We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 17 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana completes 7th AnniversaryPradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (National Mission of Financial Inclusion) completed its 7th Anniversary on 15th August, 2021. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 28, 2014.
i.As per government data, PMJDY now has 42.89 crore beneficiaries (basic bank account holders) with INR 1,43,834 crore total balance.
- More than 50% of them are women – 23.76 crore, while 28.57 crore belong to rural and semi city areas.
- The average balance of PMJDY accounts stands at around INR 3000-3500.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
i.It is implemented by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
- Slogan of the Scheme is “Mera Khatha, Bhagya Vidhatha” (My account, fate restorer).
- Objective – To ensure access to various financial services like availability of basic savings bank account, access to need based credit, remittances facility, insurance and pension to the excluded sections i.e. weaker sections & low income groups.
About Ministry of Finance
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman(Rajya Sabha,Karnataka)
Minister of State(MoS): Dr S Bhagwat Karad(Rajya Sabha, Maharashtra) and Shri Pankaj Chaudhary( Maharajganj, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
Overview of PM Narendra Modi’s Address on India’s 75th Independence Day CelebrationsOn August 15th 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort in New Delhi on occasion of India’s 75th Independence Day Celebrations.
- PM Modi laid the vision for the country for the next 25 years, he stated “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas”.
- He launched several initiatives on the occasion.
Pradhan Mantri ‘Gati Shakti’ National Master Plan for Infrastructure
Gati Shakti will act as the ‘National Infrastructure Master Plan’ and will help in setting a holistic and integrated approach in infrastructure construction. INR 100 Lakh Crore will be allotted for the Gati Shakti programme.
75 Vande Bharat Trains
75 Vande Bharat trains to be rolled out in 75 weeks of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence to connect every corner of India.
Fortified Rice by 2024
To fight malnutrition, the government has set a target to provide fortified rice to the poor through the Public Distribution System, Mid-Day meals Scheme and Others by 2024.
Sainik Schools for Girls
PM Modi announced, For the 1st time Ever, Girls will be allowed to enroll in the Sainik Schools across the country.
National Hydrogen Mission
PM Modi announced the launch of the National Hydrogen Mission to make India the global production hub for clean hydrogen fuel production and exports.
>>Read Full News
India, EAC sign Action Plan to boost TradeA Joint Action Plan was signed between India and East African Community (EAC) to boost trade activities and faster clearance of goods of both the parties. It was signed during a virtual ceremony.
- The signing of the agreement will lead to a full Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between the two sides.
- India has been selected as a partner due to the principle of Mutual Recognition & Steady trade between EAC and India. Over the past five years (2014 – 2018), before the Covid-19 disruptions, trade between the two entities amounted to over USD 30 billion.
- The MRA once realised, will benefit companies under the Authorised Economic Operators (AEO) Programme run by the EAC Partner States. AEO is a programme run by EAC countries based on Principle of Mutual recognition and fair trade practices.
East African Community (EAC)
The EAC is an intergovernmental organization of 6 countries- named as Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda,South Sudan,Tanzania and Uganda
About East Africa Community (EAC)
Chairperson of the Summit – Uhuru Kenyatta( President of Kenya)
Headquarters – Arusha, Tanzania
‘SonChiraiya’ – A Logo and Brand launched by MoHUA for Products of Urban SHGsSecretary of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) Durga Shankar Mishra has launched a logo and brand named “SonChiraiya” to promote market products of Urban Self Help Groups(SHG).
- This would enhance women participation and make them financially empowered.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
i.The mission was launched in 2013 and is implemented by MoHUA.
ii.Aim – To uplift the livelihood of urban poor by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
iii.It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and therefore the funding will be shared between the Centre and the States in the ratio of 75:25. For North Eastern and
Special Category – the ratio will be 90:10.
iv.There are 2 components of DAY-NULM, one for urban India and other for rural India.
- Urban component named as Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana is being implemented by MoHUA.
- Rural component named Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Kaushal Kishore (Mohanlalganj, Uttar Pradesh)
India chairs BRICS Working Group on Agriculture 2021; Represented by Sanjay AgarwalOn August 12-13, 2021, India virtually chaired the meeting of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Working Group on Agriculture 2021 on the theme ‘BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agro Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition Security’. India was represented by India’s Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, India’s Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW).
- During the meeting, BRICS nations agreed to strengthen agro-biodiversity to ensure food and nutrition security.
i.Discussions were held on the Joint declaration of the 11th meeting of BRICS and Action Plan for 2021-24 for agricultural cooperation of BRICS countries and BRICS Agriculture Research Platform.
- This BRICS Working Group meeting will endorse the Action Plan of 2021-24 for adoption in the BRICS 2021 meeting.
ii.It should be noted that the BRICS Agriculture Research Platform has been developed by India to promote cooperation in the areas of agricultural research, extension, technology transfer, training and capacity building.
iii.As per the UN (United Nations) 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development noted that BRICS countries are well positioned to lead the target of achieving 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) to eradicate hunger and poverty i.e. SDG 1: No Poverty & SDG 2: Zero Hunger.
The Ministers of Agriculture from Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa participated in the meeting along with India’s Abhilaskha Likhi, Additional Secretary, MoA&FW and Ms. Alaknanda Dayal, Joint Secretary, MoA&FW.
About BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa):
2021 Chair– India
Theme for India’s Chairship– BRICS @ 15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus
NCPCR Released Report on Minority Schools of India; Recommended to Include Minority under RTEThe National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) conducted a nationwide assessment of minority schools and released a report titled ‘Impact of Exemption under Article 15 (5) with regards to Article 21A of the Constitution of India on Education of Minority Communities’.
- Objective: To study the impact of Article 15(5) and Article 21A of the Constitution of India regarding the exemption of minority schools and education of minority communities’ children.
- National Commission for Minorities (NCM) under the NCM Act, 1992 has notified Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis), Jains as the Minority Communities of India.
Key analysis of the Report:
i.The report by NCPCR gives an analysis of 23,487 minority schools across India. As per the report, 62.50 percent of students in minority schools belong to non-minority communities.
ii.Only 8.76 percent of total students in minority schools belong to socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
iii.The minority schools have only 7.95 percent of the minority children population in the states.
About National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR):
It is a statutory body under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005 under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development.
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairperson – Priyank Kanoongo
>>Read Full News
PM Launched National Automobile Scrappage Policy in Investor Summit 2021 in GujaratIn August 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually addressed the Investor Summit 2021 in Gujarat and launched the National Automobile Scrappage Policy to discard/Scrap the old inefficient and polluting vehicles in an environment-friendly manner.
- The policy will generate investment of more than Rs 10000 crores to set up 450-500 Automated Testing Units (ATU) and 60-70 Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facilities (RVSF) /scrapping centres across India.
- Under the policy, a certificate will be provided on scrapping the old vehicle and those who are having that certificate will not need to pay money for registration on the purchase of a new vehicle.
- Background: In the Union Budget 2021, the Vehicle Scrapping policy was announced to phase out old and unfit vehicles with effect from April 1, 2022.
Tata Motors signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat state government through the ports and transport department to support the setting up of a vehicle scrapping facility in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Chief Minister – Vijay Rupani
WildLife Sanctuary – Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Wild Ass Sanctuary, Jessore Sloth Bear Sanctuary.
Zoological park – Sakkarbaug zoo, Dr. Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Zoological Garden (Sarthana Nature Park), Kamla Nehru Zoological Garden.
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI Cancelled the License of Karnala Nagari Sahakari BankIn August 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the license of Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd., Panvel, Maharashtra, due to the bank not having adequate capital and earning prospects to pay its present depositors in full.
i.Along with the license cancellation, the bank is also prohibited from conducting the ‘banking’ business (including acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits) as defined in Section 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949.
ii.Cause for License cancellation:
- The bank did not comply with the provisions of section 11(1) and section 22 (3) (d) read with section 56 of the BR Act, 1949.
- It also failed to follow the requirements of section 22 (3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22 (3) (c), 22 (3) (d) and 22 (3) (e) read with section 56 of the BR Act, 1949.
iii.The Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CC & RCS), Maharashtra will issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank.
iv.Paying back the depositors (Under DICGC Act, 1961): After Liquidation, every depositor of the bank would receive a deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits in the bank up to a monetary ceiling of Rs 5 lakh from the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) (as per the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961).
About Banking Regulation (BR) Act 1949:
i.It has a total of 56 sections.
ii.Section 22: Every Banking Company in India needs to obtain a license from RBI under this section to start a banking business.
- RBI will cancel the license granted to a banking company under Section 22(4) of the BR Act.
iii.Section 47 A: Provisions under this section empowers RBI to impose a penalty.
GIC Re to Shut Down Dubai Office; Shifts to GIFT City in India
General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re), the sole reinsurer in the domestic reinsurance market, is set to shut down its Dubai Office since the Dubai Authority failed to renew its licence.
- The GIC Re has decided to shift its operation to Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), the only International Financial Services Centre in India.
- The GIC Re has decided to place its Dubai Branch into a runoff because of non-renewal of Licence, non-compliance insolvency requirement.
About General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re):
Chairman and Managing Director– Devesh Srivastava
Head Office– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Incorporated on 22 November 1972
BoM Tops PSU Banks in Q1 FY22 in Terms of Loan, Saving Deposit Growth
As per the data of the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM), BoM emerged as the top performer among Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) banks in terms of loan and savings deposit growth in the first quarter (Q1) of FY22 i.e (April to June 2021).
- BoM recorded a 14.46 percent increase in gross advances at Rs 1,10,592 lakh crore. It was followed by Punjab & Sind Bank with a 10.13 percent growth in advances.
- The Current Account Savings Account (CASA) for BoM was also increased by 22 percent, the highest among the PSU banks.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Hakainde Hichilema Elected as the New President of Zambia Hakainde Hichilema was declared as the President-elect of Zambia after defeating the Incumbent President Edgar Lungi in the 2021 Presidential Elections.
He is the 7th elected president of Zambia since independence in 1964.
- Hichilema belongs to the United Party for National Development (UPND), which is the largest opposition party of Zambia.
- It was Hichilema’s 6th attempt at winning the presidency of Zambia.
It is a country in the African continent
President Elect – Hakainde Hichilema
Capital – Lusaka
Currency – Zambian kwacha
Muhyiddin Yassin PM of Malaysia Announced his Resignation Muhyiddin Yassin(Full name- Tan Sri Dato’ Haji Mahiaddin bin Md. Yasin), 8th Prime Minister(PM) of Malaysia submitted his resignation to Al-Sultan Abdullah, Yang di-Pertuan Agong (The Supreme Head of Malaysia) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, after losing majority support to govern. He became the shortest ruling leader (18 Months) in the History of Malaysia.
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong has appointed Muhyiddin as Caretaker PM until the appointment of the New PM.
i.The Constitution of Malaysia states that the Prime Minister shall tender the resignation of the Cabinet if he loses the confidence of the majority of the members of the house of Representatives.
ii.Yang di-Pertuan Agong can appoint the new leader based on the majority and confidence commanded by him in the Parliament.
About Muhyiddin Yassin:
i.Muhyiddin Yassin took charge as the Prime Minister of Malaysia in March 2020.
Previously he has served as the Deputy PM under former PM Najib Razak from 2009 to 2015.
ii.He co-founded the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (Malay: Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia), abbreviated PPBM and served as its President.
Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia:
i.Malaysia has a unique system of monarchy, the role of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong is rotated every 5 years among the 9 Malay Sultans.
ii.Al-Sultan Abdullah, the current Yang di-Pertuan Agong is from Pahang. He took the throne in 2019.
Capital– Kuala Lumpur
Currency– Malaysian Ringgit
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Dr Jitendra Singh launched India’s 1st & World’s largest Cattle Genomic Chip ‘IndiGau’ i.On August 13, 2021, Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (MoS-Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences released ‘IndiGau’, India’s first and world’s largest Cattle Genomic Chip for the conservation of pure varieties of indigenous cattle breeds like, Gir, Kankrej, Sahiwal, Ongole etc.
ii.The chip was developed by the scientists of National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NAIB), Hyderabad (Telangana). It is an autonomous institution under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST).
About Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST):
Dr Jitendra Singh Constituency– Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
Departments– Department of Science & Technology (DST), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR)
Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India– Dr. Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan
>>Read Full News
Neeraj Chopra ranked 2nd in World Athletics Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking 2021Indian Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra was ranked 2nd (up from 16) in the recently released World Athletics Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking 2021. Neeraj was also ranked 129th in the Men’s Overall Athletics Ranking.
- Neeraj Chopra won Gold Medal in Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Germany’s Johannes Vetter (World No. 1) continued to be Number 1 in the Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking.
- The World rankings for Athletics are issued by the Sports governing body ‘World Athletics’.
Neeraj Chopra was born in Panipat, Haryana. His Gold Medal is India’s 1st Medal in a Track & Field event.
- He threw the Javelin to a distance of 87.58m to win the Gold Medal.
- Overall, it is only India’s 2nd individual Gold Medal in an Olympics. India’s 1st individual Gold Medal was won by Abhinav Bindra in 10m Air Rifle at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
About World Athletics
Founded in 1912
President – Sebastian Coe
Headquarters – Monaco
India’s Raunak Sadhwani wins Spilimbergo Open Chess Tournament 2021Indian Chess Grandmaster (GM) Raunak Sadhwani won the 19th Spilimbergo 2021 Open Master by drawing the final round against GM Adam Gozak (Hungary). The tournament was held in Spilimbergo, Italy from 11th August to 15th August 2021
- Raunak Sadhwani is the 65th GM of India. He was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Sadhwani remained Undefeated in the tournament with 5 wins and 4 draws.
- Indian Woman GM R. Vaishali finished in 14th place with 6 points. She was the best among the Women Competitors.
- In July 2021, the 15 year old GM Raunak Sadhwani won the 40th St Veiter Jacques Lemans Open 2021.
About All India Chess Federation:
President – Sanjay Kapoor
Founded – 1951
Headquarters – New Delhi
Gujjar Leader Padma Bhushan Mian Bashir Ahmed Passed Away Veteran Gujjar Leader Padma Bhushan Mian Bashir Ahmed passed away in Ganderbal, Jammu & Kashmir(JK). He was born in November 1923 in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Mian Bashir Ahmed is the son of Gujjar leader and saint Mian Nizam Din Larvi.
- Mian Bashir Ahmed is the father of Former Minister and National Conference (NC) leader Mian Altaf Ahmad.
About Mian Bashir Ahmed:
i.Mian Bashir Ahmed has served as the minister in the cabinet under Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah (the head of the government of J&K was called the Chief Minister from 1965.
ii.Later he started working for Islamic Sufi tradition and helping the downtrodden people.
iii.In 2008 he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan for his service to the Gujjar Bakarwal Community and downtrodden groups.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
New Book “The Great Hindu Civilisation” Authored by Former MP Pavan K VarmaFormer Member of Parliament (MP– Rajya Sabha) Pavan Kumar Varma (Pavan K Varma) has authored a new book titled “The Great Hindu Civilisation: Achievement, Neglect, Bias and the Way Forward”.
The book published by Westland Books formally and systematically deals with the progress of the Hindu civilisation and the current crisis.
- The book answers the question about the Hindu civilization through the history of the Hindu world, in the context of changing empires, leadership through colonisation and conquest, leading up to the current difficulties presented by the proponents of Hindutva.
- The book also discusses the philosophical, cultural, social, political, scientific and other aspects of Hindu civilisation and the impacts of Islamic and British invasion on Hindu civilisation.
About Pavan K Varma:
i.Pavan K Varma, former Indian Foreign Service(IFS) officer of 1976 Batch has served as a Member of Rajya Sabha MP(Bihar) from 2014 to 2016.
ii.He has served as the Advisor to the Chief Minister(CM) of Bihar, with the rank of Cabinet minister.
iii.He has also served as the High Commissioner of India to Cyprus (2004-2005).
iv.He served as the Director of the Nehru Centre in London (2005 to 2009) and Director General of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (I.C.C.R.) (2009-2012).
v.He has also served as the ambassador of India to many countries including Bhutan.
- Druk Thuksey(2012), Highest Civilian Award of Bhutan, by His Majesty, The King of Bhutan
- The Citizen of the Year Award (2006) by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
He has authored several books, including Ghalib: The Man, The Times; Mansions at Dusk: The Havelis of Old Delhi; Krishna: The Playful Divine: A Playful Divine; Chanakya’s New Manifesto: To Resolve the Crisis within India.
Manipur’s Patriot’s Day 2021 – August 13The government of Manipur annually observes the Patriot’s Day on 13th August to remember the heroes who sacrificed their lives during the Anglo Manipur War 1891.
The state-level observance of the Patriot’s day led by Ganga Prasad, Governor of Manipur (additional charge) and Nongthombam Biren Singh, Chief Minister of Manipur at Imphal, Manipur.
i.On 13th August 1891, Bir Tikendrajit crown prince of Manipur and General Thangal were publicly hanged at Pheidabung, presently known as Bir Tikendrajit park.
ii.The British exiled Kulachandra, King of Manipur and 21 other freedom fighters to Kalapani (present Day Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
iii.The day recognises the bravery and patriotism of the heroes who lost their lives while defending their motherland against British Rule.
Inauguration of Memorial Complex:
i.Ganga Prasad, Governor of Manipur, inaugurated the Memorial Complex at Bir Tikendrajit Park, Imphal, Manipur.
ii.The memorial is dedicated to the exiled martyrs of the Anglo-Manipur War 1891.
iii.The memorial is engraved with the names of the heroes who were exiled to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
First Rendition of State Song of Manipur:
i.The artists of Roop Raag performed the first rendition of ‘Sana Leibak Manipur’ the state song of Manipur.
ii.On 7th August 2021, the State Cabinet of Manipur decided to adopt the song “Sana Leibak Manipur”, as the State Song of Manipur.
Governor– Ganga Prasad (additional charge)
Zoological park– Manipur Zoological Garden
Airport– Imphal International Airport
Celebration of India’s 75th Independence Day – 15th August 2021India and the Indian’s across the globe celebrated the 75th Independence Day on 15th August 2021. Independence day marks the day on which India became an independent nation within the British commonwealth.
The day remembers the sacrifices of the freedom fighters, irrespective of their gender, religion and ethnicity who fought to get independence.
The theme of the 75th Independence day is “Nation First, Always First”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurled the National Flag at the rampart of the Red Fort, New Delhi.
Honours & Awards Approved by President of India:
i.Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India and the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces, has approved 144 Gallantry awards and other decorations to armed forces, police and paramilitary personnel on the eve of 75th Independence Day.
- The awards include one Ashok Chakra, one Kirti Chakra, 15 Shaurya Chakras, four Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 116 Sena Medals (Gallantry), five Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry) and two Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry).
Website & Mobile app for Independence day
i.On 3rd August 2021, The government of India announced a new website for the celebration of the 75th Independence day: https://indianidc2021.mod.gov.in/.
>>Read Full News
JK LG Manoj Sinha launched ‘PROOF’ app to monitor Timely Completion of ProjectsOn August 13, 2021, the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha launched PROOF ‘Photographic Record of On-site Facility’ app which is designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), J&K.
- The app will monitor the progress of all works allocated to different DDO’s (Drawing and Disbursing Officer) of different departments in order to bring more transparency in the governance system.
i.It will give you pictorial view of the work as the app will help in uploading geo-tagged photographs i.e. latitude and longitude and user comments on work progress
ii.It will prefer bills in the concerned treasuries against the budget allotted through the BEAMS (Budget Estimation, Allocation & Monitoring System) application.
About Jammu & Kashmir (J&K):
National Parks– Dachigam National Park, and Kishtwar National Park
Airports– Srinagar International Airport (Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport), Udhampur Air Force Station, and Jammu airport(Also known as Satwari Airport)
Museums– Amar Palace Museum, Dogra Art Museum.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray Launched E-crop Survey InitiativeUddhav Thackeray, Chief Minister(CM) of Maharashtra, launched the e-crop survey initiative across the state, with effect from 15th August 2021.
- This will be jointly implemented by the department of revenue and agriculture and Tata Trusts.
- The project was introduced as a pilot in 2 districts of Maharashtra.
Features of e-crop survey:
i.The mobile application of e-crop survey will reduce the difficulties of the farmers and provide them crop-related information without any inconvenience.
ii.The government of Maharashtra has introduced a digitized 7/12 document, an extract from the ‘Land Register’ that the farmers can now access through mobile phones.
iii.This digital system will support the farmers to get compensation from the government when the crops are damaged due to unpredictable weather and heavy or lack of rain.
The farmers will be trained on how to register their crops on the mobile application.
Governor– Bhagat Singh Koshyari
National Park- Gugamal National Park; Tadoba National park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Radhanagari Wildlife Sanctuary; Sagareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
Tamil Nadu FM PTR Palanivel Thiagarajan presents Revised Budget Estimate for FY 2021-22Tamil Nadu Finance Minister PTR Palanivel Thiagarajan presented Revised Budget Estimate for the Financial Year (FY) of 2021-2022.It is the 1st paperless budget presented in the history of Tamil Nadu.
|Revenue Expenditure||INR 2,61,188.57 crore|
|Revenue Receipts||INR 2,02,495.88 crore|
|Revenue Deficit||INR 58,692.68 crore|
|Fiscal Deficit||INR 92,529.43 crore (4.3 Percent of Gross State Domestic Product – GSDP)|
The Budget has set a target to lower the revenue deficit to INR 58, 692 crore which is 60% of the revised revenue deficit estimate for 2020-21.
TN Agriculture Minister MRK Pannerselvam presents 1st Exclusive TN Agriculture Budget for FY 2021-22
MRK Panneerselvam, Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Tamil Nadu presented 1st Exclusive Budget for Agriculture by separating it from the General Budget which was presented the previous day for the FInancial Year 2021-22.
- It is the 1st time an Exclusive Budget for Agriculture is presented in the history of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly for 100 years.
About Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister – M K Stalin
National Parks – Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine Park, Mukurthi National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary – Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Mundanthurai Wildlife Sanctuary, Point Calimere Wildlife Sanctuary
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 17 August 2021|
|1||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana completes 7th Anniversary|
|2||List of Initiatives launched on the 75th Independence Day|
|3||India, EAC sign Action Plan to boost Trade|
|4||‘SonChiraiya’ – A Logo and Brand launched by MoHUA for Products of Urban SHGs|
|5||India chairs BRICS Working Group on Agriculture 2021; Represented by Sanjay Agarwal|
|6||NCPCR Released Report on Minority Schools of India; Recommended to Include Minority under RTE|
|7||PM Launched Vehicle Scrappage Policy; Tata Motors Tie up with Gujarat Govt to Set Scrapping Centre in Ahmedabad|
|8||RBI Cancelled the License of Karnala Nagari Sahakari Bank|
|9||GIC shuts Dubai office, will shift to GIFT City|
|10||BoM tops PSU banks chart in terms of loan, saving deposit growth in Q1|
|11||Hakainde Hichilema Elected as the New President of Zambia|
|12||Muhyiddin Yassin PM of Malaysia Announced his Resignation|
|13||Dr Jitendra Singh launched India’s & World’s largest Cattle Genomic Chip ‘IndiGau’ for Conservation of Indigenous Breeds|
|14||Neeraj Chopra ranked 2nd in World Athletics Men’s Javelin Throw Ranking 2021|
|15||India’s Raunak Sadhwani wins Spilimbergo Open Chess Tournament 2021|
|16||Gujjar Leader Padma Bhushan Mian Bashir Ahmed Passed Away|
|17||New Book “The Great Hindu Civilisation” Authored by Former MP Pavan K Varma|
|18||Manipur’s Patriot’s Day 2021 – August 13|
|19||Celebration of India’s 75th Independence Day – 15th August 2021|
|20||JK LG Manoj Sinha launched ‘PROOF’ app to monitor Timely Completion of Projects|
|21||Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray Launched E-crop Survey Initiative|
|22||Tamil Nadu FM PTR Palanivel Thiagarajan presents Revised Budget Estimate for FY 2021-22|