anti-Fraud Unit (NAFU) that is responsible for conducting regular medical audits to check any medical violations under the Ab-PMJAY scheme, detected suspect e-cards on the basis of algorithms developed internally by it and shared with states for due diligence and action.
- The PMJAY health insurance cover provides health cover of Rs 5 lakh per family and not just Rs 5 lakh per e-card. There is no package under the scheme which is free for government. But there are reserved packages reserved by the govt hospitals such as abuse-prone packages and these were misused by private hospitals….Click here to Read More
Eight States finalized Agriculture Export Policy by the Government of India
On January 5, 2020, As per Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), eight states namely Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Punjab, and Karnataka finalized an action plan for Agriculture Export Policy (AEP) to enhance exports.
i.Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) ensures the involvement of states in AEP.
ii.A MoU was signed with the National Cooperative Development Corporation to include co-operatives for an active role in AEP.
iii.Agriculture Export Policy was approved by the Union Cabinet in 2018. This policy also helps the government in achieving the target of doubling the farmer’s income from 30 billion USD to 60 billion USD by 2022….Click here to Read More
Chandigarh railway station is fifth in the country and first in North India to inaugurate Navigation facilities for visually impaired
On January 5, 2020 Navigation facilities for visually impaired was inaugurated in Chandigarh railway station in Mohali, Punjab by Shri Gurinder Mohan Singh, Divisional Railway Manager- Ambala Division. It is fifth in the country and first in North India to have this facility for visually impaired.
i.It was developed by Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) and Makemytrip Foundation through NGO (Non-government organization) ‘Anuprayaas’.
ii.Braille Tactile Map, signages are also installed. This helps the visually impaired passengers to find their needs in the Chandigarh railway station.
iii.Mysuru Railway Station in Karnataka was India’s first visually impaired-friendly railway station inaugurated in Nov 2015.
State Animal- Blackbuck
State Bird- Northern goshawk
State Tree- Indian Rosewood
State Flower- Lilium
2019 Forest Survey of India report: one-fifth (21.40%) of India’s forests prone to fires
According to a 2019 report by the Forest Survey of India (FSI) which was based on a study carried out along forest fire points (FFP) identified across the country from 2004 to 2017, about 21.40% of forest cover of the country has been prone to fires. Among the total forest areas, the northeastern region in the country was found to be more vulnerable.
- Highest fire alerted state: Mizoram topped among all the states with the highest number of fire alerts at 2,795.
- FFPs identified: The forest fire points (FFP) identified during the 13 years (2004-2017) were 2,77,758. These FFPs were identified using moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer (MODIS) on a 5 km x 5 km grid coverage.
- Alerts issued: The total number of alerts issued in all the Indian states from November 2018 to June 2019 were 29,547. The 7 States of the north-eastern region accounted for a total of 10,210 fire alerts that resulted in 1/3rd of alerts in the country….Click here to Read More
Uttar Pradesh became 1st state to shortlist migrants for citizenship
On January 05, 2020 Uttar Pradesh (UP) became the 1st state in India to conduct an exercise to shortlist migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan for eligibility under the new Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) 2019. This exercise will also eventually identify the people living illegally in UP.
i.All the 75 district magistrates of UP have been asked to track down migrants from the above three countries who have settled without citizenship for decades. Migrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh were reported to be found mainly in Lucknow, Hapur, Rampur, Shahjahanpur, Noida and Ghaziabad cities of UP.
ii.The state government will also update the Ministry of Home Affairs(MoHA) on illegal Muslim migrants in the state and they could also be deported back to their countries.
About Uttar Pradesh (UP):
Chief minister- Yogi Adityanath.
Governor- Anandiben Patel.
National Parks(NP)- Dudhwa NP.
Wild Life Sanctuaries(WLS)- Bakhiara WLS, Hastinapur WLS, Katarniaghat WLS, Kishanpur WLS.
Amit Shah to head group of ministers to examine the proposed National Tariff Policy
On January 05, 2020 the minister of Home Affairs (MoHA) Shri Amit Shah will head the Group of Ministers (GOM) to discuss and examine the proposed National Tariff Policy 2016. Before being sent to Shri Amit Shah, the draft policy was first sent for approval to the cabinet secretariat. The policy if implemented, will bring a major reform in the stressed power sector but is opposing by the state govts and discoms (Distribution Companies) due to clauses like penalties for load shedding.
- GoM: The interministerial group will have 10 ministers comprising of 8 ministers in the cabinet rank and 2 ministers with independent charge.
Draft policy proposals:
- Cross subsidies on industries should not exceed 20%.
- State electricity regulators and Joint Electricity Regulatory Commissions should not allowdiscoms to pass through transmission, Aggregate Technical and commercial (AT&C) losses beyond 15% in consumer tariffs….Click here to Read More
Top Iran general Qassem Soleimani killed at Baghdad airport in US airstrikes
On January 03, 2020 Iran’s most powerful military commander,General Qassem Soleimani, who was the head (since 1998) of the Quds Force, a unit of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) was killed in an American drone airstrike at Baghdad International Airport in Iraq. The airstrike was conducted by the order of United States(US) President Donald Trump. Soleimani was seen as the 2nd most powerful person in Iran after Iran’s supreme leader Sayyid Ali Hosseini Khamenei.
- New Iran Military general: An Iranian general Esmail Ghaani replaced Qassem Soleimani as the next military commander of Iran. After taking over the position, he also called for the expulsion of all American troops from Iraqi soil.
- Iraqi commander killed: Apart from Soleimani, at least seven people were believed to have been died which also included Iraqi militia leader Mujahideen Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. Abu Mahdi was an Iraqi-Iranian politician and military commander who was the deputy chief of Iraq’s paramilitary Hashd Shaabi forces….Click here to Read More
BANKING & FINANCE
Indian Bank signed MoU with TN’s WEWA to provide credit for business establishments
On January 03, 2020, the Indian bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Women Entrepreneurs Welfare Association (WEWA) of Tamil Nadu(TN) to provide training and credit linkage to its women entrepreneurs to establish business.
i.The Indian bank will provide loans to the WEWA members at discounted rates. Training will be given to the WEWA members in the INDSETIs (Indian Bank Self Employment Training Institutes)
ii.WEWA target: The WEWA currently aims to add 1,000 members by 2023.
About Indian Bank:
Founder- Ramaswami Chettiar.
Founded- 15 August 1907.
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Chief Executive Officer(CEO) & Managing Director(MD)- Ms. Padmaja Chunduru
Tagline- Your Own Bank; Taking Banking Technology to the Common Man; Your Tech Friendly Bank
IRDAI: Health insurance cover in the name ‘Arogya Sanjeevani’ mandatory for insurance companies
On January 02, 2020 the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has mandated all the health and General Insurance Companies(GICs) to offer 1st of its kind standardised health insurance products (SHIP) in the name “Arogya Sanjeevani” policy with effect from April 1, 2020. All the health products offered by those companies will be succeeded by this name. It is to be noted that no health insurance companies will mention any other name other than the standard name of Arogya Sanjeevani in any of the documents.
- Insurance limit: Under the Arogya Sanjeevani plan, the minimum sum insured will be Rs. 1 lakh while the maximum sum insured limit will be Rs. 5 lakhs (in multiples of 50,000). The health insurance plan should be offered with a policy term of one year.
- Eligibility: Any person aged between 18-65 (inclusive of 18 & 65 years of age) eligible for the Arogya Sanjeevani policy….Click here to Read More
PayPal India launches adoption assistance programme for employees
On January 3, 2020, In order to promote parental support benefits for employees, online digital payments player, PayPal India Private Limited has launched a new Adoption Assistance Program, where it will be offering financial assistance of up to Rs 1 lakh per adoption for the parents. It is being effective from December 2019.
i.On the other hand, the new policy will also covers reimbursement of adoption expenses such as CARA (Central Adoption Resource Authority) registration, child placement, foster care and establishment of legal guardianship.
ii.The company provides paid adoption leave of 16 weeks for female employees, maternity leave of 26 weeks, paternity leave of 2 weeks,Childcare@PayPal, where children can be enrolled in a nearby daycare centre/reimbursement of monthly daycare expenses of up to Rs. 10,000.
About PayPal India:
Headquarters– Varthur, Karnataka
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
HAL inks pact with Wipro 3D to make aerospace components
On January 02, 2020, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), an Indian state-owned aerospace & defence company, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Wipro 3D,the metal additive manufacturing (AM) business of Wipro Infrastructure Engineering (WIN), to jointly design, develop and manufacture aerospace components using metal additive technology (Three Dimensional (3D) printing).
i.This MoU will enable both partners to develop, prove and apply new material in the production of aerospace applications, including Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
ii.3D printing : It is a modern manufacturing technique, which uses solid material such as plastic or metal as ink to print or manufacture the desired object layer by layer, also called additive printing.
These desired objects with special dimensions are given into a computer to 3D print required specimens using the molten ink, which later solidifies.
About Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):
Founded– 1940 (as Hindustan Aircraft) &1964 (Renamed Hindustan Aeronautics)
Headquarters– Bangalore, Karnataka
Chairman & MD– R Madhavan
About Wipro 3D:
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
It is the 1st Indian company to locally develop an industry-grade metal-additive 3D-printing machine, jointly with the Indian Institution of Science (IISc),Bangalore.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Singular ‘they’ voted word of the decade by US linguists
On January 3,2020 A jury of 350 US (United States) linguists of the American Dialect Society (ADS) chose ‘they’ as their Word of the Decade to recognize its growing use to refer to a person whose gender identity is non-binary. The most popular pick for the Word of the Year 2019 was “(my) pronouns”.
i.‘they’ is an indication that how a personal expression of gender identity has become an increasing part of our shared discourse.
ii.The recognition comes after US dictionary Merriam-Webster in December named ‘they’ as word of the year.
iii.The American Dialect Society had previously named “they” word of the year in 2015.
American Dialect Society:
It was founded in 1889 and dedicated to the study of the English language in North America.
President– Luanne Vonne Schneidemesser
New Words Committee chairman-Ben Zimmer
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATION
Umaro Mokhtar Sissoco Embalo wins the Guinea-Bissau’s presidential electionUmaro Mokhtar Sissoco Embalo won the West African state of Guinea-Bissau’s Presidential election. He succeeded President Jose Mario Gomes Vaz. Umaro belongs to Madem G15 party.
i.Embalo served as Prime Minister between 2016 and 2018.
ii.Embalo is nicknamed as “The General”, a reference to his rank as reserve brigadier quit from the army in the early 1990s.
iii.He defected former ex-Prime Minister Domingos Simoes Pereira of African Party for the Independence of Guinea and Cape Verde (PAIGC).
iv.He wants to resolve the political tensions in the country which have seen nine coups since 1974.
Currency- West African CFA franc
Karur Vysya Bank MD and CEO P R Seshadri resigns On January 4, 2020 P R Seshadri, MD (Managing Director) and CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Karur Vysya Bank has resigned from the position citing personal reasons, which was accepted by the Bank’s Board of Directors.
i.P R Seshadri will be relieved on 31st March 2020.
ii.Following the retirement of his predecessor K.Venkatraman on August 31,2017. Mr.Seshadri took charge on September 1,2017 as MD and CEO of the bank for a period of 3 years.
About Karur Vysya Bank:
Tagline- Smart Way to Bank.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO signs an agreement with IIA to set up optical telescopes
On January 2, 2020, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed a pact with Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) to establish an Optical telescope under ‘Project NETRA’ (NEtwork for space object TRacking and Analysis) for tracking space objects.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Isro and IIA was signed by ISRO scientific secretary R.Umamaheswaran and IIA director Annapurni Subramanium during a meet in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i.Recently, ISRO has also tied up with NIT-Karnataka (National Institute of Technology) at Surathkal in Dakshina Kannada to set up a regional academic center for space to promote research and development in space.
ii.Rs.2 Crore will be provided annually by ISRO to NIT for Research and Development activities.
i.Project Netra– Launched by ISRO in September 2019 with an outlay of Rs 400 crore.
ii.Aim- The Project will help India detect threats to Indian Satellites from debris and other hazards.
Founded- 15 August 1969.
Chairman- Kailasavadivoo Sivan.
Indian Army to sign MoU with Russia for 7.5 lakh AK-203 assault rifles procurement
The Indian Army is to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)in a month for the procurement of over 7.5 lakh AK-203 assault rifles. These rifles will be manufactured locally by an India-Russia joint venture (JV) with 1lakh rifles to come directly from Russia, remaining 6.5 lakh rifles will be manufactured by the JV.
- The Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited (IRRPL) at Amethi district’s Korwa town in Uttar Pradesh will manufacture the rifles. The factory is a joint-venture of the Ordnance Factory Board(OFB) of India and Rosoboron Exports and Kalashnikov of Russia.
- Stake holdings: OFB holds 50.5% equity and Russia holds the remaining 49.5% stake. The JV was formed by an intergovernmental agreement between India and Russia in February 2019.
- CEO of IRRPL: To regulate the timely delivery of rifles, the Army has appointed Major General Sanjeev Senger as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of IRRPL….Click here to Read More
Red brittle star “Ophiocoma wendtii” becomes the 2nd creature to exhibit extraocular vision : UK scientistsOn January 4, 2020, For the 1st time, Scientists from the University of Oxford in England, United Kingdom(UK), have shown that a starfish-like species called “red brittle star (Ophiocoma wendtii)” lives in the coral reefs of the Caribbean Sea, can see even though it does not have eyes/ the ability to exhibit extraocular vision. It has become only the 2nd creature, after a sea urchin species, known to have this ability.
i.In both species, extraocular vision is said to be facilitated by the photoreceptor cells found on their bodies.
ii.A light-sensing cells that cover its whole body, give the species visual stimuli to recognise coarse structures such as rocks.
iii.Exhibits a dramatic color change is the eye-catching feature of the red brittle star. While the creature is deep red during the day, it changes its colour to beige at night.
iv.The study has been published in the journal Current Biology.
Red brittle star:
These species with five radiating arms extending from a central disk, are related to starfish (also called sea stars), sea cucumbers, sea urchins and others in a group of marine invertebrates called echinoderms. They have a nervous system but no brain.
India’s all-rounder cricketer Irfan Pathan announces retirement On January 4, 2020, 35 years old, all rounder cricketer from Vadodara, Gujarat, Irfan Pathan (nicknamed Guddu) has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
i.He played last match for India against Sri Lanka in 2012.
ii.Irfan Pathan is currently performing the role of mentor-cum-coach for the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket team.
i.Pathan picked up 3 wickets in his four overs against Pakistan in finals and was named as man-of-the-match in T-20 World Cup 2007.
ii.Pathan is a left-arm medium-fast bowler featured in 29 Tests,120 ODIs (One Day International) and 24 T20Is (Twenty 20 International) for India.
CM- Vijay Rupani.
Governor- Acharya Devvrat.
Indian Sports Ministry gave ‘in principle’ approval to hold shooting and archery in 2022 CWG
On January 4, 2020, the Sports Ministry has given ‘in principle’ approval to hold the Commonwealth Games shooting and archery events in India. These events will be held under the aegis of the Commonwealth Games (CWG) Friendship Program in March 2022.
i.Last year CWG has decided to exclude shooting event in 2022 CWG but the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) was against the decision.
ii.India won 66 medals including 26 golds in 2018 CWG in Gold Coast, Australia and also won 16 medals in Shooting event.
About CWG 2022:
Place- Birmingham, United Kingdom (UK)
Mascot- Mistar Urdd
Motto- Are you Game?
About Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister- Kiren Rijiju (constituency– Arunachal West)
Indian Olympic Association:
President- Narinder Batra
Indian batsman Rohit Sharma lays foundation of International cricket stadium in Hyderabad, Telangana
On January 3, 2020, India’s cricket batsman, Rohit Gurunath Sharma has laid the foundation of the Cricket Stadium and Training Center at ‘Heartfulness Institute’s headquarters in Hyderabad, Telangana. The cricket stadium has been named as “Rohit Sharma Cricket stadium” by spiritual guru Kamlesh Patel.
i.This stadium is 138 meters in diameter and has all modern facilities being made available for the students of Heartfulness centre.
Overview of 63rd National Shooting championship competitions 2019 held in Bhopal, MP
The 63rd National Shooting Championship Competitions (NSCC) 2019 in Small Bore Rifle & Pistol events (including Para events) was held at Shooting Academy Shooting Ranges, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (MP) from 7th December 2019 – 4th January 2020.
It was jointly organized and conducted by the National Rifle Association of India(NRAI) &MP State Shooting Academy.
i.Shooter Zeena Khitta of Himachal Pradesh has won the gold medal of the 10-meter air rifle event.
ii.Manu Bhaker of Haryana has bagged 4 gold medals (individual and team events in senior and junior) in the women’s 10 meter air pistol event.
iii.Shooter Anish Bhanwala has clinched gold medal in the senior men’s 25 meter rapid fire pistol event.
iv.Top shooter, Saurabh Chaudhary has won the gold medal in the men’s 10 meter air pistol event.
v.Vijayveer won the 25m Standard Pistol for Men, Junior Men and the Junior Men’s Team Gold medals.
vi.In the men’s 50m pistol event, World Championship silver medalist Jitu Rai gave a team gold….Click here to Read More
Former Karnataka Governor and Padma Vibhushan awardee T N Chaturvedi passes away at 90On January 5, 2020 former Karnataka Governor Triloki Nath Chaturvedi passed away in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He was 90. He served as the Governor of Karnataka from 2002-2007.
About T N Chaturvedi:
i.Born on January 18, 1929 in Tirwaganj town of Uttar Pradesh, he was an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer and held the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India from 1984 to 1989.
ii.He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1991.
iii.In 2004 he also served as the Governor of Kerala.
iv.Government Auditing, Auditing Receipts, Auditing Science and Technology are some of the books authored by T V chaturvedi.
Former MP of India’s 1st Lok Sabha, Bahadur Singh passed away at 94 in Bihar
On January 05, 2020, Former Member of Parliament (MP) of the country’s 1st Lok Sabha – constituted in 1952 and last maharaja of erstwhile Dumraon Raj (zamindari estate) Kamal Bahadur Singh passed away at the age of 94 in Buxar district of Bihar due to old age ailments.
i.Kamal Bahadur Singh was the only surviving MP of the first Lok Sabha of India. After the independence movement Kamal Singh contributed mainly to the education and social development sectors in Shahabad city of Uttar Pradesh.
ii.He was elected as MP as an independent candidate from Shahabad in 1st general election after independence. Kamal Singh also won the second Lok Sabha election held in 1957 as an independent candidate from Buxar parliamentary constituency which then came into existence.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Malayali novelist A Sethumadhavan’s first English novel, ‘The Cuckoo’s Nest’ published
Malayali novelist A Sethumadhavan’s ‘The Cuckoo’s Nest’ is his first novel in English and was published by Niyogi Books. In this book, the author attempts to fight against the division in society through the character of the eternal optimist, Madam Agatha, a former nun and also other Indian girl-child raised in an orthodox community. The story progresses to show how these ‘birds’ take flight and become self-reliant.
About A Sethumadhavan:
i.A Sethumadhvan who was popularly known as Sethu was born on June 5, 1942 in Chendamangalam village in Kerala.
ii.Velutha koodarangal, Thaliyola, Kiratham, Niyogam, Sethuvinte Kathakal and Kaimudrakal are some of his literary works.
iii.He bagged many awards including the Vayalar award, Odakkuzhal award, and Kerala Sahitya Akademi award.
iv.He worked in Central government departments in North India, Indian Meteorological, in-state bank group and also in Corporation Bank and South Indian Bank.
MP cabinet approves Mukhyamantri karmachari swasthya bima yojana rollout from April 1,2020
On January 5, 2020, Madhya Pradesh (MP) state Cabinet led by its Chief Minister (CM), Kamal Nath has approved the Mukhya Mantri Karmachari Swasthya Bima Yojana (Chief Minister Employees Health Insurance Scheme) implementation from April 1 ,2020 for the welfare of all 12.55 lakh employees of the state.
Benefits of the scheme: Under this, Rs 5 lakh for general illness and 10 lakh for critical illness & Cashless treatment facility up to Rs 10,000 per annum in OPD(Outpatient Department) will be provided / free medicines will be distributed.
Beneficiaries: All the current and retired employees of the state will get the benefit of the scheme…..Click here to Read More
New Zealand batsman Leo Carter becomes seventh cricketer to hit six sixes in an over
Leo Carter, the first New Zealand batsman, became the seventh player in world cricket to hit 6 sixes across all formats in both domestic and international levels and only the fourth batsman to achieve the feat in T20(Twenty20) Cricket.
******Current Affairs 5 & 6 January 2020 Headlines******
- 171 hospitals de-empanelled & ₹4.5 cr fine imposed for fraud under Ayushman Bharat scheme
- Eight States were selected under Agriculture Export Policy by the Government of India
- Chandigarh railway station is fifth in the country and first in North India to inaugurate Navigation facilities for visually impaired
- 2019 Forest Survey of India report: one-fifth (21.40%) of India’s forests prone to fires
- Uttar Pradesh became 1st state to shortlist migrants for citizenship
- Amit Shah to head group of ministers to examine the proposed National Tariff Policy
- Top Iran general Qassem Soleimani killed at Baghdad airport in US airstrikes
- Indian Bank signed MoU with TN’s WEWA to provide credit for business establishments
- IRDAI: Health insurance cover in the name ‘Arogya Sanjeevani’ mandatory for insurance companies
- PayPal India launches adoption assistance programme for employees
- HAL inks pact with Wipro 3D to make aerospace components
- Singular ‘they’ voted word of the decade by US linguists
- Umaro Mokhtar Sissoco Embalo wins the Guinea-Bissau’s presidential election
- Karur Vysya Bank MD and CEO P R Seshadri resigns
- ISRO signs an agreement with IIA to set up optical telescopes
- Indian Army to sign MoU for 7.5 lakh AK-203 assault rifles procurement
- Red brittle star “Ophiocoma wendtii” becomes the 2nd creature to exhibit extraocular vision : UK scientists
- India’s all-rounder cricketer Irfan Pathan announces retirement
- Indian Sports Ministry gave ‘in principle’ approval to hold shooting and archery in 2022 CWG
- India’s star batsman Rohit sharma lays foundation of International cricket stadium in Hyderabad, Telangana
- Overview of 63rd National Shooting championship competitions 2019 held in Bhopal, MP
- Former Karnataka Governor and Padma Vibhushan awardee T N Chaturvedi passes away at 90
- Former MP Kamal Bahadur Singh passed away at the age of 94 in Bihar
- Malayali novelist A Sethumadhavan’s first English novel, ‘The Cuckoo’s Nest’ published
- MP cabinet approves Mukhyamantri karmchari swasthya bima yojana rollout from April 1,2020
- New Zealand batsman Leo Carter becomes seventh cricketer to hit six sixes in an over
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Read Current Affairs January 2020[/su_button]