Tamil Nadu Finance Minister (FM) PTR Palanivel Thiagarajan presented Revised Budget Estimate for the Financial Year (FY) of 2021-2022.It is the 1st paperless budget presented in the history of Tamil Nadu.
|Revenue Expenditure||INR 2,61,188.57 crore|
|Revenue Receipts||INR 2,02,495.88 crore|
|Revenue Deficit||INR 58,692.68 crore|
|Fiscal Deficit||INR 92,529.43 crore (4.3 Percent of Gross State Domestic Product – GSDP)|
The Budget has set a target to lower the revenue deficit to INR 58, 692 crore which is 60% of the revised revenue deficit estimate for 2020-21.
i.Maternity leave increased from 9 months to 12 months for women government employees with less than 2 children from July 1, 2021.
ii.A fintech city will be developed in Chennai in two phases at Nandambakkam and Kavanur. The 1st one in Nandambakkam at a cost of INR 165 crore.
iii.The ‘Kalaignar Karunanidhi Semmozhi Tamizh Award’, which has not been presented since 2010, will be given away alongside a cash support of INR 10 lakh on June 3, every year (On occasion of Karunanidhi’s Anniversary).
iv.Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) Constituency development Scheme will be restored of INR 3 crore per constituency per year from the FY 2021-22 which was cancelled due to COVID pandemic
v.‘Singara Chennai 2.0’ scheme to be launched with an emphasis on clean and green Chennai. INR 500 crore has been provided for this scheme.
vi.A Detailed Feasibility Report for the Metro Rail in Madurai is set to be prepared.Education
i.The School Education is accorded the highest importance in the budget with an overall allocation of INR 32,599.54 crore.
ii.The “Ennum Ezhuthum Mission” to ensure foundational literacy and numeracy
skills for all the students of age 8 years in Tamil Nadu by 2025. INR 66.70 crore has been allotted for the mission.
iii.A total of INR 5,369.09 crore has been provided in the budget for Higher Education department.
Health & Family Welfare
i.Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam’ scheme with a total outlay of INR 257.16 crore.
ii.A Siddha Medical College will be established by Arulmigu Baladhandayuthapani Swamy Temple, Palani, Tamil Nadu to promote Siddha.
Petrol Price reduced
Petrol price has been slashed by INR 3 per litre. It is expected to cost INR 1160 crore to the state exchequer.
Kasimedu Fishing Harbour in Chennai to be upgraded at a total cost of INR150 crore in association with Chennai Port Trust.
- The overall allocation for the welfare of the fishermen in Tamil Nadu in the Revised Budget Estimates for 2021-22 is INR 1,149.79 crore.
Housing and Urban Development
The Minister said the Government is aiming to make the state entirely slum free within a period of 10 years.
- INR 3,954.44 crore has been allocated for Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board in the Revised Budget.
In support of Jal Jeevan Mission, At least 55 litres per capita per day of good quality drinking water will be supplied to all the 79,395 habitations in the State.
- The Minister said the government will ensure that 8,03,924 homeless families in rural areas are provided a house in the next 5 years under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, INR 3,548 crore has been provided for the rural housing scheme.
TN Agriculture Minister MRK Pannerselvam presents 1st Exclusive TN Agriculture Budget for FY 2021-22
MRK Panneerselvam, Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Tamil Nadu presented 1st Exclusive Budget for Agriculture by separating it from the General Budget which was presented the previous day for the FInancial Year 2021-22.
- It is the 1st time an Exclusive Budget for Agriculture is presented in the history of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly for 100 years.
i.The Budget proposes to implement “Kalaignar’s Anaithu Grama Oruginaintha Velan Valarchi Thittam” to ensure all the villages of TN attain Agricultural Development and Self-Sufficiency over a period of 5 years. The state has allocated INR 250 crore for the Scheme.
- A separate department is set to be created for organic farming.
- A separate museum for agriculture will be set up in Chennai to showcase the glory of agriculture to the younger generation. INR 2 crore has been set apart for this project.
- For the crop insurance scheme, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana(PMFBY), INR 2,327 crore has been allocated for the FY 2021-2022.
- A new horticulture college will be set up at Jeenur near Krishnagiri district and Turmeric Research Centre will be established at Bhavanisagar near Erode.
ii.The government has allocated INR 4508.23 crore to Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) to provide free electricity for agriculture.
About Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister – M K Stalin
National Parks – Guindy National Park, Gulf of Mannar Marine Park, Mukurthi National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary – Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Mundanthurai Wildlife Sanctuary, Point Calimere Wildlife Sanctuary