On September 23, 2021, the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana(AB-PM-JAY) has completed 3 years.
- In order to celebrate the 3 years’ completion, National Health Authority (NHA) has organised a 4 days hybrid (virtual & physical) event, ArogyaManthan 3.0 from 23rd – 25th September and 27th September 2021.
- The 1st Universal Health Coverage initiative for the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir was launched in December 2020.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the Opening Session of Aarogya Manthan 3.0.
- He released the 3rd edition of the NHA’s Annual Report 2020-2021 along with the Lessons Learnt Booklet.
- He also gave the Ayushman Utkrishta Puraskaar award to the best performing Ayushman Bharat – PMJAY States and Union Territories for efficient implementation of the scheme.
About Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY:
i.AB PM-JAY is the National Digital Health Eco-system that supports Universal Health Coverage. It is also the largest health assurance scheme in the world.
ii.It was launched on 23rd September 2018 by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare as part of the Indian Government’s National Health Policy.
iii.NHA is the Implementing Agency of PM-JAY
iv.It provides a cashless health cover of Rs 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
v.Funding – Centrally sponsored and jointly funded by both the Central government & state government.
vi.Target – To provide free access to healthcare for 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable entitled families (~50 crore people) in India.
vii.Eligibility – There is no restriction on the family size, age or gender.
- NHA introduced free COVID19 testing and treatment under AB PM-JAY for the beneficiaries.
- More than 2.5 Crore Ayushman Cards were issued to the beneficiaries through ‘AapkeDwaarAyushman’, an Ayushman card generation drive, which was conducted in partnership with State Health Agencies.
ii.Various healthcare initiatives under the umbrella of AB PM-JAY have improved through the launch of Ayushman Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Scheme), RashtriyaArogyaNidhi (RAN) and Health Minister’s. Discretionary Grants (HMDG), etc.,
Recent Related News:
Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labor & Employment Santosh Gangwar launched the convergence of the ESI (Employees State Insurance) Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY in 113 districts of 4 States – Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW):
Union Minister – Mansukh Mandaviya (Constituency – Gujarat)
Minister of State – BharatiPravinPawar (Constituency – Dindori, Maharashtra)