We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 24 September 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
DAHD signs deal with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support livestockAs a part of on-going celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) signed a multi-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support India’s livestock sector.
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala signed the deal
i.To support the nation’s food and nutritional security and protect the economic wellbeing of small-scale livestock producers.
ii.The Gates Foundation will provide technical assistance to the department to ensure sustainable growth and prosperity of India’s livestock sector.
Note: As a part of the partnership National One Health platform will be established with an aim.
National One Health
i.To improve coordination, productivity, and support livelihoods of small-scale producers.
ii.It allows tracking and resolution of animal and human health challenges and will prevent possible infection and disease outbreaks.
About Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
CEO: CEO Mark Suzman
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
MyGov Launches Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Start-ups, Tech Entrepreneurs
In September 2021, MyGov India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), launched the ‘Planetarium Innovation Challenge’ for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs.
- Objective: To enable the tech firms and startups in India to build an indigenous planetarium system software using the latest technologies (Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Merged Reality).
- The winners could get an opportunity to know the latest advancements under Planetarium along with cash prizes.
- MyGov was launched on 26th July 2014 as a Citizen Engagement Platform which collaborates with multiple Government bodies/ Ministries to engage with citizens for policy formulation.
National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses launched by Piyush Goyali.On September 22, 2021, Union Minister, Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry launched the National Single Window System (NSWS), an online portal to enable global and domestic investors, entrepreneurs, and businesses to identify and obtain approvals and clearances needed in India. It is an effort toward ease of doing business.
ii.This portal is an integration of the existing clearance systems of the Centre and states.
iii.It has been developed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) along with Invest India.
About Invest India:
It is a public-private venture with 49% government’s stake and 51% shareholding is equally held by industry associations- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
Managing Director & CEO– Deepak Bagla
>>Read Full News
India Virtually Hosted 1st India-UK Consular DialogueOn September 22, 2021, India virtually hosted the 1st India-United Kingdom (UK) Consular Dialogue. The Indian delegation was led by Devesh Uttam, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs and the UK delegation was led by Jennifer Anderson, Director Consular Services, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
- India-UK Consular Dialogue is a part of the India-UK 2030 Roadmap, in which both countries discussed ways to strengthen people-to-people contacts between them.
- India-UK Roadmap 2030: In May 2021, India and UK have adopted ‘Roadmap 2030’ at the India-UK Virtual Summit 2021, for elevating relations between the two countries to ‘Comprehensive Strategic Partnership’.
- The next round of the Consular Dialogue was scheduled to be held in 2022, in London.
About the United Kingdom (UK):
Capital – London
Prime Minister – Boris Johnson
Currency – British Pound Sterling (GBP)
>>Read Full News
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Completes 3 YearsOn September 23, 2021, the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PM-JAY) has completed 3 years.
- In order to celebrate the 3 years’ completion, National Health Authority (NHA) has organised a 4 days hybrid (virtual & physical) event, Arogya Manthan 3.0 from 23rd – 25th September and 27th September 2021.
- The 1st Universal Health Coverage initiative for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir was launched in December 2020.
About Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY:
i.AB PM-JAY is the National Digital Health Eco-system that supports Universal Health Coverage. It is also the largest health assurance scheme in the world.
ii.It was launched on 23rd September 2018 by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare as part of the Indian Government’s National Health Policy.
iii.NHA is the Implementing Agency of PM-JAY
iv.It provides a cashless health cover of Rs 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW):
Union Minister – Mansukh Mandaviya (Constituency – Gujarat)
Minister of State – Bharati Pravin Pawar (Constituency – Dindori, Maharashtra)
>>Read Full News
CIL’s NCL Partners with NTPC to Install 50MW Solar Power Project in MP; CIL signed MoU with Dept of Sport to Improve Sports InfrastructureNorthern Coalfields Limited (NCL), a subsidiary of Coal India Limited(CIL) has partnered with NTPC Limited to install 50 megawatts (MW) solar power project at Nigahi coal mines of NCL in Singrauli district, Madhya Pradesh(MP).
- NCL and CIL NTPC Urja Pvt Ltd (CNUPL), a joint venture of CIL and NTPC have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the installation of the 50MW solar power project. The entire project will be coordinated by the CNUPL.
- SK Verma, General Manager (E&M) of NCL and B K Panda, CEO of CNUPL signed the MoU.
CIL signed MoU with Dept. of Sports to improve sports infrastructure in India
Coal India Limited has signed a MoU with the Department of Sports under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to enhance the sports infrastructure in India.
About Coal India Limited(CIL):
CIL is a state-owned coal mining corporate.
Chairman– Pramod Agrawal
Established in November 1975
Headquarters– Kolkata, West Bengal
About Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL):
NCL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coal India Limited(CIL).
CMD– P K Sinha
Headquarters– Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh
>>Read Full News
MeitY Organised “Connecting all Indians” a Workshop to Make India One of World’s Largest Connected Countries
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has organised a strategy workshop titled “Connecting all Indians” to make India one of the largest connected countries in the world.
- The workshop was chaired by Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State, MeitY.
- BharatNet, the world’s largest fiber-based rural broadband connectivity project was also reviewed during the workshop.
- The workshop invited both public and private stakeholders which includes, internet service providers(Jio, Airtel), officials of MeitY and the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications to discuss the roadmap to enhance internet access in uncovered villages and towns across India.
WHO announced new Global Air Quality GuidelinesThe World Health Organization (WHO) announced new stringent Global Air Quality Guidelines (AQGs) to assess the effects of air pollution and its health impact.
- Earlier, WHO issued guidelines in 2005. Yet many countries did not reach 2005 AQGs.
- Even lower levels of air pollutions have impact on health and climate change
- In the new AQGs thresholds was set for six key air pollutants — particulate matter (PM2.5 and PM10), ozone (O3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), sulphur dioxide (SO2) and carbon monoxide (CO).
- Bangladesh, Pakistan and India have recorded the highest air pollution levels with regard to the 2005 WHO guidelines.
About World Health Organization
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Director-General: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
>>Read Full News
WMO Report ‘United in Science 2021’: COVID-19 has not Slowed Climate changeThe World Meteorological Organization (WMO) released a report on the latest climate science information named ‘United in Science 2021’.
- As per the report, the COVID-19 caused only a temporary decline in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in 2020.
- Whereas the concentrations of major greenhouse gases – CO2, methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) in the atmosphere continued to increase in 2020 and the first half of 2021.
- Global Climate in 2017- 21: The global average surface temperature for the period from 2017–2021 is among the warmest on record, estimated at 1.06 °C to 1.26 °C above pre-industrial (1850–1900) levels.
- Sea level rise: Global mean sea levels rose 20 cm from 1900 to 2018 and at an accelerated rate of 3.7+0.5 mm/year from 2006 to 2018.
About World Meteorological Organization (WMO):
Establishment – 23 March 1950
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Secretary-general – Petteri Taalas
Members – 193 Member States and Territories
>>Read Full News
COVID-19 Slow down the Development Towards SDGs – The 3rd Assessment Report of FAO
According to the report of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations(UN) titled ‘Tracking progress on food and agriculture-related SDG indicators 2021’, COVID 19 has set back progress towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) enshrined in the UN’s Agenda 2030, undermining the decades of development efforts.
- It focuses on eight SDGs, which were adopted at the UN summit in New York in 2015. It’s FAO’s 3rd assessment this time.
- According to the report, the COVID-19 pandemic has increased the burden of chronic hunger. It has pushed around 83 to 132 million people into hunger in 2020.
- COVID-19 has disrupted the food supply in society, around 14 percent of all food has been lost.
- The new report coincides with the recent UN Food Systems Summit, which aims to raise global awareness and spur actions to transform food systems, eradicate hunger, reduce diet-related diseases, and heal the planet.
About Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
It is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security.
Headquarters- Rome, Italy
Establishment – 16 October 1945
Director General – QU Dongyu
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Federal Bank partners with OneCard to launch mobile-first credit cardOn September 22, 2021, Federal Bank joined hands with fintech company OneCard to launch a mobile-first credit card to cater the individual’s credit demand for the upcoming festive season. The cards will be powered by Visa.
- The bank is targeting consumers aged between 23 and 35 years representing the Gen Z and millennials.
- This card powered by OneCard app, ‘slick’, and can be activated and used instantly in virtual format until the physical card gets delivered. Users can control their cards through the app.
i.Federal Bank focuses on ‘Digital at the Fore and Human at the Core’ i.e. to offer highly tech-enabled, customized experience.
ii.Notably, total credit card spends have grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25% from financial year 2016 to financial year 2021 and are expected to reach Rs 15 trillion for financial year 2024.
Recent collaboration of OneCard with other Banks:
i.With SBM-India (State Bank of Mauritius) to launch mobile-based credit card.
ii.With South Indian Bank to launch the app base ‘SIB-OneCard Credit Card’.
About Federal Bank:
It was established in 1931 as the Travancore Federal Bank. Its name was changed to Federal Bank Limited in 1949.
Managing Director & CEO– Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline– Your Perfect Banking Partner
Headquarters– Aluva, Kerala
Chief Executive Officer– Anurag Sinha
Headquarter– Pune, Maharashtra
RBL Bank &Mastercard Launched #UseBefikar, New Campaign for Seamless Payment ExperienceRBL Bank launched ‘#UseBefikar’, a new campaign with Mastercard to provide shopping offers and rewards for the existing cardholders.
With the #UseBefikar campaign, the RBL bank’s Mastercard holders can avail of exclusive offers with assured safety and security.
Features of the campaign:
i.The campaign is running through a series of videos that aims to resonate with the cardholders at the start of the festive season.
ii.The videos will be amplified through social media and online promotions.
iii.The campaign features celebrities like Riteish Deshmukh, Mirabai Chanu and Vikrant Massey.
iv.The campaign highlights the card’s offering for everyone, focusing on various categories like health and fitness, e-commerce, online bill payments and food delivery.
About RBL Bank:
MD & CEO– Vishwavir Ahuja
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Apnoka bank
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Bill & Melinda Gates foundation honoured South African Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka with 2021 Global Goalkeeper AwardThe Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has awarded Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, former United Nations(UN) Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of the UN Women, with the 2021 Global Goalkeeper Award.
- As a part of its annual Goalkeepers campaign, the foundation also announced the winners of the 3 additional Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards.
- These awards were instituted by the Foundation to recognise the efforts taken by the people to help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals(SDG).
2021 Global Goalkeeper Award:
The 2021 Global Goalkeeper Award has been awarded to Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka to recognise her global leadership on gender equality and her efforts to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on women and girls across the globe.
Winners of 2021 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards:
i.Progress Award 2021- Jenifer Colpas(Colombia)
ii.Changemaker Award 2021 – Fairooz Faizah Beether(Bangladesh)
iii.Campaign Award 2021- Satta Sheriff(Liberia)
- These awards recognize their contribution in supporting the global goals in their local communities.
About Bill & Melinda Gates foundation:
Co-chair and Trustee– Bill Gates & Melinda French Gates
Headquarters– Seattle, Washington, United States
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Indian Archer Abhishek Verma Elected to World Archery Athletes CommitteeIndian Compound Archer and Arjuna Awardee Abhishek Verma, 3-time world cup gold medalist, has been elected to the Athletes Committee of World Archery, the international federation for the Olympic sport of archery. He has been elected for a term of 4 years till 2025.
- The Compound women’s world champion Natalia Avdeeva (Russia) was also elected to the Athletes Committee for 4 years till 2025.
Chair– Naomi Folkard(Great Britain)
Members– Crystal Gauvin(USA); Sjef van den Berg(Netherlands); Abhishek Verma(India); Natalia Avdeeva(Russia)
About Abhishek Verma:
i.Abhishek Verma won the gold medal in the Men’s compound event at the 2021 Hyundai Archery World Cup stage III held in Paris, France.
ii.He won the individual medal in 2015 at World Cup Stage 3 in Wroclaw.
iii.He won 2 medals (1 in individual and 1 in team) at the 2014 Incheon Asian Games and a silver medal in the team event in the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games.
iv.The government of India honoured him with the Arjuna Award for archery in 2014.
About World Archery:
Secretary General– Tom Dielen
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
4 amateur astronauts return to earth after 3 day space tripSpaceX’s Inspiration4 mission is a success as the four amateur astronauts who went on a 3 day private space trip landed safely back to Earth on September 18 night.
Inspiration 4 Crew – Billionaire Jared Isaacman, the commander of the flight, Hayley Arcenaux, physician assistant, Chris Sembroski, data engineer and Sian Proctor, geoscientist and science communication specialist.
- The spacecraft splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida in the United States at approximately 7:07pm EDT (around 4:37am IST).
- The flight was part of a massive fundraising effort for St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, to raise $200 million for childhood cancer research.
- While in orbit, the crew performed many medical experiments, collecting samples and data which will help researchers better understand how microgravity affects the human body.
- They travelled to an altitude of 357 miles (575 kilometres) above the surface of the Earth, which is much further and deeper into space than the International Space Station (ISS).
i.Space Exploration Technologies Corp is an American aerospace manufacturer, space transportation services and communications company
ii.Founder and CEO: Elon Musk
iii.Headquarter: Hawthorne, California, United States
International Day of Sign Languages 2021 – September 23The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Sign Languages(IDSL) is annually observed across the globe on September 23rd to create awareness about the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- 23rd September 2021 also marks the 70th anniversary of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD).
The theme of International Day of Sign Languages 2021, declared by WFD, is “We Sign For Human Rights”.
i.The observance of the International Day of Sign Languages(IDSL) was proposed by the World Federation of the Deaf(WFD), a federation of 135 national associations of deaf people.
ii.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/72/161 on 19th December 2017 and proclaimed the 23rd September of every year as the International Day of Sign Languages.
iii.The first IDSL was observed on 23rd September 2018, as a part of the International Week of the Deaf People(IWDP).
International Week of Deaf People 2021 – September 20 to 26:
The International Week of Deaf People (IWDP) is annually observed across the globe in the last full week of September to recognise that deaf people have their own communities, own cultures, own languages, and sign languages that unite all.
The IWDP is an initiative of the WFD launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy.
- The 2021 International Week of the Deaf People is observed from 20th to 26th September 2021.
- The theme of the International Week of the Deaf People (IWDP) 2021 is “Celebrating Thriving Deaf Communities”.
About World Federation of the Deaf(WFD):
WFD was established in Rome, Italy on 23 September 1951.
President– Dr Joseph J. Murray (United States of America)
Headquarters– Helsinki, Finland
>>Read Full News
Tamil Nadu signs 24 MoUs worth Rs 2,120.54 Crore During Tamil Nadu Exports Conclave in Chennaii.On September 22, 2021, Tamil Nadu (TN) Exports Conclave was organized at Kalaivanar Arangam, Chennai (TN) which was inaugurated by the state Chief Minister (CM) Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin.
ii.The conclave saw the signing of 24 memoranda of understanding (MoU) between the TN government and industries through which Rs 2,120.54 crore will be raised and create jobs for 41,695 people.
iii.It was organized by various Departments of Government of TN and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Government of India to showcase the strengths of TN in exports.
About Tamil Nadu:
Governor– Ravindra Narayana Ravi
Wildlife sanctuaries– Point Calimere Wildlife Sanctuary, Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary, and Kalakad Wildlife Sanctuary
Zoological parks- Children’s Park, Kurumbapatti Zoological Park, and Chennai Snake Park
>>Read Full News
Telangana signs deal with Wingsure to provide AI based crop insuranceThe Telangana(TS) Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Wingsure, an insurtech venture spin-out of SRI International.
- As a part of the MoU, Wingsure will provide deep-tech-based personalised crop insurance products and advisory services to small, underserved farmers in the State.
- It will ensure hyper-local data correlation with deep technology to deliver numerous services for the individual smallholders.
Note: This alliance is among the first in the global farming ecosystem and will help Telangana to promote social inclusion and digital transformation in Indian agriculture.
i.It will support the government’s objectives to promote economic empowerment and offer opportunities for collaboration, innovation of value chains, growth, and job creation.
Chief Minister: Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
Wildlife Sanctuaries: Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary in Adilabad, Pocharam Sanctuary in Hyderabad and Manjira Wildlife Sanctuary in Sangareddy
Zoological Parks: Nehru Zoological Park in Hyderabad. It houses around 1,500 species of birds, animals, and reptiles. Vana Vigyan Kendra Mini Zoo (Kakatiya Zoological Park) located in Warangal. The Central Zoo Authority of India ordered the zoo to be converted into a national zoological park in 2010.
Punjab Govt Appoints Anirudh Tiwari as the new Chief Secretary of PunjabCharanjit Singh Channi, the Chief Minister (CM) of Punjab approved the appointment of Anirudh Tiwari, a 1990 batch IAS officer as the new Chief Secretary of the state. He will succeed Vini Mahajan, the 1987 batch IAS officer.
About Anirudh Tiwari:
i.Currently, he is serving as the Additional Chief Secretary of Agriculture and Development.
ii.He has also served as the Finance Secretary under previous CM Amrinder Singh before being appointed as the Finance Commissioner (Development).
Heritage site- Kanjli (2002), Ropar (2002), Harike Lake(1990)
Festival -Basant Panchami, Guru Nanak Gurpurab
Stadium- War Heroes Stadium, Guru Gobind Singh Stadium, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Stadium
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 24 September 2021|
|1||DAHD signs deal with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support livestock|
|2||MyGov Launches Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Start-ups, Tech Entrepreneurs|
|3||National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses launched by Piyush Goyal|
|4||India Hosted 1st India-UK Consular Dialogue|
|5||Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana Completes 3 Years|
|6||CIL’s NCL Partners with NTPC to Install 50MW Solar Power Project in MP; CIL signed MoU with Dept of Sport to Improve Sports Infrastructure|
|7||MeitYOrganised “Connecting all Indians” a Workshop to Make India One of World’s Largest Connected Countries|
|8||WHO announced new Global Air Quality Guidelines|
|9||WMO Report ‘United in Science 2021’: COVID-19 has not Slowed Climate change|
|10||Decades of Development Efforts Undermined by Pandemic- The 3rd Assessment report of FAO|
|11||Federal Bank partners with OneCard to launch mobile-first credit card|
|12||RBL Bank &Mastercard Launched #UseBefikar, New Campaign for Seamless Payment Experience|
|13||Bill & Melinda Gates foundation honoured Bangladeshi Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka with 2021 Global Goalkeeper Award|
|14||Indian Archer Abhishek Verma Elected to World Archery Athletes Committee|
|15||4 amateur astronauts return to earth after 3 day space trip|
|16||International Day of Sign Languages 2021 – September 23|
|17||Tamil Nadu signs 24 MoUs worth Rs 2,120 crore during Tamil Nadu Exports Conclave in Chennai|
|18||TS signs deal with Wingsure to provide AI based crop insurance|
|19||Punjab Govt Appoints Anirudh Tiwari as the new Chief Secretary of Punjab|