We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 28 & 29 March 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
ISRO partners with IIST to undertake Joint Research ActivitiesIndian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has partnered with Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) to undertake Joint Research Activities. The partnership model will be similar to the JPL-Caltech model followed by US Space Agency NASA.
- JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) is funded by NASA & managed by Caltech (California Institute of Technology). It is the leading centre for robotic exploration of the solar system and conducts Earth-orbit and astronomy missions.
- Under the initiative ‘New, advanced, futuristic projects’ which have not been undertaken so far by ISRO will be taken up for development.
Initiatives taken under the Partnership
- A Framework has been framed with Capacity Building Programme Office (CBPO).It will act as a focal point for coordinating Joint research activities between the 2 entities.
- Advanced Space Research Group created to identify application-oriented research projects of importance.
- Constitution of an Empowered Overseeing Committee to review and approve the proposals.
About Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST):
Director – Dr. V. K. Dadhwal
Location – Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
<<Read Full News>>
MoU signed for implementation of City-Specific Action Plans in 132 cities under NCAPOn March 26, 2021, Representatives of State Pollution Control Boards, Urban Local Bodies & Institutes of Repute (IoR) for 132 identified cities signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for implementation of city specific action plans under National Clean Air Programme (NCAP). The MoU was signed in the presence of Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
- 82 Knowledge Partners & Institutes of Repute (IITs, CSIR labs & State Engineering Colleges) have been roped in to help the 132 Non-Attainment cities implement their action plans for reducing air pollution.
- A National Knowledge Network consisting of leading air quality specialists has been constituted as a technical advisory group for supporting activities under NCAP. It will also guide local Institutes of Repute (IoRs) in conducting air quality research.
- NCAP, a national level strategy aims to tackle air pollution by achieving 20%-30% reduction in Particulate Matter concentrations (i.e. PM2.5 and PM10) in at least 102 cities by 2024 (with 2017 as base year).
- During the event, an agreement was signed between Noida & Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh with IIT Delhi. IIT Delhi will act as a knowledge partner to help the cities achieve their target.
About Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC):
Union Minister – Prakash Javadekar (Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra)
Minister of State – Babul Supriyo (Lok Sabha MP, Constituency – Asansol, West Bengal)
<<Read Full News>>
CESL Signed A Pact With CSC SPV To Demand Aggregation For E-mobility & Other Initiatives of CESLi.On 26th March 2021, Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) signed a pact with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) to create a demand aggregation for the electric mobility(e-mobility), solar, energy efficiency solutions and other initiatives of CESL.
ii.Mahua Acharya Managing Director & CEO of CESL and Dinesh Kumar Tyagi Managing Director of CSC SPV signed the agreement in the presence of Saurabh Kumar Executive Chairperson of EESL Group and other dignitaries of EESL, CESL and CSC.
iii.Under this agreement CESL and CSC will aggregate the demand and carry out the feasibility studies for the project in renewables (decentralised solar), energy efficiency (solar micro-grids, solar-based agricultural pump-sets), e-mobility (EV charging stations, battery charging stations and battery swapping stations), and battery energy storage systems.
About Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL):
CESL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Efficient Services Limited (EESL).
Managing Director & CEO– Mahua Acharya
About CSC Special Purpose Vehicle(CSC SPV):
CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle.
It was set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT under the Companies Act, 1956.
Purpose – to oversee the implementation of the CSC scheme.
Managing Director- Dinesh Kumar Tyagi
<<Read Full News>>
Andaman & Nicobar attains 100% Functional Household Tap Connection under Jal Jeevan Mission
On World Water Day, 22nd March 2021, Lt. Governor of Andaman & Nicobar, Admiral D K Joshi, announced the Union territory (UT) as 100% Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). With this Andaman & Nicobar becomes India’s 1st UT and the 3rd state/UT to achieve the target (only after Goa & Telangana).
- Further the UT is planning to convert Jal Shakti Mission into a People’s Mission, where every house shall have a pond with fish, besides Water harvesting.
- Target of JJM-Tap Water connection to all rural households by 2024.
Harsh Vardhan addressed India TB Summit 2021
On 20th March,2021, Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan virtually addressed the India TB Summit 2021.The theme for the summit is “Reimagining TB Care in India“.The Summit was organized by Survivors Against TB & Pi Consulting & hosted in partnership with The Indian Express. Note – World TB Day is observed on 24th March, 2021.
- Target- India targets to eradicate Tuberculosis by 2025, five years ahead of United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals target – 2030.
- Last year, government disbursed more than ₹ 249.43 cr to over 11.10 lakh patients under Nikshay Poshan Yojana, which will provide Rs.500/ month for tuberculosis patients to buy food.
JNPT Signed Rs 100 Crore Pact with CNB Logitech
On 26th March, 2021, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with CNB Logitech of Rs 100 crore per annum to monitor, track and optimise the movement of 50 lakh containers in EXIM trade.
i.This MoU will help to achieve India’s maritime vision of 2030 by enhancing efficiencies.
ii.With this MoU, CNB Logitech will be able to monitor over 50% of India’s container movement in EXIM trade.
Note – JNPT also known as Nhava Sheva Port, is the largest container port in India
JNPT: Chairman – Sanjay Sethi; Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Afghan Foreign Minister Mohammad Haneef Atmar Visited India on March 22 to 23, 2021
H.E. Mohammad Haneef Atmar, Foreign Minister of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is on a 2 day visit to India from March 22 & 23, 2021.During the visit, External Affairs Minister(EAM), S. Jaishankar & Mohammad Haneef Atmar chaired the Strategic Partnership Council (SPC), under the aegis of the India – Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Agreement.
- This was Mohammad Haneef Atmar’s 1st visit to India after becoming Foreign Affairs Minister of Afghanistan.
- Both Countries discussed focusing on strengthening the India – Afghanistan Strategic Partnership, particularly cooperation in the areas of political, security, trade, economic, capacity development, education, social and cultural relations.
Only 11% Low-income countries make their data open: WDR 2021 ReportAccording to the ‘World Development Report 2021 : Data for better lives’ (WDR 2021) released by World Bank Group, Most countries across the globe shy away from an Open-data policy. It states that only 11% low-income countries made available a license classifiable as ‘open’.
Gaps in Data on women & Girls
- The report states that gaps in data on women and girls were severe: Only 10 of the 54 gender-specific indicators (19%) in the UN SDG goals were available.
The report has provided an assessment of openness of data, by income group
|Openness Score (0-100)||38||47||50||66|
Indian e-commerce rules biased: WDR report
According to the World Bank’s World Development Report titled ‘Stronger Data Systems Needed to Fight Poverty’, India’s e-commerce regulations may be biased towards local companies, thus failing to provide a level playing field to foreign platforms.
About World Bank Group
President – David Malpass
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
<<Read Full News>>
Stad Ship Tunnel-World’s 1st Ship Tunnel to be constructed at Norwayi.The World’s 1st Ship Tunnel, ‘Stad Ship Tunnel’ is to be constructed in Norway. The tunnel will run underneath the mountains in Norway’s Stadhavet peninsula and will help ships to cross the Stadhavet sea.
ii.It will be constructed by Norwegian Coastal Administration.The works on the bridge will commence in 2022 and are expected to get completed by 2025-26.
iii.The tunnel project is part of the Norwegian government’s National Transport Plan for the period 2014-2023, which aims to identify projects to transfer 25% of all goods transported by road to sea and rail modes.
iv.It measures 1, 700 metres long, 37 metres high & 26.5 metres wide.Capacity of Tunnel:It is capable of holding ships of up to 16,000 tonnes (16,000 long tons; 18,000 short tons).Fund Allocation: The Estimated cost for building the ship tunnel is 2.8 billion Norwegian kroner (~ USD 330 million).The Tunnel will connect the Kjødepollen bay and Vanylvsfjorden.
Prime Minister – Erna Solberg
Capital – Oslo
Currency – Norwegian Krone (NOK)
<<Read Full News>>
COVID-19 pushes back India’s USD 5 Trillion GDP goal by 3 years to FY 2031-32-BofA Securities ReportAccording to a Bank of America(BofA) Securities Report, COVID-19 pandemic is expected to delay India’s ambitious target of becoming the 3rd Largest Economy by 3 years to FY 2031-32 from FY 29-30.(i.e.Indian Government has set a target of becoming a USD 5 Trillion economy by 2030).
- The pandemic has already shaved off 15.7% of India’s GDP from 2020.
- According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook released in February 2020, India is the 5th Largest economy in the world.
India’s Domestic Economy
- India’s Domestic economy is expected to touch Japan’s nominal GDP in 2031 (in USD terms) if it grows at 9% and in 2030 if it grows at 10%.
- The report did not ascribe a size to India’s domestic economy, which stood at USD 2.65 Trillion in 2019-20.
- The only main downside risk to sustained growth is the oil prices, especially if it trends at over USD 100 a barrel.
About Bank of America (BofA):
CEO – Brian Moynihan
Headquarters – Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
BANKING & FINANCE
Tata Motors inked an MoU with SBI for Financial AssistanceOn March 26, 2021, Tata Motors, a commercial vehicle manufacturer has signed a three-year MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the State Bank of India(SBI) to offer financial assistance for the commercial vehicle (CV) customers for the purchase of the Tata Motors’ range of small and light commercial vehicles.
- SBI provides easy loan structured schemes with a down payment as well as the (EMI) to mitigate the cost difference between the BS4(Bharat Stage 4) and the BS6(Bharat Stage 6) vehicles.
- Tata Motors and SBI will exercise SBI’s Contactless Lending Platform technology to ensure uniformity, transparency and a reduced turnaround time in the loan approval process.
- Sales of commercial vehicles have been declining since 2018 when the union government introduced the revised axle norms which enhanced the load-carrying capacity of trucks.
About Tata Motors:
MD&CEO – Guenter Butschek
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
<<Read Full News>>
Japan finalises Loans & Grant worth 232.86 Billion Yen for Infrastructure Projects in IndiaOn March 26, 2021, Japan finalised loans and a grant totalling around 232.86(~233) Billion Japanese Yen (~ INR 15433 Crores) for development of several key infrastructure projects in India. The funds will be provided through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- The notes on Loan & grant were exchanged between Suzuki Satoshi, Ambassador of Japan to India & Dr. C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- The grant of 4.01 Billion Yen (INR 265 Crores) is Japan’s 1st ever Official Development Assistance (ODA) to a project in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- India became the top recipient of Japan’s financial aid under ODA since 2003, surpassing China. Between 2010 and 2020, Japan has committed a total of JPY 3.1 Trillion for infrastructure in India including connectivity projects in India’s Northeastern region.
Overview of Projects & Grants
|Bengaluru Metro Rail Project (Phase 2)||52.036 Billion Yen|
(~INR 3445 crores)
|Delhi Mass Rapid Transport System Project (Phase 4) (I)||119.978 Billion Yen|
(~INR 8000 crores)
|Himachal Pradesh Crop Diversification Promotion Project (Phase 2)||11.302 Billion Yen|
(~INR 748 Crores)
|Rajasthan Rural Water Supply and Fluorosis Mitigation Project (Phase 2)||45.816 Billion Yen|
(~INR 3036 Crores)
|Project for Improvement of Power Supply in Andaman and Nicobar Islands||4.016 Billion Yen|
(~INR 266 Crores)
Currency– Japanese yen
Prime Minister– Yoshihide Suga
<<Read Full News>>
Karnataka Bank joined with IIFL Securities to launch ‘KBL Smart Trade’ On March 26, 2021, Karnataka Bank made a tie-up with IIFL Securities, a broking and advisory firm and introduced ‘KBLSmart Trade’, a solution for its customer’s capital market needs by providing a facility to access IIFL Securities Demat and trading account.
Features of ‘KBLSmart Trade’:
- It will provide a two-in-one account facility that the Karnataka Bank Savings Bank Account holders can open a Demat & Trading a/c with IIFL Securities instantly.
- Customers will be able to directly open an account under the KBL Smart Trade arrangement.
- The account holders can access live prices and alerts, research and recommendations of stocks, trading tips, customisable watch lists
About Karnataka Bank:
Establishment – 1924
Headquarters – Mangalore, Karnataka
Tagline – Your Family Bank Across India
MD&CEO– Mahabaleshwara M.S,
<<Read Full News>>
BharatPe launched D2R Finance to provide instant liquidity for SMEsOn March 26, 2021, BharatPe, a fintech company for merchants launched its lending product- Distributor to Retailer (D2R) Finance, to provide instant liquidity to empower Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- It will offer collateral-free loans of up to Rs. 50 lakhs for a period of 7 days to 30 days and the loan is available at a low-interest rate, with zero processing to distributors, wholesalers, traders and dealers.
Distributor to Retailer (D2R) Finance
- D2R is a short-term loan that is innovatively designed to address the constant liquidity challenge faced by SMEs and its loan disbursals will be within 1 business day.
- The company has launched this product in 10 cities as a pilot programme for one month and has facilitated D2R loans of Rs. 50 crores.
- Now it is yet to launch in all 100 cities where Bharat Pe is being available and targeting to facilitate disbursals of Rs. 2500 crores in the next fiscal year (FY22).
- The company is aiming to provide this facility to small Kirana stores and merchants.
About Bharat Pe:
Establishment – 2018
Headquarters– New Delhi
Chief Executive Officer – Ashneer Grover
<<Read Full News>>
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Saurabh Garg Appointed as CEO of UIDAI; Sanjeev Kumar Appointed as Chairman of AAI On 25th March 2021, as a part of the Bureaucratic reshuffle, the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Saurabh Garg, as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).Sanjeev Kumar appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
Saurabh Garg Appointed as CEO of UIDAI
- He succeeds Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the CEO of UIDAI.
- Saurabh Garg, 1991 batch IAS officer from Odisha cadre was serving in his cadre state Odisha.
- He has been appointed in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
Sanjeev Kumar Appointed as Chairman of AAI
Sanjeev Kumar, a 1991 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre was appointed as the Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- He is appointed in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
- He has taken up the position which was served by Anuj Aggarwal as the Interim Chairman.Before Anuj Agarwal appointment, Arvind Singh served as the Chairman of AAI.
Atish Chandra, a 1994 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre,the joint secretary of Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Food Corporation of India(FCI) in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Pakistan test-fires Nuclear-capable Ballistic Missile ‘Shaheen-1A’On March 26, 2021, Pakistan conducted a successful flight test of ‘Shaheen 1-A’ (Hatf IV) a Nuclear capable Surface-to-Surface ballistic missile. It has a range of 900 Kilometres.
- The test was aimed at re-validating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including the Advanced Navigation System.
- The missile is jointly designed and developed by the Joint venture of NESCOM (National Engineering & Scientific Commission) & the National Defence Complex (NDC).
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report, Pakistan was ranked 10th in the Global list of Major importers during the period 2016-20.
Prime Minister – Imran Khan
Currency – Pakistani Rupee
Capital – Islamabad
<<Read Full News>>
Methylobacterium ajmalii: new bacteria found on ISS named after Indian Scientist Ajmal KhanNew bacterial strains were found in different locations on the International Space Station (ISS). The new species is named “Methylobacterium ajmalii” to honour the renowned Indian biodiversity scientist, Dr. Ajmal Khan, a former professor at Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
- The genome analysis of Methylobacterium ajmalii revealed the presence of genes that are involved in promoting plant growth.
- The findings of the study were published in the journal “Frontiers in Microbiology”.
The study by the research team was led by Dr. Kasthuri Venkateswaran of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, C.C. Wang of WorldQuant Initiative for Quantitative Prediction, Professor Appa Rao Podile from the University of Hyderabad (UoH) with expertise on plant growth-promoting bacteria and plant microbiome, and Dr Ramprasad, a CSIR-pool Scientist.
Findings of the study:
i.The bacterial strains belong to the family – Methylobacteriaceae.
ii.They were isolated from different locations on the ISS across 2 consecutive flights.
iii.One of the strains was identified as ‘Methylorubrum rhodesianum’ and the other 3 were undiscovered and belong to a new species.
iv.Based on the Genetic analyses, these strains are related to Methylobacterium indicum.
Football-2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup Venue – Mumbai, Ahmedabad & Bhubaneswar On 26th March, 2021 the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) & the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 Local Organising Committee (LOC) announced the 3 final venues for the 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup that will be held in India from January 20 to February 6, 2022.
- D.Y. Patil Stadium – Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- TransStadia (EKA Arena) – Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Kalinga Stadium – Bhubaneswar, Odisha
i.India will also host the FIFA Women’s U-17 World Cup in 2022.
About Asian Football Confederation (AFC):
President – Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa
General Secretary – Dato’ Windsor John
Headquarters – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Founded – 1954
<<Read Full News>>
India Legends won 1st edition of 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 against Sri Lanka Legends
India Legends cricket team won the 1st Edition of the 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 tournament against Sri Lanka Legends in the Finals. Tillakaratne Dilshan, captain of Sri Lanka Legends won the Player of the series.Sachin Tendulkar was the captain of India Legends.
- 7 Countries Participated in the series viz, India Legends, Sri Lanka Legends, South Africa Legends, West Indies Legends, England Legends, Bangladesh Legends, Australia Legends.
- The 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T20 cricket tournament was organized by the Road Safety Cell of Maharashtra to raise awareness about road safety.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
New Book Titled “1232 km: The Long Journey Home” by Vinod Kapri is set to releaseOn 25th March 2021, to mark the first Anniversary of lockdown due to COVID-19, HarperCollins India publication announced the release of Vinod Kapri’s new book titled “1232 km: The Long Journey Home”.
The book published by HarpersCollin India is set to release in May 2021.
About the Book:
i.The book is the true account of the migrants journey from Ghaziabad, Uttarpradesh to Saharsa, Bihar which spans around 1232 kilometers.
ii.1232 km is about one such journey that seven migrants from Bihar-Ritesh, Ashish, Ram Babu, Sonu, Krishna, Sandeep, and Mukesh-undertook on their bicycles that lasted for seven days and seven nights. Accompanying them was National Award-winning filmmaker Vinod Kapri.
iii.The book is the story of the courage and desperation of 7 men who faced the lathis and insults from police, and battled against hunger and exhaustion to reach their homes.
iv.The documentary based on this, directed by Vinod Kapri was released on Disney+ Hotstar.
About Vinod Kapri:
i.Vinod Kapri is a journalist turned filmmaker who won the National Award for his film “Can’t Take This Shit Anymore”(2014).
ii.His film “Pihu”(2017) has won 2 awads at International Film Festivals.
A Book Titled “From Incremental To Exponential” Authored By Vivek Wadhwa, Ismail Amla And Alex SalkeverThe book titled “From Incremental To Exponential: How Large Companies Can See the Future and Rethink Innovation” authored by Vivek Wadhwa, Ismail Amla And Alex Salkever is a guide to how the companies should proceed to remain relevant.
The book was published by Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
About the book:
The book rethinks modern innovation.
The book explores the opportunity legacy companies to create new markets, supercharge growth and remake their business by combining the tools and mindsets of startups with benefits of incumbency.
i.Vivek Wadhwa has been researching and teaching technology development and innovations in leading universities like Stanford, Duke, Harvard, and Carnegie Mellon.
ii.He also contributes to the column of Washington Post and also contributes to publications like Wall Street Journal, Fortune, MarketWatch, and the Hindustan Times.
iii.Ismail Amla is chief growth officer of Capita, who oversees the innovation efforts both internal and client facing transformation efforts globally.
iv.Alex Salkever has co-authored with Vivek for The Immigrant Exodus, The Driver in the Driverless Car, and Your Happiness Was Hacked.
World Theatre Day 2021 – March 27i.World Theatre Day is annually observed across the globe on 27th March to create awareness about the importance of theatre arts. The day is observed at around 90 International Theatre Institute (ITI) Centres across the globe and the International Theatre Community.
ii.The World Theatre Day was first initiated by the International Theatre Institute (ITI) in 1961.
iii.The first World Theatre Day was celebrated on 27th March 1962.
iv.The message of 2021 World Theatre day is authored by Helen Mirren of the United Kingdom, one of the best actresses with an international career in stage, screen and television.
About International Theatre Institute (ITI):
ITI was created on the initiative of Sir Julian Huxley, the first Director of UNESCO and JB Priestly, the playwright and novelist.
President– Mohamed Saif Al-Afkham
Director General– Tobias Biancone
Created in– 1948
Headquarters– Shanghai, China
<<Read Full News>>
UP Cabinet Approves Scheme Offering Affordable Rental Housing For Urban Migrants & Poori.On 26th March 2021, the Cabinet of Uttar Pradesh presided over by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath approved the Affordable Rental Housing and Complexes (ARHC) scheme, to offer affordable rental housing for the poor people living in cities.
ii.The scheme was launched by the Government of India through the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
iii.The project under this scheme will be used for rental accommodations for urban migrants, poor or low income group categories for a minimum of 25 years.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Ramsar sites– Sur Sarovar, Upper Ganga River, Sandi Bird Sanctuary, Parvati Arga Bird Sanctuary, The Samaspur Bird Sanctuary, Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary, Sarsai Nawar Jheel, Saman Bird Sanctuary.
Forts- Jhansi Fort, Agra Fort, Chunar Fort, Ramnagar Fort, The Fort Rampura, Aligarh Fort, Fatehpur Sikri Fort.
<<Read Full News>>
Maithri Aquatech set up the ‘World’s first mobile water-from-air kiosk’ in Visakhapatnam, APMaithri Aquatech, a startup, formed under the initiative ‘Make in India’ has set up the ‘World’s First Mobile Water from Air Kiosk and Water Knowledge Centre’ with the use of its ‘MEGHDOOT solution’ in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.MEGHDOOT means ‘Messenger of the Sky’s.
- This initiative is supported by GVMC (Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation) and project SEWAH (Sustainable Enterprises for Water and Health)
- SEWAH is an alliance between The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and SWN (Safe Water Network). USAID has partnered with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under the Jal Jeevan program.
About MEGHDOOT solution:
- It is the only atmospheric water generator(AWG) approved by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- By using this technology, kiosk will provide clean, mineral-enriched potable water by harvesting the moisture in the air which is independent of the existing groundwater and surface water resources.
- It is an environmentally friendly ‘Plug-and-Play’ solution and capable of producing 100% microbe-free potable water on a sustainable basis.
- It is capable of generating over 1 million litres of water every single day. The water generated meets the WHO (World Health Organization) as well as Indian Standards of potable water.
About Maithri Aquatech Pvt Ltd
Establishment – 2016
Founder & MD -Ramkrishna Mukkavilli
Company location – Telangana
<<Read Full News>>
Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu launched ‘Dekho Apna Pradesh’On March 22, 2021, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched ‘Dekho Apna Pradesh’campaign, in line with Ministery of Tourism’s initiative ‘Dekho Apna Desh’(DAD) to promote tourism within the state and to heal the damage caused to the sector by the COVID 19.
About Dekho Apna Desh(DAD)
- On 24th January 2020, DAD, was launched by Union Minister for Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel at Konark, Odisha, and insisted every citizen to visit at least 15 neary tourist destinations by the year 2022 to promote domestic tourism.
- The Ministry is organising a series of Webinars under the overall theme of ‘DekhoApna Desh’, a total of 81 Webinars have been organised up to date.
About ‘Dekho Apna Pradesh’ campaign of Arunachal Pradesh:
- This campaign is to create awareness on the diversity of the state bringing and encourage our people to visit other places of their state.
- Under the first phase of the campaign, 60 participants divided into 3 groups (A, B & C) would embark on a 10-day journey of various tourism circuits of western, eastern and central Arunachal.
- The campaign launched in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein and Tourism Minister Nakap Nalo.
Details on other schemes of the state:
- Chief Minister’s Paryatan Shiksha Yojana (CMPSY) – under this youth from the hospitality sector are given training from reputed institutes.
- Chief Minister’s Paryatan Vikas Yojana (CMPVY) – it is a value-added subsidy scheme in which, funds are granted for opening homestays, restaurants, bakery, food courts and adventure sports.
- Chief Minister’s Advanced Certificate Course (CMACC) under this, youths are trained in adventure and allied sports for which the state government has tied up with the Dirang based National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS).
About Arunachal Pradesh
Major Tribes of the state – Bugun, Hrusso, Singpho, Monpa, Sherdukpen, Nyishi, Wancho, Nocte, Adi, Apatani, and Khamti.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 28 & 29 March 2021|
|1||ISRO partners with IIST to undertake Joint Research Activities|
|2||MoU signed for implementation of City-Specific Action Plans in 132 cities under NCAP|
|3||CESL Signed A Pact With CSC SPV To Demand Aggregation For E-mobility & Other Initiatives of CESL|
|4||Andaman & Nicobar attains 100% Functional Household Tap Connection under Jal Jeevan Mission|
|5||Harsh Vardhan addresses India TB Summit|
|6||JNPT Signed Rs 100 Crore Pact with CNB Logitech|
|7||Afghan Foregin Minister Mohammad Haneef Atmar arrived India on a visit from March 22 to 23|
|8||Only 11% Low-income countries make their data open: WDR 2021 Report|
|9||World’s 1st Ship Tunnel to be constructed at Norway|
|10||COVID-19 pushes back India’s USD 5 Trillion GDP goal by 3 years to FY 2031-32|
|11||Tata Motors inked an MoU with SBI for Financial Assitance|
|12||Japan finalises Loans & Grant worth 232.86 Billion Yen for Infrastructure Projects in India|
|13||Karnataka Bank joined with IIFL Securities to launched ‘KBL Smart Trade’|
|14||BharatPe launched D2R Finance to provide instant liquidity for SMEs|
|15||Saurabh Garg Appointed as CEO of UIDAI; Sanjeev Kumar Appointed as Chairman of AAI|
|16||Pakistan test-fires Nuclear-capable Ballistic Missile ‘Shaheen-1A’|
|17||Methylobacterium ajmalii: new bacteria found on ISS named after Indian Scientist Ajmal Khan|
|18||2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup Venue – Mumbai, Ahmedabad & Bhubaneswar|
|19||India Legends wins Road Safety World Series T20|
|20||New Book Titled “1232 km: The Long Journey Home” by Vinod Kapri is set to release|
|21||A Book Titled “From Incremental To Exponential” Authored By Vivek Wadhwa, Ismail Amla And Alex Salkever|
|22||World Theatre Day 2021 – March 27|
|23||UP Cabinet Approves Scheme Offering Affordable Rental Housing For Urban Migrants & Poor|
|24||Maithri Aquatech set up the ‘World’s first mobile water-from-air kiosk’ in Andhra Pradesh.|
|25||Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu launched ‘Dekho Apna Pradesh’|