On September 22, 2021, Union Minister, Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry launched the National Single Window System (NSWS), an online portal to enable global and domestic investors, entrepreneurs, and businesses to identify and obtain approvals and clearances needed in India. It is an effort toward ease of doing business.
- This portal is an integration of the existing clearance systems of the Centre and states.
- It has been developed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) along with Invest India.
i.Currently, the portal hosts approvals across 18 Central Departments & 9 States, another 14 Central departments & 5 states will be added by December 2021.
ii.NSWS provide the following services:
- Know-Your-Approval (KYA): It generates a list of approvals required by any business to commence operations.
- Common Registration Form: It ensures a single point of submission of information and documents across Ministries and States
- State registration Form: enables single click access to respective State Single Window System.
- Applicant dashboard: It provides a single online interface to apply, track and respond to the queries across ministries and States.
- Document repository: It is an online centralized storage service.
- E-Communication module: It enables online response to queries and clarification requests related to applications by Ministries and States.
iii.Currently, extensive testing by Ministries/States is going on and will continue for next 3 months to optimize the platform.
Recent Related News:
Invest India was awarded the World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency for 2021 by the OCO Global. It has been continuously identifying innovative areas of investment and bringing in sustainable investors to India, despite the disruptions caused by COVID-19 pandemic
About Invest India:
It is a public-private venture with 49% government’s stake and 51% shareholding is equally held by industry associations- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
Managing Director & CEO– Deepak Bagla