Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL), a subsidiary of Coal India Limited(CIL) has partnered with NTPC Limited to install 50 megawatts (MW) solar power project at Nigahi coal mines of NCL in Singrauli district, Madhya Pradesh(MP).
- NCL and CIL NTPC UrjaPvt Ltd (CNUPL), a joint venture of CIL and NTPC have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the installation of the 50MW solar power project. The entire project will be coordinated by the CNUPL.
- SK Verma, General Manager (E&M) of NCL and B K Panda, CEO of CNUPL signed the MoU.
This project will support the efforts of CIL to achieve 3000MW solar power by 2023-2024 and to become a net-zero company.
About the partnership:
i.As the project consultant, NTPC will assist NCL to get a bidder for this project and NCL will work with the bidder to execute the project.
ii.NTPC has invited the bids with the pre-bid date set on 7th October 2021 and the tender opening date on 22nd October.
iii.The project is estimated to be completed within a period of 1 year.
CIL signed MoU with Dept of Sports to improve sports infrastructure in India:
Coal India Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Sports under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to enhance the sports infrastructure in India.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Anurag Thakur, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports and Dr Anil Kumar Jain, Coal Secretary.
Features of MoU:
i.Under this MoU, the Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) Program of CIL will contribute Rs 75 crore towards the National Sports Development Fund which will be used for the construction of 3 hostels for sportspersons.
ii.The 3 hostels with a combined capacity of 350 sportspersons will be constructed at
- Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Gwalior
- Sports Authority of India’s centre, Bhopal
- Sports Authority of India’s centre, Bengaluru
i.The project which is set to be completed by 2023 will benefit the athletes by creating a conducive eco-system through focused training under the national-level coach.
ii.Initially, CIL has released Rs 25 crore for the project.
Recent Related News:
On April 23, 2021, Coal India Limited(CIL) has signed its first solar power purchase agreement for the sale of 100 MW solar power with Gujarat UrjaVikas Nigam Ltd (GUVNL) with a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for 25 years.
- CIL entered into a PPA and supply the 100 MW power generated to GUVNL within 18 months with a capital investment of Rs 442 crore.
- The 100 MW project will be executed through a Solar EPC Contractor (engineering, procurement, and construction).
About Coal India Limited(CIL):
CIL is a state-owned coal mining corporate.
Chairman– Pramod Agrawal
Established in November 1975
Headquarters– Kolkata, West Bengal
About Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL):
NCL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coal India Limited(CIL).
CMD– P K Sinha
Headquarters– Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh